Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Around the World Tour: North America

1 minute ago, frankla said:

Yes.  That's what I recall. 

They didn't say North America though - they said USA would get an update.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

5 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

North America is going to be the next world update right?  I recall them mentioning they had gotten much better data for the US.

They said it's going to be for the United States, so probably not for the rest of North America.

1:53 in the latest Q&A.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty

5 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

So does anyone have photogrammetry in their sim looking like this?  They put together amazing looking videos but my experience has not been anything like what is seen here (or in any of the marketing videos for that matter).....in fact I have recently disabled photogrammetry because of how bad it looks sometimes (ie pointy buildings, trees, etc)....

Exactly. And their videos are like butter. 

Lovely video but given the water masking and extended LODs I'm guessing that's not the current release build.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 hour ago, scotchegg said:

Lovely video but given the water masking and extended LODs I'm guessing that's not the current release build.

They really need to get the water masking done and in the sim.  I get that it's possible these videos were cut a long while ago with a WIP build, but it feels a little disingenuous to still be showing it in these videos two months after launch.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

So does anyone have photogrammetry in their sim looking like this?  They put together amazing looking videos but my experience has not been anything like what is seen here (or in any of the marketing videos for that matter).....in fact I have recently disabled photogrammetry because of how bad it looks sometimes (ie pointy buildings, trees, etc)....

I was about to say with all the pop-ins and melties they couldnt hide in the video yeah It looks exactly like what I see. Im hypersensitized to all the faults, its like im not even treating it like a game and it can never be good enough. In comparison the Europe video seemed amazing to me, the USA being so familiar I guess im too critical of it. Just further evidence of my stink eye since I went too deep 😛

8 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

They really need to get the water masking done and in the sim.  I get that it's possible these videos were cut a long while ago with a WIP build, but it feels a little disingenuous to still be showing it in these videos two months after launch.

Check out Eleuthera in the Bahamas to get an idea of what water masking looks like in game on your computer, they do have it, just not much.

Really sad to see no mention of Hawaii. It's one of America's famous tourist destinations. Sigh.

• Upvote 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 hours ago, espent said:

They didn't say North America though - they said USA would get an update.

I just hope "USA" doesn't just mean lower 48.  Alaska needs some love.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Los Angeles looks really melty, same for Seattle.  The marketing videos are not representative of what I see in sim.  With a pretty high level PC and 200mbit fiber internet.

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

I am not sure the point of the video,,I think its just advertising for people who havent played the game already? And I say that cause it doenst point out anything as new or improved and we all know those places exist since we have the game, So makes me think advertisement,

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, AmeliaCat said:

I am not sure the point of the video,,I think its just advertising for people who havent played the game already? And I say that cause it doenst point out anything as new or improved and we all know those places exist since we have the game, So makes me think advertisement,

Yes, it's marketing.  To show off how nice the world in the sim looks, and how many beautiful places there are to explore.

YAY Go Canada !!,

NA Looks awesome 

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

6 hours ago, captain420 said:

Really sad to see no mention of Hawaii. It's one of America's famous tourist destinations. Sigh.

Yes, specially the blue waters and coral reefs.

• Like 1

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.