Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

QW787 for MSFS has been announced!

1 hour ago, airlinejets said:

Your math is wrong.

The estimated numbers of sales also have at least one extra decimal point too though, so... 🙂

Pretty sure that if they really thought they could sell 200,000 copies, PMDG wouldn't just quietly wait 12+ months to release!

1 hour ago, airlinejets said:

Your math is wrong.

Or as we say in England, maths

CJ

1 hour ago, honanhal said:

Pretty sure that if they really thought they could sell 200,000 copies, PMDG wouldn't just quietly wait 12+ months to release!

The reason PMDG can charge what they charge is because you know when you buy one of their addons, you're getting as close as possible to the real thing without stepping up to pro-level (and price) sims. As such, I highly doubt they'd push a half baked release just because they could sell more, because that would kill brand confidence and their next release wouldn't do nearly as well.

On 10/29/2020 at 5:23 AM, omarsmak30 said:

- Microsoft if not mistaken confirmed over one million copy being sold, so if we just take 20% of these whom would be really interested to spend more on airliners, that would be around 200,000 copies.

- Let's QW would reduce the price to 70$ because of the user base and hence 70$ * 200,000 = 1,400,000$.....

It'd be 14 mil, for 200K copies at $70.

If addon Planes made that kind of money, I think we'd have 100 payware airliner developers trying get a piece of those millions, instead of the small few we actually have.

The addon market can't be anywhere near that large, more likely due to the fact so many addon devs are part time is its likely closer to 2-3%. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffLewis4 said:

The addon market can't be anywhere near that large, more likely due to the fact so many addon devs are part time is its likely closer to 2-3%. 

Yeah, the problem with his 20% idea is that there's a numbers difference between people who are *interested* in buying expensive flight simulator addons and the people who can *afford* to do it. Especially in the current economy, I guarantee there are a number of people out there who would love to buy a PMDG plane or three, but who can't afford it.

We are in the 2quarter of 2021 and they said it would be released around this time.

any news ??

cheers 

mike

7 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

We are in the 2quarter of 2021 and they said it would be released around this time.

any news ??

cheers 

mike

It's probably delayed.  They are probably figuring a few things out with the SDK.  But with the release of the CRJ and with the comments from PMDG, the SDK should have almost everything Quality Wings needs.

The CRJ was estimated to be released as early as December of 2020 as well by Aerosoft but it wasn't released until March of 2021.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I think many dev are waiting for the more multithreaded SDK for glass cockpit. The next beta is supposed to address some of it. 

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I don't belive it will be Q2 2021..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

It's probably delayed.  They are probably figuring a few things out with the SDK.  But with the release of the CRJ and with the comments from PMDG, the SDK should have almost everything Quality Wings needs.

The CRJ was estimated to be released as early as December of 2020 as well by Aerosoft but it wasn't released until March of 2021.

Looking forward to it.

even with the update of 5.2 on P3d I am like meh. 
i have. Not  made the leap to msfs yet.

As I am waiting upon the qw 787 arrive.

I am hoping once I port over I am blown away.

cheers 

mike

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

I don't belive it will be Q2 2021..

cheers 😉

We also didn't think PMDG would get something released so quickly but I tend to agree we should have seen/heard something by now if it was Q2 LOL  Let's hope for any Q 2021 🙂 

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

4 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

I think many dev are waiting for the more multithreaded SDK for glass cockpit. The next beta is supposed to address some of it. 

Ooo didn't realize that was coming.  That would be a welcome addition.  I always have a bunch of half or totally idle cores.  Would be great to have something like that to not only increase performance but hopefully allow turning the glass refresh rate up as well.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro