Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

Patch 1.9.3.0

6 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

Are you using GeForce Experience game optimization for FS2020?

That keeps happening to me it was GeForce Experience "optimizing" my game.

Loving this update after investigating further - sim is smooth and AA seems back to normal a good couple of restarts I guess 

This sim rocks - did notice that REX WF is working great now had to uninstall it give all rights to exe and I also use takeownership on entire rex folder might be overkill but works for me - luv REX WF so nice

Water is crazy flat unless you crank the wind settings but your basic props are going to get kicked around - rather have the waves show up with a lot less wind

Night still sux to me not a fan 😞  they didnt touch that obviously all and all heading in a great direction thanks Asobo 

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Like 1

Rich Sennett

1 minute ago, marcg11 said:

I dont think so...but I have tweak here and there so much its tough to keep track of once in awhile.....

I asked because this is what it does, resets and lowers your in-game settings to gain smoothness.

second CTD..right after my Hat switch goes berserk. Flying around over Tokyo on the Airbus A320 neo this time.

• Like 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

46 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

TBM goes up and down when on AP, stops at 2x and 4x time compression, then resumes at higher time compressions...

https://streamable.com/45o859

Seeing this as well. I love that plane. It did only appear to impact my takeoffs but need to test more.  

Update: I do not see the plane bobbing up and down. Only on takeoffs. 

Edited by RobJC

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

As with the prior patch it seems most are seeing improvements and some have gone backwards. 

It makes me wonder what people have done under the hood, maybe even for prior sims, that’s causing all the issues.

I reset my laptop for a totally clean install for MFS20 and now have a new system that only has MSF20 on it and l don’t have as many issues, except for obvious  bugs...

Just now, Cmcollazo71 said:

As with the prior patch it seems most are seeing improvements and some have gone backwards. 

It makes me wonder what people have done under the hood, maybe even for prior sims, that’s causing all the issues.

I reset my laptop for a totally clean install for MFS20 and now have a new system that only has MSF20 on it and l don’t have as many issues, except for obvious  bugs...

I wonder that a lot.  Its why I have not messed with any of the configuration files and what not I am worried it will screw something up later with the patches.  This isn't FSX and there is rapid development.  In just 45 days we have had 3 patches and a content add-on.  That makes me concerned things I change can mess up something later.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pjs37 said:

I wonder that a lot.  Its why I have not messed with any of the configuration files and what not I am worried it will screw something up later with the patches.  This isn't FSX and there is rapid development.  In just 45 days we have had 3 patches and a content add-on.  That makes me concerned things I change can mess up something later.

Exactly... “patience is indeed a virtue” in this case!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

It’s always been like this for me at ctrl + + + or more, so now at lower rates... no biggie, only have time for short hops anyway...

Ok, at least it won't 'dolphin' on non-time compression  (speed up)...,the AP is decent in the TBM.

• Like 1

Simon

1 minute ago, simon747 said:

Ok, at least it won't 'dolphin' on non-time compression  (speed up)...,the AP is decent in the TBM.

I've had the Dolphining in the TBM as well as the citation since the new patch.

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Just now, Moria15 said:

I've had the Dolphining in the TBM as well as the citation since the new patch.

Graham

is that on non CTRL +++ etc, with regular non time compression phases of flight?

Simon

Just now, simon747 said:

is that on non CTRL +++ etc, with regular non time compression phases of flight?

yep normal flight, no compression on a climb using A/P .   If you turn of the A/P the dolphining stops.  Once it's levelled out at top of climb, it's fine again.

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

3 hours ago, devgrp said:

Haven't downloaded it yet but I've seen some saying they dumb down the waves, lod and aa which makes absolutely no sense lol

This is exactly what i wanted to show another example of a opinion from what someone else said . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

3 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

yep normal flight, no compression on a climb using A/P .   If you turn of the A/P the dolphining stops.  Once it's levelled out at top of climb, it's fine again.

Graham

geez; are you climbing with v/s hold?

Simon

3 minutes ago, simon747 said:

geez; are you climbing with v/s hold?

tried it on both vertical VS hold and on FLC and got the same effect on both.   the FLC climb was worse but the vertical climb on FLC was higher than on a limited VS climb.  VS I limited it to 2000  ft/min ..  on the FLC I was powering up at 4000 ft/min

Graham

EDIT :-   thinking back, I had this dolphining on the first release, but the 1.8 release stopped it..  seems its reverted in 1.9.

Edited by Moria15