Sign in to follow this  
ark

The Learning Curve is Steep

I don't see much of a learning curve for the team.

I have believed for quite some time back into the Alpha period that this was being targeted as a video game.

My thoughts haven't change any on this.

The product was over hyped and was under delivered.

I don't expect much improvement in the mess the game currently finds itself in.

It is far, far from a simulator. Baffling why so many are heaping praise on forums about what the future holds.

Some even mention a 10 year development window. In 10 years hardware will change and other developers such as LM & Laminar may up their game to a whole new level.

Right now other than beautiful scenery there isn't much this game has going for it.

It is going to take months just to fix the many bugs it has at the rate they are moving which appears to be one update about every 4 weeks.

Edited by tpete61
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BigDee said:

I am actually so much excited about X-Plane 12.

When is it released?

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I really like the sim right now and the direction it's headed (minus the CTD'S) and if they keep fixing stuff we throw at them through Zendesk I will remain a fan.

Edited by Isaiah53six
  • Like 1

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

For me, it is the excitement of world wide scenery and exploring airports that you dreamed about, but can now explore as a GA pilot. Yes, the aircraft are not up to caliber, but planes are in the pipeline from the serious developers with an evolving SDK.   If the aircraft are delivered at a study level that serious simmers expect, I truly believe this is the simulator platform of the future. At present, there is enough scenery novelty in this simulator to keep me entertained for months. Add on future high quality aircraft and the sky is the limit 🙂

• Like 4

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

2 hours ago, BigDee said:

But Microsoft, having developed so many great technologies, has started to decline when they focused on gaming (XBox) and introduced .Net  that is closely tied to Java 🤮

What dot Net has to do with Java and what Java has to do windows and flightsim? 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

9 hours ago, Doering said:

If the aircraft are delivered at a study level that serious simmers expect, I truly believe this is the simulator platform of the future. At present, there is enough scenery novelty in this simulator to keep me entertained for months. Add on future high quality aircraft and the sky is the limit 🙂

Same here. I'd not consider myself a hardcore simmer, but an aviation enthusiast, that knows a thing or two about real world aviation. And I am excited with the new sim. Also about these first steps we take along with ASOBO into the future of simming.

8 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

What dot Net has to do with Java and what Java has to do windows and flightsim? 

Random MS rant? MS has changed a lot for the better the past 10 years. I think people still complaining are trapped in that old pattern of dislike.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

2 hours ago, tweekz said:

Random MS rant? MS has changed a lot for the better the past 10 years. I think people still complaining are trapped in that old pattern of dislike.

Indeed. This was really a ridiculous rant that had really no sense at all. And yes, I really like the new Microsoft under Satya Nadella, that guy really understands the value of the community and open source. I think that attitude is reflecting in their products. Can you imagine how Microsoft working with the community for MSFS? Unlike FSX, FS9.. Etc

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

So much said here..

Firstly, Asobo did not rush to release the game. They are only the developers & designers. It's a Microsoft product, released by Microsoft.

The new Microsoft under Nadella? He has been the CEO for the last 6 years..

Microsoft has instituted programs under Nadella to use AI to improve accessibility, and he has also spoken frequently about responsible AI development. Nadella has also led an aggressive acquisition strategy using his company's cash to buy companies big and small.

At the moment, Microsoft runs 15 gaming development studios. Nadella does not micromanage them.

MSFS is obviously a technology demonstrator for AI & cloud gaming. 

Do not blame Asobo nor Microsoft for releasing the game too early.. It was the hype & obviously the me first early adopters that jumped in before any reviews or real life testing took place.. Mea Culpa!

As it has been said before.. apart from the AI scenery, with it's eye-candy & errors, we have a bunch of mediocre GA aircraft, the ability to fly over our own house, we can watch Youtube 7 Wonders of the World & other scenic sites, we can read how difficult it is to download/set-up/run etc, read all the queries about suitable hardware, & that's about it..

A simulator? It's obviously a game that will end up on Xbox, that we REALLY want & expect it to grow into a game that actually simulates a simulator, & no longer becomes a technology demonstrator.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

and in other news: There's a new version of Win 10 coming in October. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.