Sign in to follow this  
Uwajimaya

Lighting updates for default aircraft

Many thanks for this Uwa - Absolute hero! 🙂

I note you are looking at the Cessna 152 (one of my favourites) and I will wait patiently for that. 👍

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

On 9/18/2020 at 11:52 PM, Uwajimaya said:

he mod will not work with the D40 TDI, it's part of the deluxe package and has hidden files. Same goes unfortunately for the Cirrus SR22, I won't be able to create a mod for it anytime soon.

This is the unfortunate side effect of paying extra for the deluxe/premium planes, you are at MS/Asobo's mercy as to when/if things on them get fixed.

James

Howdy all,

A5 and C152 (@bobcat999 Yo!) are done. Using a little trick to simulate lens flare on the strobe lights (current lighting system is only partially implemented, Asobo working on new version, no ETA). Lemme know if you like the effect.

IconA5_1.jpgC152_1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Absolutely superb Uwa! 😊

It has been a rough day at work today, so it is things like this that come along and add a bit of positivity.

I will try it as soon as I get in tonight.  Can't wait to have a look at your new strobe effect! 👍

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

On 9/22/2020 at 10:11 AM, Phantoms said:

This is the unfortunate side effect of paying extra for the deluxe/premium planes, you are at MS/Asobo's mercy as to when/if things on them get fixed.

This is true, but also you get 10 reasonable aircraft and 10 reasonable airports for roughly what it would cost you for just one (admittedly better) airport and one aircraft.  They work out at a couple of bucks each.

5 hours ago, Uwajimaya said:

Howdy all,

A5 and C152 (@bobcat999 Yo!) are done. Using a little trick to simulate lens flare on the strobe lights (current lighting system is only partially implemented, Asobo working on new version, no ETA). Lemme know if you like the effect.

Luv your work - could you sneak in led lights for the A320 - that would be much appreciated 🙂 thank you

Rich Sennett

4 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Absolutely superb Uwa! 😊

It has been a rough day at work today, so it is things like this that come along and add a bit of positivity.

I will try it as soon as I get in tonight.  Can't wait to have a look at your new strobe effect! 👍

Thank you, glad to hear it. And tomorrow is Friday, the week's almost over - hang in there!

And yes, A320, I know...

🙂

Edited by Uwajimaya
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Uwajimaya said:

Thank you, glad to hear it. And tomorrow is Friday, the week's almost over - hang in there!

And yes, A320, I know...

🙂

Thanks much I'm a pia 🙂 

Rich Sennett

Alright folks, it took me a little bit (ok, a lotta bit), but may I present – A320 lighting mod and… lens flares!

Took me 3 weeks to figure out how lighting effects files work (and don’t work)… mostly because every little change requires a restart of the sim to see if the changes actually does what you hope it does.

Amywho... Default A320 lighting mod, and updated C208 (with lens flare effects) now available for download!

A320_1.jpg

Edited by Uwajimaya
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Uwajimaya said:

Alright folks, it took me a little bit (ok, a lotta bit), but may I present – A320 lighting mod and… lens flares!

Thanks!  Quick question is this compatible with the flybywire mod for the 320.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Amazing thank you so much 🙂 yes a ton of restarts - how it works with repainting a real pain - great job 🙂 

Rich Sennett

2 hours ago, flyinion said:

Thanks!  Quick question is this compatible with the flybywire mod for the 320.

Basically if you install two mods for the same plane one mod is likely to overwrite the changes made by the other.  For example this mod ovrwrites the changes made by the :"more realistic 152" mentioned elsewhere in the forum.

This overwriting can be mitigated if mod files only contain the code they modify rather than rewriting everything however in the end it is an artifact of how FS2020 mods work and outside the control of the mod writers.

2 hours ago, Uwajimaya said:

No, sorry. You'd have to manually update all the files. I'm happy to integrate with them down the road.

4 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Basically if you install two mods for the same plane one mod is likely to overwrite the changes made by the other.  For example this mod ovrwrites the changes made by the :"more realistic 152" mentioned elsewhere in the forum.

This overwriting can be mitigated if mod files only contain the code they modify rather than rewriting everything however in the end it is an artifact of how FS2020 mods work and outside the control of the mod writers.

Thanks guys no worries. I’m still enjoying these immensely on other aircraft 

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro