Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 15th, 2020 - Development Update

Things are getting a little testy over on the official MSFS forums, mods have started locking threads.

There were a number of weather related items in the Bugs and Issues forum that didn't show up in the feedback snapshot this week, apparently the Community team at MS that runs the forums decided that there was "not enough specific information" in the Original Posts of those threads, and "it's too much work to read all the individual posts", so they just omitted those items from the feedback snapshot.

So if the folks at MS don't like your particular item for whatever reason, they will just leave it off no matter how many votes it has.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

"it's too much work to read all the individual posts", so they just omitted those items from the feedback snapshot.

Well, from an example I've seen in a post here , plus one on lightning I think, (and if posting on this very forum is anything to go by) I can actually see their point on that one. If people would actually search for a thread covering the issue they want to raise and vote for that/contribute to that thread, then the Community team wouldn't have to spend an inordinate amount of time collating all the complaints from various threads about the same thing

• Upvote 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

16 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Well, from an example I've seen in a post here , plus one on lightning I think, (and if posting on this very forum is anything to go by) I can actually see their point on that one. If people would actually search for a thread covering the issue they want to raise and vote for that/contribute to that thread, then the Community team wouldn't have to spend an inordinate amount of time collating all the complaints from various threads about the same thing

These were items that fell within the range of vote counts that made it into the Feedback Update without even needing to consolidate the votes, and were left out, as if all weather issues have been magically fixed and no more developer time is needed.

It's this thread and to be honest it makes me very concerned.  They are getting combative over legitimate concerns about the weather, then playing dumb and saying not enough information have been given to debug.  When you read the item that was left off the feedback snapshot here there are plenty of specific examples people give of errors and inconsistencies in the weather. 

The latest comment from an MS Community manager person in the thread is to say (emphasis mine):

I’ll check with the team on this for next week’s Feedback Snapshot to see if it was on purpose or not. Expect to see it on the Snapshot next week if it wasn’t intentional.

So they make a system where people can vote for issues, but only the issues that the MS Community Management team "likes" get into the actual feedback snapshop......and they get all combative when people question this.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Things like VR and DX12 I’m in no rush for. I feel like it’s trying to run before they can walk a little bit. Much rather ASOBO stuck to improving the basics/fundamentals first and foremost. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

e17W6QD.png

Nope! This has not been solved!

Only thing that has been solved is the missing sensitivity page. The actual problem is the over the top pitch authority (especially at low speeds & linear response curve (possibly) due to flawed calculation of dynamic pressure on control surfaces)!!

Unfortunately the corresponding thread of the Bugs & Issues section has also been moved to the “Resolved bugs” subforum!

This really needs improvement though. Probably the most fundamental aerodynamic issue.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

They mention updatess 3, 4, 5 and 9 in the logs. What about 6-8?

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

10 hours ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

Things like VR and DX12 I’m in no rush for. I feel like it’s trying to run before they can walk a little bit. Much rather ASOBO stuck to improving the basics/fundamentals first and foremost. 

And fixing what each patch is either breaking or removing from what we had before, like the current LOD issues with popping trees and blurry terrain textures. I still don't understand what's going on there. It's worse than in the Alpha or the first release of the sim, and without a trade-off with faster frame rate. Otherwise I'd think it was an "optimization" effort for VR. 

I know we all have our pet issues like AP, the GPS, or live weather. Scenery stability is mine, because until more aircraft arrive, it's a light GA aircraft VFR sightseeing sim for me, and there is no point with the reduction in scenery quality that they introduced 2 patches ago. 

• Like 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

57 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

current LOD issues with popping trees and blurry terrain textures

After the patches, I've noticed heavier load on the old 2080ti with better fps (but texture quality remained the same and "popping" wasn't really noticeable). Noticed you're running a 1660ti and wonder if the dynamic load balancing is being more aggressive in situations where the sim gets GPU bound now. Have you tried changing render scaling and seeing if you LOD issues improve?

2 hours ago, DylanM said:

Noticed you're running a 1660ti and wonder if the dynamic load balancing is being more aggressive in situations where the sim gets GPU bound now. Have you tried changing render scaling and seeing if you LOD issues improve?

Yep, I've tried everything, but nothing resulted in the nice high res ground textures we had before, without this terrain blur (or popping trees). I put it back to where I had it before at Render Scaling 100 and Terrain LOD at 100, which gives me the frame rate I like in the low 30's to 40 fps.

For what it's worth, the FPS display in Dev mode shows the sim is "Limited by MainThread" and not GPU bound. I'm also on a very fast, hardwired Internet connection so it's not a streaming issue.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

On 10/16/2020 at 6:51 AM, MarcG said:

Meh, these weekly updates really are pointless and don't actually offer much at all. Wish they'd take it to Monthly versions and improve upon them, but alas we're stuck with nothing weekly updates, oh well.

If they didn't post weekly updates you'd be complaining about poor communication.  They can't win either way with some people. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, badger2000 said:

If they didn't post weekly updates you'd be complaining about poor communication.  They can't win either way with some people. 

No I wouldn't, be good if people actually read what i wrote!

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

18 hours ago, frankla said:

I still dont understand why seasons is not in top wish list.

I can only guess but I‘d say it‘s because they already confirmed seasons a long time ago. Same with VR and helicopters.

• Like 3

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

7 hours ago, Shack95 said:

I can only guess but I‘d say it‘s because they already confirmed seasons a long time ago. Same with VR and helicopters.

I understand.  But helicopters is in the wish list and VR is in beta. Yet  there has been zero communication/acknolwdgement about seasons timeline in any of their recent roadmap.

Edited by frankla

21 hours ago, frankla said:

there has been zero communication/acknolwdgement about seasons timeline in any of their recent roadmap.

It was addressed in the latest Developer Q&A video (49:58)
They say explicitely "no timeline/ when it's done", but are eager to implement seasons and are working on it.

Earlier, they had spoken in more details regarding snow, in that other interview. Sorry, I don't have a specific timestamp:

Both interviews are worth being listened to entirely, for all the details they provide.

Edited by funkisushi
  • Like 2