Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo Mod RELEASED

4 hours ago, raymar said:

My first try was without adding the A or Z to the filenames.  This is one of those unexplained things that I have given up on.  Kinda like your troubles with the MarketPlace.  BTSOM (beats the shyhte outta me)

Have you tried a-  instead of a_  ? I don't recall seeing any mod using _ instead of -

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

3 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

Have you tried a-  instead of a_  ? I don't recall seeing any mod using _ instead of -

Nope. Can't imagine that could make a difference.  Thanks though.  I gave up on it.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Is there a way to add liveries that were independently developed into the turbo mod? I see many G36 liveries around and I'd like to get them to work with this Turbo mod.

4 minutes ago, mikegrr said:

Is there a way to add liveries that were independently developed into the turbo mod? I see many G36 liveries around and I'd like to get them to work with this Turbo mod.

Yes you can, but you will need to edit the  layout.jsn file in the mod's top folder and aircraft cfg  in the mod's simobjects folder.Open the aircraft cfg file (after making safety copy) and copy/paste one of the FLIGHTSIM.X entries (where X is the number in the ordered list of aircraft additions) and add a title at the first line, then below that the texture name/number, then below that the unique registration number.

In the layout.jsn file you'll see a bunch of Texture references for each current livery: DDS/Json/Texture/Thumbnail/small thumbnail.

You'll need to add all the texture dds and json files in a new list. If you have complex liveries there will be a lot of entries. This is quite involved if you haven't done this before - or if your additional liveries have their own layout and json files you'll need to merge that with my mod's equivalent. You can only have ONE layout.json file.

Lastly place the new liveries in new TEXTURE folders. You can name them what you like but it might be easier to carry on the texture numbers (7,8,9,etc).

Don't. forget to make BACKUP copies of everything before you edit!

• Like 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Yikes sounds complex. I'm not sure it's worth the effort, but if get up the energy I'll try it.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, robert young said:

I've based V1 of my mod on the standard G1000 engine readouts as (at the time of V1 publication) but I have used the excellent G1000 mod. I don't have enough time with the G1000 mod to comment but for the upcoming V2 I will pay more attention to temperature details.

Thank you very much. If tried to find a g36 Turbo performance chart to compare egt temperatures with the shown in the mod but y can’t seem to find one . I will wait for the v2

thanks

16 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

@Rob-

I am looking forward to V2, and have a big smile plastered all over my face each time I take the Turbo-normalized G36 for a spin.  Your constant pursuit of perfection is most appreciated!

@Community-

Rob Young stands in a very select group of aircraft developers, and if we are to demonstrate our gratitude for his work, it can be best done at - https://www.paypal.com/donate/?cmd=_donations&business=XMBLBU72YLFMA&currency_code=GBP&Z3JncnB0=

I hope this "plug" doesn't upset him, but like so many with his altruistic bent, he is not great at self promotion. This is a TANGIBLE way for you to express your gratitude to one of the Flight Sim Legends we have been graced with.

Stay Healthy Rob!

C

I think Robert much deserves a contribution for his dedication to the FS community!. If we all contribute a little (I just did) it is  a nice way to say "Thank you".  

• Like 3

Edmundo Azevedo

16 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

I hate to keep dragging robert's thread off topic further, but the EGT display on the Working Title G1000 does indeed work (for the G36 at least, maybe not for other aircraft) and the value changes in the expected way as you adjust the mixture.

It's true that the bar graph above the number is for aesthetic purposes only at this point as there is only 1 EGT number tracked in the sim, so they did some movie magic behind the scenes to create 6 believable bars above the one number.

I might not have been clear, this isn't a gauge problem - the gauge shows what the sim gives it, but the sim seems to have some mixture issues.  

Edited by kerosene31

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

5 hours ago, macius said:

Thank you very much. If tried to find a g36 Turbo performance chart to compare egt temperatures with the shown in the mod but y can’t seem to find one . I will wait for the v2

thanks

There is a superb video made by a Bonanza owner all about EGT, CHT, mixture controls and leaning. The turbo temperatures are not that different to the normally aspirated engines, except at lower altitudes and slow speeds. So the video I'm linking you will be useful, in fact so useful that I am including the link in my Version 2 as it explains EGT settings better than I could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3bATVXMHQg&t=353s

• Upvote 2

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

1 hour ago, kerosene31 said:

I might not have been clear, this isn't a gauge problem - the gauge shows what the sim gives it, but the sim seems to have some mixture issues.  

Hey Kerosene31, the goal here is simply to get an easy to acquire marker to help with the crippled mixture system.  I think the EGT value is a valid number as will be the TIT number when the team makes that one available also.

Ray

35 minutes ago, robert young said:

There is a superb video made by a Bonanza owner all about EGT, CHT, mixture controls and leaning. The turbo temperatures are not that different to the normally aspirated engines, except at lower altitudes and slow speeds. So the video I'm linking you will be useful, in fact so useful that I am including the link in my Version 2 as it explains EGT settings better than I could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3bATVXMHQg&t=353s

Thanks Robert, yes this is a very beneficial looks at the interactions.  For those that enjoy reading the written word, there is an older series by very knowledgeable retired airline captain (with 40,000 logged  hours) and Bonanza owner with turbo normalization mod that also explains this and references some graphs.  You can search for Pelican's Perch #18 Mixture Magic.

These posts have been around as long as we have, but, are just as timely today, maybe more so as ever.

https://www.avweb.com/features_old/pelicans-perch-18mixture-magic/

and follow up with this one. 

https://www.avweb.com/features_old/pelicans-perch-32those-fire-breathing-turbos-part-2/

Enjoy,

Ray

This one seems to sum up the interrelationships and covers the LOP and ROP of Peaks.

curves_.JPG.016916924ffbffc3213d980d305567fb.JPG

20 hours ago, robert young said:

The W/T G1000 mod is excellent. It does give slightly optimistic readings compared with the default. I don't know which is more accurate, but the mod is detailed and gives really useful extra read-outs. It's 100% compatible with my mod and works superbly. I'm a big fan of its no-terrain Primary Display option which looks fantastic. I don't know if there are any clashes between that mod and the also excellent G36 improvement GitHub team mod. We are spoiled for choice!

Hi, Robert, it's really rewarding to hear that from someone whose work I respect, so thank you for that.    There shouldn't be any clashes with the other G36 mod, and in fact it is customized to take advantage of our extended system display pages to show, eg, the two different loads on BUS1 and BUS2 🙂

I'm curious what you mean by "slightly more optimistic readings", I can't think of anything we did that would change the way basic information is computed, just how it's displayed in some cases, but I could be overlooking something.

This may be the most informative few pages that is available for fully understanding what this is all about. Maybe one day we will have a working Mixture Controller and it will begin to make sense.

https://www.avweb.com/features/avweb-classics/pelicans-perch/pelicans-perch-65where-should-i-run-my-enginepart-3-cruise/

19 hours ago, raymar said:

I tried 6 times with changes between each, and the G1000 v3.1 does not load for me.  I am going to quit trying for now.

I think I see your problem, Ray.  It looks like you may have unzipped the mod into its own folder named after the zip file?   I bet if you look inside there you'll find another directory called "workingtitle-g1000", and inside that you'll see two json files (manifest.json and layout.json).  For any MSFS mod, the directory with those is what needs to be in the Community folder.   If you have what I think you have, take that wokringtitle-g1000 directory and put it right in Community and it should work.