Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Another review about the Scenery

4 hours ago, GSalden said:

(...) but at this point only for VFR flying .

This point has become something of a cliché about MSFS that is hardly reflected in any way, or compared to the stock FSX or P3D experience.

I can say that myself, I never had better IFR flights in any stock MS Flight Simulator than with the MSFS TBM.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, scotchegg said:

Yes, I think we all know the OP😄

Yup, totally on a smear campaign for anything MSFS related!

We get it dude P3D is the bomb!

Question:  Why aren't you flying P3D instead of posting negative non-constructive posts here constantly? 

At this point I get the feeling that you're just here trolling now!

Edited by Kilo60
  • Like 4

Chris Camp

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

You are clearly leaving a normal respectful behaviour overhere by stating your community fellows to be "poor". Why is that? Do you also post this to people who more then ones write how great MSFS is? 

Some of the folks must have been given cheerleader pom poms along with their copy of MSFS 2020.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

NAX669.png

35 minutes ago, LHookins said:

so no radio towers

Oh, there are radio towers... kind of. 😄

t13WFPc.jpg

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

59 minutes ago, LHookins said:

NOTE TO THE COMPLAINERS:  This is the MSFS forum.  Expect people to praise it here.  If we didn't like MSFS, we wouldn't be here.  

I would never, ever have the audacity to go into P3D or XPlane forums and bash their respective sims.  It's just poor form.  

It is possible to point out defects (i.e. criticize) MSFS without seeming to bash it.  I've done a bit of that myself.  The problem happens when someone comes in with an attitude that is reflected in everything he posts and bashes MSFS.  There are a few posters who are doing this a lot.  

You don't make a product better by bashing it.  If I had some of these people as testers on one of my projects, they wouldn't be my testers long.  I want information, not criticism.  Yes, point out problems.  But understand that the problems can usually be fixed, and the developers will fix them when they get more important problems fixed.

If you want to fly study level airliners, you have a couple of good options in other sims.  I do not have such options for "study level" pilotage and dead reckoning.  Orbx is no help because the only time I'd see an Orbx area is when I was flying through it to go somewhere else.  Because I am usually flying everywhere else.

Note to everyone else:  Put the haters on ignore.  You'll be a lot happier.

Hook

Well.....I am sure as soon as MS solves these issues or rolls out solutions on these requirements they will get more and more customers.

It has really nothing to do with bashing (Is there a definition for that word?).

And criticize on the MSFS Forum is the right place as it is relatedto MSFS.

I also read in between the lines and I am trying to see what others could mean with these statements.

If someone has a statement to make wich is important to him, you have to make it more than once.....otherwise it will be likely to go under....;-).

These are no violences to the forum rules here.

But I find it much more irritating that some COMMUNITY MEMBERS, aka fellow simmers with all the same hobby, are going to be personal and respectles here. 

I am not so sure if THAT is tolerated by AVSIM. 

So who are the ones who should be carefully? For sure it is not Gerard  overhere. 

Why is that so difficult to understand? 

I think I know why....

Think about it!

Now you could point us to the "Bashing passages" to help us out here. Maybe it becomes more clear.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, LHookins said:

NOTE TO THE COMPLAINERS:  This is the MSFS forum.  Expect people to praise it here.  If we didn't like MSFS, we wouldn't be here.  

I would never, ever have the audacity to go into P3D or XPlane forums and bash their respective sims.  It's just poor form.  

It is possible to point out defects (i.e. criticize) MSFS without seeming to bash it.  I've done a bit of that myself.  The problem happens when someone comes in with an attitude that is reflected in everything he posts and bashes MSFS.  There are a few posters who are doing this a lot.  

You don't make a product better by bashing it.  If I had some of these people as testers on one of my projects, they wouldn't be my testers long.  I want information, not criticism.  Yes, point out problems.  But understand that the problems can usually be fixed, and the developers will fix them when they get more important problems fixed.

If you want to fly study level airliners, you have a couple of good options in other sims.  I do not have such options for "study level" pilotage and dead reckoning.  Orbx is no help because the only time I'd see an Orbx area is when I was flying through it to go somewhere else.  Because I am usually flying everywhere else.

Note to everyone else:  Put the haters on ignore.  You'll be a lot happier.

Hook

So you call pointing to facts bashing ? In this thread there is a link without any extra comment. Later I pointed to some issues .

In a forum you will find the positive posts and critical posts. You cannot expect praises only.

Many here are jumping through the roof if something critical has been written about their MSFS. And start attacking people personal instead of responding to the subject. 
Instead of talking about bashing you might correct the people who attacked the person instead of a giving normal reply to the topic.

It is just a hobby. Some act of their life depends on it. LOL... 

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

51 minutes ago, LHookins said:

There are some things about MSFS that annoy me as well.  For example, the entire hazards.bgl database is not depicted, so no radio towers, no stacks on factories, etc.  But I'm not going on a crusade like might be done with undulating runways or tree sizes.  

