Sign in to follow this  
Uwajimaya

Lighting updates for default aircraft

On 9/14/2020 at 11:23 AM, kdfw__ said:

Uwajimaya,

i have a panel flood light mod that can be merged with your external light mod, pm me if interested.

the flood is dimmable with the knob on top.

9db2179d9627f5dc50d38eb881057e555dab18ca

This would be awesome to have in the lighting mod!  The dash is waaaaaay too dark!!!

Super job, thank you very much Uwajimaya!
👍

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

5 hours ago, Uwajimaya said:

No, sorry. You'd have to manually update all the files. I'm happy to integrate with them down the road.

Many thanks for sharing your work!

About A320 flybywire mod: do we have to copy your LIGHT_A320_XXX.fx files and systems.cfg to the corresponding A32NX folders?

Thanks!

Edmundo Azevedo

5 hours ago, ega said:

About A320 flybywire mod: do we have to copy your LIGHT_A320_XXX.fx files and systems.cfg to the corresponding A32NX folders?

I may be wrong but I believe this is now incorporated into the A32NX mod version 0.3.0. Just make sure you have the latest version of the mod and you are set.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Just tried the 172. Very nice! 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

2 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

I may be wrong but I believe this is now incorporated into the A32NX mod version 0.3.0. Just make sure you have the latest version of the mod and you are set.

I'm afraid it's not yet part of the A32NX project yet, but I am working on a submission for it. Dunno yet if they actually want it 🙂 Moving my files over doesn't work because a) they have a different naming convention b) their systems.cfg file contains more than just lighting changes and c) you'd have to rebuild the layout.jason file

FYI - easiest way to avoid conflicts with other mods is to install mine and then go into Uwa light mods -> SimObjects -> Airplanes and delete the folder for the airplane in question. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 12:36 PM, Uwajimaya said:

I'm afraid it's not yet part of the A32NX project yet, but I am working on a submission for it. Dunno yet if they actually want it 🙂 Moving my files over doesn't work because a) they have a different naming convention b) their systems.cfg file contains more than just lighting changes and c) you'd have to rebuild the layout.jason file

FYI - easiest way to avoid conflicts with other mods is to install mine and then go into Uwa light mods -> SimObjects -> Airplanes and delete the folder for the airplane in question. 

Ah I found yah 🙂 lucky you - repost here

I need your individual packs not all of them combined - I cant put the entire pack in community folder with the a320 flybywire mod installed sim crashes - I dumped your individual zips not knowing this was going to happen can I get individual zips ? for all your aircrafts with lighting fix - thanks much

Rich Sennett

Heya! Interesting, doesn't crash for me.. but that doesn't help you. (Make sure you got their latest version)

Although I'm not packing them individually anymore, there is an easy fix: Install my mod normally, then go to …\Packages\Community\Uwa light mod pack (v.X)\SimObjects\Airplanes. You can either delete the A320 folder OR, you can go into the A320 folder and rename the systems.cfg file to something else. That way, you can easily get the mod back by renaming it back to systems.cfg. Either way - no more conflict. And you can do this with any plane in my mod. Let me know how it goes.

Edited by Uwajimaya

7 minutes ago, Uwajimaya said:

Heya! Interesting, doesn't crash for me.. but that doesn't help you. (Make sure you got their latest version)

Although I'm not packing them individually anymore, there is an easy fix: Install my mod normally, then go to …\Packages\Community\Uwa light mod pack (v.X)\SimObjects\Airplanes. You can either delete the A320 folder OR, you can go into the A320 folder and rename the systems.cfg file to something else. That way, you can easily get the mod back by renaming it back to systems.cfg. Either way - no more conflict. And you can do this with any plane in my mod. Let me know how it goes.

Hi Uwa,

Is your mod all working after the latest patch?

1 minute ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Hi Uwa,

Is your mod all working after the latest patch?

Yessir, updated it on patch day.

On 9/30/2020 at 11:18 PM, Uwajimaya said:

Just a heads up.  Just deleting that folder doesn't work.  I had to yank all entries for the a320 from the layout.json and I removed the a320 effects files from the effects folders.  Otherwise the batteries on the a320 FBW mod wouldn't even turn on.  My best guess is if the mod causes a conflict with any other aircraft mods (CJ4 etc) as well that those would have to be removed in the same way to fix it.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Oh, very sorry about that. Can you tell me what mod version of mine you had? I'll see what I can do so deleting the folder does work as intended. (We ultimately need better mod support/a way to prioritize mods)

Updated: Son of a biscuit, I don't know what the heck I tested, but you are correct. Given the current state of mod and SDK support, the only option is for me to provide one mod package that includes all a/c, and packages for each a/c individually. Oy. Help me Obi Wan Asobo, you're my only hope.

Edited by Uwajimaya
  • Like 1

Alrighty, thanks for the feedback everyone, please keep it coming.

Changed my mod structure - the download is still one file, but it contains each aircraft in its own folder.You can now easily modify or delete a single aircraft lighting mod without breaking the entire package. Also - added the X Cub, DR400, and Cap 10 (which turned out a lot more fun to fly than I expected!).
I have a couple more planes to go, then I'll start looking at cockpit lighting and integrating some of the relevant mods already available. Also noodling on making landing lights reflect in clouds without it looking like pea soup outside of clouds. Would be nice to have that effect.

https://uwajimaya.github.io/FS2020/

• Like 2