Sign in to follow this  
styckx

The avionics failure bug is the end of the line for me

On 9/18/2020 at 8:10 AM, daztheman70 said:

On 9/18/2020 at 11:24 PM, styckx said:

Some planes there is no recourse. You're simply left without avionics.  Only left to *wing it* or restart your flight. These kind of bugs are absolutely criminal and we shouldn't have to wait a month for it to "maybe" be fixed.

It happened to me also many times ! very frustrating..

you can solve it !!

disable all AI traffic and put to zero all ground airplanes... if you like use only "Realtime Traffic" the bug desappear ! it's because of some strange conflict between you and AI traffic !!! disable it and the ghost pilot escapes from your cockpit !!

garanteed !!

14 minutes ago, bozflyer said:

It happened to me also many times ! very frustrating..

you can solve it !!

disable all AI traffic and put to zero all ground airplanes... if you like use only "Realtime Traffic" the bug desappear ! it's because of some strange conflict between you and AI traffic !!! disable it and the ghost pilot escapes from your cockpit !!

garanteed !!

Not the case, I have been flying only with AI traffic (and real time multiplayer where it locks the time/weather/etc.) for weeks now and have had the screen dimming issue on the a320 and Longitude.  So, AI traffic isn't the only cause.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

7 hours ago, flyinion said:

A guess would be nexts week’s patch, but all we know for sure there is we’re getting an improved Japan. If they really don’t fix anything at all though next week, I’m finding some way to get my $120 back from Steam. I don’t care that it’s been 30 days. 

Good luck with that as they seem to have reverted to the standard refund policy. When I was seeing red mist earlier in the week, having to slowly redownload the whole install at 500KB/s (it's still got about 4 hours to go), I put in a refund request that was declined. That was despite including a detailed account of all the issues and that the previous 20 hours or so spent in game were actually trying to reinstall after the 1.8.30 patch booggered my install (also due to the file looping bug) and that the game was unfit for purpose under UK consumer law. Cut no ice and going down the road of a chargeback with Steam tends to have the nasty effect of them suspending your entire account thus losing every other game you bought over the years.

Problem is, that this bug is a VERY seriously one.
It Will stop you from flying.
Should be in the top 3 fixes ASAP.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

39 minutes ago, PapaRomeo said:

Problem is, that this bug is a VERY seriously one.
It Will stop you from flying.
Should be in the top 3 fixes ASAP.

I am sure it is on their list... frustrating, I know.. but give them time. 🙂

Bert

Yeah, this one is really getting to me as well.  And it seem like after this patch, more and more bugs keep occurring that weren't there before, even right after the patch was installed.  Several of the aircraft are now nearly un-flyable.  I am at the point where I am probably just going to have to put the sim aside for a few months and see if anything has improved by then.  I mean, I get that this is an extremely complex sim, but as many of us who were in the tech preview kept warning the devs, they were rushing this to general release way too soon.  It needed at least another 4 to 6 months.

I finally went so far as to uninstall-reinstall yesterday to try to get rid of the avionics/AP bugs that came with the patch. I had already tried disabling AI and ground AC, which didn't help. Apparently ghost pilots reaching up from AI aircraft on the ground were not the cause of my bugs, not that I ever put much stock in that "fix". Anyway the reinstall download was MUCH slower than the original on the day of release, taking over 7-hrs compared to 4-hrs on the original. Rebooted, fired up the sim, same exact problems that appeared after the patch. Some have argued that since they have seen no bugs it must be user error. If that's the case then the patch must have released some kind of simmer virus that caused previously adept simmers to suddenly become incompetent. Anyway, lets hope for a fix sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, desbean said:

I finally went so far as to uninstall-reinstall yesterday to try to get rid of the avionics/AP bugs that came with the patch. I had already tried disabling AI and ground AC, which didn't help. Apparently ghost pilots reaching up from AI aircraft on the ground were not the cause of my bugs, not that I ever put much stock in that "fix". Anyway the reinstall download was MUCH slower than the original on the day of release, taking over 7-hrs compared to 4-hrs on the original. Rebooted, fired up the sim, same exact problems that appeared after the patch. Some have argued that since they have seen no bugs it must be user error. If that's the case then the patch must have released some kind of simmer virus that caused previously adept simmers to suddenly become incompetent. Anyway, lets hope for a fix sooner rather than later.

I thought about doing a reinstall but I guess I won't based on your experience.

• Upvote 1

I was able to stop the bug by turning on generic models for AI and Player aircraft.  Not sure why it worked, but that's what did it for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gurantsu said:

I was able to stop the bug by turning on generic models for AI and Player aircraft.  Not sure why it worked, but that's what did it for me.

Hey that works!

8 hours ago, Gurantsu said:

Can anyone else confirm this?

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

I have had the same avionics problem, it started after patch 2, I thought it was  bug with the Carenado Ovation because it started after I purchased that aircraft, but it happens with all the aircraft I fly. I also deleted the Ovation to try a fresh install but it will not let me download it again the sim says the Ovation is installed! Very frustrating. I am about to try GURANTSU.s fix to see if that stops the avionics bug.

Edited by Scimiter

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

no avionic problems here with any plane, but i had a few about a week ago, deleted some Mods and installed the latest for each (a32nx, salty, citation, TBM etc) not the 152 or Bonanza. I havent had any issues since then thou no idea why

16 hours ago, Elvensmith said:

Good luck with that as they seem to have reverted to the standard refund policy. When I was seeing red mist earlier in the week, having to slowly redownload the whole install at 500KB/s (it's still got about 4 hours to go), I put in a refund request that was declined. That was despite including a detailed account of all the issues and that the previous 20 hours or so spent in game were actually trying to reinstall after the 1.8.30 patch booggered my install (also due to the file looping bug) and that the game was unfit for purpose under UK consumer law. Cut no ice and going down the road of a chargeback with Steam tends to have the nasty effect of them suspending your entire account thus losing every other game you bought over the years.

If you were prepared to ride that bus all the way to legal proceedings, you'd undoubtedly win. Eventually. But it would cost you more than the refund to do that, and along the way they would make life hard for you by suspending your account etc.

So as with a lot of legal stuff against the big guys, it's not a case of being right, it's more a case of whether you can actually afford to demonstrate it. Not fair of course, but that is the way it is, as you say. So yeah, good luck to anyone who tries it, because they've got you by the nuts if you have a big account with them which is at risk of other stuff becoming locked if you get awkward. Valve probably didn't become as big as they are by being lovely to everyone. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If MS would have launched the sim as 

"planes still in development" buy only if you are comfortable with that clause, i believe everyone moaning here would still have purchased it

Maybe next version MS will do just that

Edited by kapitan