And I'm certainly not going looking for unfavorable reviews of MSFS and posting them  as "honest" reviews.  Yes, I'm interested in reading dissenting opinions, but at least point out that they are less then favorable, don't try to depict them as somehow being more "honest" than favorable reviews.

THAT... is the difference between giving us information and bashing the sim.

Hook

But if you read Gerards posts clearly than you should know what he (and a lot of others) are missing. His setup may or may not be usual and common to all of us, but it is not rare either. 

I do like MSFS. But it is far from ready to use it for IFR Tubeliner flying. And it is obviously that the airliners have not nearly the details compared to their own ga planes. 

So this is not bashing but criticize AND that on the right place.

I tried VFR but I don't like it as much as using tubeliners.

Why is that a problem to you guys? 

Very strange behaviour. Really.

And SirDan did not even seem to understood why he got warned? 

O man. This is painful and I am a little confused about these behaviour here at a forum wich should be used by all of us without getting "smashed" as soon as we are criticizing the negative site of MSFS IN THIS ACTUAL state of development. 

This topic becomes useless. I am out.

Thanks to you all (Ironie off)

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

7 hours ago, GSalden said:

There are a lot people thinking that this level of eyecandy + complex addon jetliners still result in supersmooth flying. If complex addon jetliners take away a lot of CPU performance than there is less left for lots of eyecandy and still being smooth.
A faster graphics card with more VRAM will help but the CPU remains the same. There will always be a bottleneck...

the thing is, my CPU is basically doing nothing at this point with MSFS.  so theoretically there are plenty of cycles left over for crunching airliner math.  As well, the only report I've been able to find about complex airliner behavior in MSFS is Randazzo's remark about how in their testing of the NG3 has had no impact on frames.  Now could he be lying? Sure, I'm not really a fan of his anyway, but if there is someone who has usually not been shy about pointing out the defects in simulators it is Robert Randazzo.  There are of course, folks who do have their cpu's usage maxed out due to years of buying hardware for cpu bound sims and not getting on board with hyperthreading and multi-core performance, so for those folks, I guess that can be a concern.  sure there is always a bottleneck, but it won't necessarily be the same bottleneck we've been used to.

• Like 1

How dare you post anything negative about the new sim.😮

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

21 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

But if you read Gerards posts clearly than you should know what he (and a lot of others) are missing. His setup may or may not be usual and common to all of us, but it is not rare either. 

I do like MSFS. But it is far from ready to use it for IFR Tubeliner flying. And it is obviously that the airliners have not nearly the details compared to their own ga planes. 

So this is not bashing but criticize AND that on the right place.

I tried VFR but I don't like it as much as using tubeliners.

Why is that a problem to you guys? 

Very strange behaviour. Really.

And SirDan did not even seem to understood why he got warned? 

O man. This is painful and I am a little confused about these behaviour here at a forum wich should be used by all of us without getting "smashed" as soon as we are criticizing the negative site of MSFS IN THIS ACTUAL state of development. 

This topic becomes useless. I am out.

Thanks to you all (Ironie off)

Marcus

Well we now have the Cancel Culture working here. Just like on TV they scream a lot and do very little thinking for themselves. I feel sorry for the Mods here. Through no fault of their own they have let things get a bit out of hand. At some point this forum is going to become MSAVSIM if things don't calm down soon. Sam's Flight Sim Tip of the day....Block users often...I did it on that SIRDan guy last night and my blood pressure droped 10 points in just one hour.

• Like 2

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

5th January 2022 is a date I'm really looking forward to, when the only posts you see are the "P3D? What's that"  😜🤪

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Interesting "5th January 2022"... I'm waiting to see if all these prophesies come true on Ytube!

26 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

5th January 2022 is a date I'm really looking forward to, when the only posts you see are the "P3D? What's that"  😜🤪

Blocked

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

7 hours ago, mpo910 said:

And exactly this  behavior to criticize people instead of products is becoming more and more  a bad taste.

All of you who are doing this should really open a psychological forum and leave avsim to those who are using it as it is intended to be used.

Don't take every single word on a scale (like ^Honest"....) and stop behaving like childish people.

We are here to share information, meanings, opinions, visions REGARDING FLIGHTSIM and NOT  regarding people and members. 

Think about that before all of you post here. Otherwise this.COMMUNITY is not the one you should be on

Unbelievable 

Marcus

You open yourself up to this when you can make  assertions like this:"Microsoft hyped this product up like we would never again need another scenery addon. Rightly or wrongly, I expected error-free perfection, or at least darn close to it." This statement is nothing but a gratuitous pronouncement and immediately one can easily ascribe motives to the "reviewer". So you should think about it as well and get off your soapbox.

• Like 4

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Meanwhile, with no addons, i will carry on....

9g-Z5-Ok-Rtu-Q.jpg

G3-L5f-Tl-NCn.jpg

ks-CVTQ8-KMw.jpg

ih-Sg-Te8-Htk.jpg

• Like 7

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip