Sign in to follow this  
chass32

Concerned about VR perfomance.

and you are making me thinking of:

"All men will be brothers”, excerpt from german playwright and poet Friedrich Schiller’s "Ode to Joy", Beethoven used this poem in his world famous Ninth Symphony, a work that is very frequently presented at public events such as state occasions or when the advent of a new year is celebrated, for 200 years now, and counting.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

I agree with Phil Spencer in every thing he says except for VR ... I think it was someone over him who was blocking VR on Microsoft.

His statements about VR seem just like a dummy excuse.

do you have numbers of VR headsets sold and in daily use? I am sure Phil Spencer has all that market study info, more than anyone else. if there is a market, there is a Microsoft product, generally speaking. like it or not - we are only a tiny niche group, as much as we love our niche; it's obviously not the "next big thing" everybody hoped it would be. still I can't wait for my HP Reverb G2 to arrive, and the VR driver for MSFS 😊

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

From my experience, almost everyone who actually tries VR in sim flying or racing ends up like me, unable to enjoy ever simming in front of a flat 2-D screen again. I honestly don't understand how so many people spend thousands on powerful gaming PC's, cockpit setups, expensive controllers, etc, yet balk at spending $500ish on a VR headset.

• Like 2

I totally agree. but some people simply can not cope with motion sickness, others insist on playing with their FMCs, which is cumbersome with VR headset on. I expect many will try it once they hear the enthusiastic outcry from the VR pilots here very soon ....

no other FS simulator will benefit from VR as much as MSFS, simply because the graphics are so much more life-like, much more than just "plausible". even your typical preflight walk around can become a new experience. I for one , will spend hours  exploring airports, hangars, terminals and aprons, watching takeoffs and landings. entering your CJ4 must feel like the real CJ4 Citationmax, finally.

• Like 1

very nice.

On 10/23/2020 at 7:52 AM, KevyKevTPA said:

I don't think anybody is under the illusion that a system that just barely meets the "minimum specs" will be sufficient for VR, but I also don't think they're building it only for those with dual 3090s in SLI and the most expensive CPU money can buy, either.

??? Joke? :blink:

Cant agree. Which GPU do You have? How many FPS do You have?

In 2560x1440 pxt I have generally something about medium 80 FPS. It jumps between 70-90 with mixed High / Ultra settings (non city area where I fly 90% of my time).

MSFS for me has very good preformace. So it's a space for VR with Todays GPU for 100%. You dont need 4x 3090 as you think, LOL. With motion reprojection Im sure than I will recive stable 45 FPS if now I have 80 in plus (which does not mean that the 3090 will not get any better).

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

On 10/26/2020 at 7:32 PM, PlumCrazy said:

I honestly don't understand how so many people spend thousands on powerful gaming PC's, yet balk at spending $500ish on a VR headset.

What is your system, flitesim and resolution in VR?

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

36 minutes ago, dilore said:

What is your system, flitesim and resolution in VR?

My system is upper mid-range I guess.  i7 9700K @5ghz, 32gb ram and a RTX2070Super. 

My VR headset is an Rift-S, though I do have a Reverb G2 on pre-order.   I currently run XP-11 and DCS in VR.  I don't pay attention to FPS, but my eyes tell me XP-11 runs very smooth in pretty much all situations (since the switch to Vulkan), while DCS can get a bit stuttery at times in multiplayer when there is a lot going on - but most of the time is very playable.  I am running MSFS at 1440 resolution with mostly ultra settings on a 55" TV, but honestly rarely fire it up as I way prefer the immersion of VR.  

18 hours ago, PlumCrazy said:

i7 9700K @5ghz, 32gb ram and a RTX2070Super. 

I doubt that you can run 4k with the Reverb with your current system and graphics settings. 

But I've been wrong before.

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

I'm not concerned about performance anymore ... I'm concerned about VR ... it's really comming or did I dream it ?

Was it a collective dream ? Can someone pinch me ?

On 10/29/2020 at 8:02 AM, dilore said:

I doubt that you can run 4k with the Reverb with your current system and graphics settings. 

But I've been wrong before.not

I think you might be wrong here again, fortunately. Microsoft has demoed VR in MSFS to the press several months ago, long before the Nvidia Amperes were launched and according to one magazine's editor the experience was impressive. it was also said here somewhere that with settings on HIGH, you will get performance equivalent to 4K graphics setting. And we don't need 90 fps, never had that in the other simulators in VR mode either. MSFS is not an ego shooter, so I was told.

very nice.

10 hours ago, turbomax said:

I think you might be wrong here again, fortunately. Microsoft has demoed VR in MSFS to the press several months ago, long before the Nvidia Amperes were launched and according to one magazine's editor the experience was impressive. it was also said here somewhere that with settings on HIGH, you will get performance equivalent to 4K graphics setting. And we don't need 90 fps, never had that in the other simulators in VR mode either. MSFS is not an ego shooter, so I was told.

Asobo and MSFS also told us it was the most realistic flight model, the included aircraft were all tested by real world pilots and matched up the real world, best real weather engine etc etc etc. We got a ketchup popsicle. Better to wait and see then to spread rumors and speculation.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

"Better to wait and see then to spread rumors and speculation. "

that's why I was referring to an independent magazine's report, and not a Microsoft pr announcement.

very nice.

I was playing X-plane with 23FPS and ugly graphics, my expectations are not very high !!!!