Sign in to follow this  
DarkMantle

Is it me or is the 787 completely useless and unflyable?

6 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Defensive much? 

OP wants a 787, he can get high quality one now from Quality Wings for P3D V5.x, fully function and doesn't typically go inverted and most systems actually work. 

But please do tell me when QW will bring their 787 into MSFS?  I haven't heard any announcement for delivery date from QW ... Q4 2021, 2022, 2023?

My post was about providing a solution for the OP, not about reading a crystal ball nor artificially limiting oneself to a platform "just because".

Cheers, Rob.

Not defensive at all, I was giving you props.  If you are going to troll, you should be good at it, unlike some of the amateurs I've been seeing here lately, and yours was well done.  Kudos to you.  It's hard to gauge whether or not the OP is already a P3D user or not, but I'd hate to assume he was and consign him to spending hundreds/thousands and a lot of free time on configuring another entire other sim just to enjoy one almost, but not quite, study level airliner. (to be clear, the QW level is preferable to me than full study level, that was not a dig at them)  And I chimed in to say the default 787 was not great earlier in the thread, so I'm not defending any sort of perceived goodness on the part of the default.

And I can look forward to the QW planes in MSFS if I want.  I figure there are 2 real possibilities, they develop for msfs or they quit developing entirely, and I'm thinking they still want to develop stuff that people buy at some point.  I could be wrong, of course, and I can't claim to have a crystal ball, just a brain.  They took a while for all the other sims, so I don't expect it soon.

• Like 3

Troll...or some other motive. The issue here is the MSFS 787. Telling a user they can spend many hundreds of dollars (potentially) for a 787 in a sim that looks like a cartoon and is out of date - together with multiple issues isn't good advice. We need to work on getting the MSFS 787 working. This is the MSFS forum, for discussion about MSFS matters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

And there goes your bias and troll like exaggerations ... how about 1-2 hrs assuming he doesn't have P3D.  I have no idea what the OP's background is and how important it is to him to get a working 787 and made no assumption the OP was locked into a single platform.

Cheers, Rob.

I've made no assumptions about the OP at all, but I do know that to get p3d into the state you show in your vid, it is going to take a bit, and it's going to require a not insignificant expenditure, and even more so if he wants to fly more places than just where you did.  I have recently gotten a p3d installation with addons working from a new pc build, and I laugh at your suggestion that a full install of all those wonderful addons you are using, along with getting them configured for proper use takes 1-2 hours.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Chock said:

Well, to be fair, the real thing sucked when Boeing first made it too. Cracking wing spars on flight tests, battery units bursting into flames, drilling the wrong sized holes for the fasteners in some of the panels. Makes Asobo's effort look quite professional in comparison. 🤣 

Well when you put it that way we're getting maximum realism out of ASOBO. "If it sucked in the beginning in real life it will definitely suck here. 😄 "

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

7 hours ago, Chock said:

Make sure you don't use Active Pause with it. If you do, this is the result when you un-pause the sim:

xxQJVzP.png

Dont see nothing wrong with that 😄

9 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Dont see nothing wrong with that 😄

There's a real world Pilot! LOL 🙂

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

9 hours ago, DarkMantle said:

I can get it off the ground.  After that the Autopilot is deadly and there is zero elevator control.

Here's the thing. The elevator will not go above neutral if your AOA is approaching a stall (I presume this is a safety precaution implemented in the RW 787, but I don't know). The flight model is on the light side where you require flaps and/or more airspeed then one might expect to keep from stalling. The combo of these two is deadly. 

To fly successfully, keep your speed up and use flaps early and often.

• Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

There's one thing I feeI I can be certain about and that's LM will never have a default "Boeing-anything" in any version of P3D....😄

Edited by YMMB
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, ShawnG said:

I've made no assumptions about the OP at all, but I do know that to get p3d into the state you show in your vid, it is going to take a bit, and it's going to require a not insignificant expenditure, and even more so if he wants to fly more places than just where you did.  I have recently gotten a p3d installation with addons working from a new pc build, and I laugh at your suggestion that a full install of all those wonderful addons you are using, along with getting them configured for proper use takes 1-2 hours.

...and even with many hundreds of dollars worth of addons it still look like a cartoon, bugs and all.

• Like 1

I have to agree, the 787 is really terrible. In hindsight, I wish I had purchased the base variant of MSFS then upgraded the aircraft with 3rd party software as they came. Even the additional "hand-crafted" airports are a bit of a disappointment and I should stuck to aftermarket. Oh well, live and learn.

• Upvote 1

On 10/8/2020 at 5:20 PM, ShawnG said:

The default a320 is the hands down best default airliner ever released with a sim.

Have you tried landing the thing? It's awful. Not even close to being the best default airliner ever released.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ShawnG said:

eh, it's ok.  they don't have much else to do, their own forum has slowed way down.

As an FSX:SE user I find this trend ......  disturbing... :tongue:

17 hours ago, odourboy said:

To fly successfully, keep your speed up and use flaps early and often.

Treat her a bit like an ultra modern MD-11 then.. 🍻:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

2 hours ago, 2reds2whites said:

Have you tried landing the thing? It's awful. Not even close to being the best default airliner ever released.

landed it like 20 times.  I've heard of some of the issues, but I haven't seen it in my sim.  However even if it was exactly as described for me, it's better than the fsx defaults.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ShawnG said:

landed it like 20 times.  I've heard of some of the issues, but I haven't seen it in my sim.  However even if it was exactly as described for me, it's better than the fsx defaults.

It really isn't.

• Upvote 1