Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

OCTOBER 1ST, 2020 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

OCTOBER 1ST, 2020 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

POSTED BY: MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR TEAM

mpvalmiki.pngScreenshot by mpvalmiki

This week has been a busy week for the Microsoft Flight Simulator Team. We released our first world update (Japan) which also contained additional updates to the sim. On our live stream we announced information on our upcoming Closed Beta VR and the requirements to participate. For more info on that head over to our VR information page.

To top things off we held our second live Dev QA where we talked about the state of the sim, bugs, features, and the future. Check out the video below to watch the stream if you missed it. As mentioned in the stream our journey is still young and we look forward to continuing it together with you.

– MSFS TEAM

Development-Banner-GIF.gif

AROUND THE WORLD – EUROPE

PARTNERSHIP SERIES UPDATE – INTRODUCING GAYA SIMULATIONS 

TWITCH UPDATE

Yesterday we hosted our monthly Developer Q&A on our Twitch Channel. It is now live on Youtube with marked chapters to highlight the top questions. Feel free to explore the developer responses to your questions here:

MARKETPLACE UPDATE

The Marketplace has 4 new products and 5 updated products:

4 NEW PRODUCTS

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

5 UPDATED PRODUCTS

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

image009.jpg

RELEASED LAST FRIDAY (9/25)

3 NEW PRODUCTS

Community-Banner-GIF.gif

MORE AMAZING SCREENSHOTS FROM THE COMMUNITY

Theduck38-2.pngScreenshot by Theduck38

Mariangello.jpegScreenshot by Mariangello

Theduck38.pngScreenshot by Theduck38

c0mmanderkiller-2.jpegScreenshot by c0mmanderkiller

Foughtzombie.pngScreenshot by Foughtzombie

Wh1te506.jpgScreenshot by Wh1te506

c0mmanderkiller.jpegScreenshot by c0mmanderkiller

AymanOne-1.pngScreenshot by AymanOne

damiankadziela.pngScreenshot by damiankadziela

Tomlaut1980.jpgScreenshot by tomlaut1980

NEXT UPDATE – 10.08

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 6

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Mods, Please pin 😉

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

no word about a patch or hotfix? would be interesting to know whether we need to wait for the next world update in November to see things (officially) fixed like tall buildings since Japan update, map crash etc.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Great Gaya video, really liked that and the European one was nice to see as it is home.

CJ

17 minutes ago, DAD said:

no word about a patch or hotfix? would be interesting to know whether we need to wait for the next world update in November to see things (officially) fixed like tall buildings since Japan update, map crash etc.

There's a fix right now for the tall buildings that works like a charm.  If you read (on this forum about it)  I suggest that you make a back-up copy of the original two files, in their different locations, that you delete two sections of the .cfg file and then save with Note+.  If for any reason, you wish to have the original files back...merely overwrite the ones you removed those two section of coding from.  Simple...and it works.  When the next update comes...merely and FIRST before you run it....replace the two modified .cfg files, with the original from the present patch...and then update the available patch. Hope this helps. All the information you need is on the thread that made the fix public.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

8 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

There's a fix right now for the tall buildings that works like a charm.  If you read (on this forum about it)  I suggest that you make a back-up copy of the original two files, in their different locations, that you delete two sections of the .cfg file and then save with Note+.  If for any reason, you wish to have the original files back...merely overwrite the ones you removed those two section of coding from.  Simple...and it works.  When the next update comes...merely and FIRST before you run it....replace the two modified .cfg files, with the original from the present patch...and then update the available patch. Hope this helps. All the information you need is on the thread that made the fix public.

You now only need to install the fix in the Community folder - no danger to the original files.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

yeah, that's why I put "official" as I don't want necessarily to fiddle with editing files. though I do remember now that I read there is also a file now available to put in the community folder which overrides the official but bad tall building cfg, found it here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/buildings-much-too-high-in-1-9-3-0-patch/288300/168

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

please, before a second world update, correct the ocean water textures first, they all remind me of FS2004 water texture enhancement packs.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

Mods, Please pin 😉

Pined 🌲 

45AD9124-A7AF-488A-B7EC-C60E7A4961B8.gif

• Like 2

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

8 hours ago, sarp_79 said:

please, before a second world update, correct the ocean water textures first, they all remind me of FS2004 water texture enhancement packs.

Hope they fix / revert the nighttime building reflections as well.

9 hours ago, DAD said:

The map crash is one thing, but tall buildings do not need a hotfix 😛 Things like the left engine on the airbus dies when apu is turned off is things that absolutely could use a hotfix. Also issues downloading and installing the game. 

• Like 2

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

56 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

The map crash is one thing, but tall buildings do not need a hotfix 😛

That surely is a matter of opinion... I can keep my fingers off the V key, now that I know that it may crash the sim, but the buildings were ruining every flight for me... until the Community fix came along..

What Microsoft should do, is either adopting this fix, or telling their customers where to find it!

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 6

Bert

55 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

That surely is a matter of opinion... I can keep my fingers off the V key, now that I know that it may crash the sim, but the buildings were ruining every flight for me... until the Community fix came along..

What Microsoft should do, is either adopting this fix, or telling their customers where to find it!

Dont misunderstand me, I am a champion of hotfixing, and I think Asobo should start doing hotfixes. However, they haven't done it so far even with serious issues affecting their player base. In perspective, tall buildings wont stop you flying the sim. I agree that bad scenery is bad (though I haven't seen these buildings myself), but gamebreaking bugs is worse. 

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

I totally agree. As it seems it's a quick fix, they should address it in this dev update and explain how to fix it. It will guaranteed not take a programmer more than max 5 minutes to fix it.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

I found two things interesting in the developers interview.  The fact that they are not going to make the airliners super realistic because they do not want to take business away from 3rd party companies.  Super kudos to Asobo for this.  Secondly, they also said they will eventually make the Garmin as realistic as possible.

• Like 1