Sign in to follow this  
mikeklimek

X-Plane 11: Where Have I Been All Your Life?

6 hours ago, Janov said:

Flying and enjoying a realistic simulator is not for the masses

It also requires a realistic SDK for realistic 3rd party content...

• Upvote 3

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

59 minutes ago, Greazer said:

To explain simply, MSFS is Next Gen and X Plane is legacy sim, in the same bucket as FSX, P3d and Aerofly.

Please, DO let us know when helicopters are available for this "Next Gen" MSFS.  

🙂

Edited by GoranM
  • Upvote 3

Sim is out since 8 weeks...Jeez.

Not to sound like a troll, but I bet MSFS will have helicopters or an expanded SDK before XP11 has photo-scenery streaming, AI autogen or even built-in volumetric clouds. 🙂

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

If you look at Greazers past posts, he does nothing but troll these forums.  

For now, it is IMPOSSIBLE for MSFS to have helo's.  The flight model doesn't allow it.  In the future...maybe.  

The bugs in MSFS are far too many to mention, and that's ok.  We KNOW it only just came out.  We ADMIT it looks better than X-Plane.  But that's where the comparisons stop.  The looks.  If you can set aside the favouritism, just for a few seconds, you can admit the SDK is seriously lacking.  It's lacking so much that it cannot handle complex systems of modern airliners.  

We just want to talk about X-Plane, in these X-PLANE forums.  Yet, for some reason, Greazer, who has a YouTube channel with X-Plane videos on it, keeps trashing it.  Toxic doesn't even come close.

Will X-Plane have streaming scenery?  Not likely.  Do we WANT streaming scenery?  Not if it's 5 year old Bing data with AI that is far from perfect, and creates houses that look like aircraft.

Personally, I don't want a scenery simulator.  I want something that can recreate as many systems as an aircraft has, with a flight model that uses real physics.  Going by what I've seen in the latest aircraft I'm working on, X-Plane more than delivers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Several (satisfied?!?!) MSFS users evangelizing here in the XP forum... What's the point? You'd better spent your time in the official MFS forums to report the many issues of MFS, than being here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

24 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Please, DO let us know when helicopters are available for MSFS.  

and airships and gliders and mars and jetpacks and drones - in fact anything that uses something different or more complex than two basic wings and a tail to fly through a standard atmosphere.

Although I am led to believe from a reliable source that Asobo considered any further flight model development to be even more outside their brief than VR, dispite peoples wishes, but unlike VR they havent even started trying yet and look less and less likely to as time wears on.

Probably because that's hard, and the sum total of Asobos real life aviation experience before launch was the ceo registering for the PPL(A) exams.

I found it sickening they put someone in charge of such a significant aviation product who has less flight experience than me, even before we really got to see how badly they messed it up. Heads should roll.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

8 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

I smell some BS in this post, not going to elaborate but its more a feel me good about myself post.

If you believe the original post is BS or "feel good" pep talk, that's fine.  You're certainly entitled to your opinion.

I purchased MSFS and having flown in it for several hours, I think it's outstanding.  FSX being my only frame of reference until recently, MSFS blew me away.  I can only imagine where it will be once it matures further.

Having also researched X-Plane I decided to give it a whirl as well, and really enjoy it for all the things it offers right now---hence, I'm drawn more to it and fly it more than MSFS for the time being.  That's not a knock on MSFS, that's just where I am at the moment.  Is it possible, subjectively speaking, MSFS will overtake X-Plane at some point in the future for me?  Absolutely it's possible.

I was momentarily excited about my newfound "discovery" and wanted to share it somewhere.  The wife certainly didn't care, lol.  So in that sense, I suppose I did feel good about it.  Guilty as charged.

All the best and happy flying!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Murmur said:

Several (satisfied?!?!) MSFS users evangelizing here in the XP forum... What's the point? You'd better spent your time in the official MFS forums to report the many issues of MFS, than being here.

The point is that I want XP to improve, but if even if lucid users and developers won't recognize scenery streaming, AI building generation or the built-in marketplace as fantastic additions to the simulator genre, even if they have issues that need to be addressed, then I throw in the towel.

Probably the same lot that thought that XP10's UI was fine...

Edited by GCBraun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

8 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

scenery streaming, AI building generation or the built-in marketplace

I don't think scenery streaming is currently feasible for someone other than Microsoft or Google, so realistically it's pointless to discuss about it. Indeed, we don't even know if it's feasible long term for MS themselves.

Built-in marketplace is a different philosophy than what XP adheres to, the latter being much more free and open for everyone. Not saying one is better than the other, just that historically LR uses a different philosophy, so even in this case I doubt you'll see a built-in marketplace, with the good and bad.

The real significant discussion could be about visuals, lighting engine, clouds, weather, water, seasons, buildings, and then some other things like ATC, AI, etc.

But all of these things have been acknowledged and hinted about by LR, so even here, not much more to do than wait for XP12...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Is it not ok to have a different opinion?  Some people love Adobe's subscription plan.  Some don't.  Some people like scenery streaming.  Some don't.  (Picture those who are on capped internet plans, and are limited to 200GB per month). 

Everything you mentioned might be great for you, but others are happy to go without it.  Personally, it doesn't interest me.  If X-Plane does have scenery streaming, ok.  Great.  I'd use it, but it wouldn't be a showstopper if it never had it.  For me, at least.  The built in market place...I was always wary of built in market places.  Where I was "forced" to make my purchases.  I want a choice.  

This whole thing is rooted in "freedom of choice".  And whatever we choose, it should be without ridicule from others.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, GoranM said:

The built in market place...I was always wary of built in market places.  Where I was "forced" to make my purchases.  I want a choice.  

I am not forced to use the marketplace. I could buy directly from Orbx or SimMarket and sometimes I do (when big discounts are involved). It just makes sense for me, as a user, more often than not, to consolidate the installation and update process conveniently from inside the simulator.

3 hours ago, GCBraun said:

The point is that I want XP to improve, but if even if lucid users and developers won't recognize scenery streaming, AI building generation or the built-in marketplace as fantastic additions to the simulator genre, even if they have issues that need to be addressed, then I throw in the towel.

I think actually pretty much everyone agrees on this - the more realistic the scenery looks, the better. As Murmur said, no one but Microsoft and Google can really pull satellite scenery off these days, so it´s not really an option for LR or LM. The question every user has to answer for himself is how much of a requirement this is for enjoyment. A lot of people say they "can´t go back" to XP because of it - I value other things as condition sine qua non and can therefore not go to MSFS.

The marketplace may turn out to be a nifty way to browse and install addons - it remains to be seen how they will organize it to keep out chaos and low quality...people will hold MS responsible for anything "non pleasant" that stems from it.

The future is uncertain. I believe it will feature both MSFS and XP for the next years, though.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

I want online streamed scenery for XP12, I want a marketplace. Oh, wait a minute, MSFS has it already. Perhaps I should use MSFS?

Oh wait a minute, this is not the Official Feature and Requests thread for X-Plane?

But I have no doubts what game will be the top edge of the sims in a couple of years from now.

Edited by BigDee

Time for some group therapy 101 for this thread.

X-Planers say something positive about FS20, FS20ers, say something positive about X-Plane before each side goes its merry way in its respective subforum. Noncompliance will be sanctioned with a frying pan over the head.

GO!

Edited by Bjoern
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days