Sign in to follow this  
samcan

Any reviews of FlightBeam’s KPDX?

Has anyone seen any reviews of FlightBeam’s KPDX for MSFS? I Googled but only saw reviews for older flight sims. And the in-game marketplace only shows “star ratings,” no actual reviews.

Thanks!

PC Specs: Intel i5-7500, 16GB DDR4 2400 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1660 6GB GPU, 1TB Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2, 1TB spinning rust HD (via SATA), 3TB spinning rust HD (via USB), Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Attack 3 Joystick

FSX: SE | MSFS2020

It's a must buy.  Anything from them is automatic for me. Performs really great.  Doesn't have that tin foil look at night on the Runways like the p3d version had.

• Upvote 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

1 hour ago, samcan said:

Has anyone seen any reviews of FlightBeam’s KPDX for MSFS? I Googled but only saw reviews for older flight sims. And the in-game marketplace only shows “star ratings,” no actual reviews.

Thanks!

Here's my review:

Buy it!

Edited by DJJose
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Haven't seen any reviews but I bought it without hesitation. Come on it's from Bill Womack/IBlueYonder. One of the best developers out there. I have great performance and love the details and texturing. Only thing is that the bridges on the Willamette River and Columbia River needs a rework but that's a whole different story.

RobdeVries.jpg

It's great scenery.  It's lacking a feature new to scenery airport design in FS2020.  The easiest way to describe it is in the Longitude (I'm sure this is the case for other aircraft as well) you can punch in the airport details and get the runway frequencies.  With a quick push of a button their in your NAV1 or 2.  Uninstalled FB's scenery to test, the runway frequencies were there again.  You'll find many add-on sceneries once their installed blow away the runway data meaning you'll have to know all runway frequencies before hand like the old way (I like the new convenience).  I reported this in FB's support forum.  It must be some scenery config edit that needs to happen when creating airport scenery now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

It's stunning. buy it.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Anything from Flightbeam/iBlueYonder does not need a review. You just simply buy it and love it. 

• Upvote 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I own KPDX for P3D and I'm convinced the MSFS version is beautiful too, But I'm hesitating to buy larger airports as long as we don't have any detailed airliners from PMDG or FSL.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

6 minutes ago, Nemo said:

But I'm hesitating to buy larger airports as long as we don't have any detailed airliners from PMDG or FSL.

Me too. I wish some developers would work on some of the smaller general aviation or even regional airports. I just have not been moved to buy large hubs when I am flying a 172 95 percent of the time. I am working my way down the eastern seaboard right now and will pick up Norfolk and Key West as I get close to them; I just wish there were many more like this.

Edited by Cognita
  • Like 2

Dan Scott

It's excellent. Nothing to complain really!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Wanted to purchase with the discount on their site, but they only give the discount to exiting customers, so passed. Looks really nice.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

If they make it, make sure you buy it.  It's always worth the dosh.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Thanks all, I purchased it this morning; hopefully can take a quick flight after I get off work.

I wasn't aware of Flightbeam/iBlueYonder's reputation; I never bought paid scenery for FSX, and this is my first paid scenery for MSFS.

PC Specs: Intel i5-7500, 16GB DDR4 2400 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1660 6GB GPU, 1TB Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2, 1TB spinning rust HD (via SATA), 3TB spinning rust HD (via USB), Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Attack 3 Joystick

FSX: SE | MSFS2020

The question does not arise, Flightbeam products are to buy with closed eyes.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case