Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

QW787 for MSFS has been announced!

All I hope is that the MSFS variant will also include the "jump ahead" feature.

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Maybe they will implement a "jump back" feature.....just in case users want to return to P3D! :laugh:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 hours ago, tweekz said:

They're planning on releasing before PMDG? Ambitious goal.

I think more likely due to QW  being less complex than PMDG. Those extras that PMDG provides like system failures etc, etc are probably more heavily reliant on the missing SDK details than maybe what QW features.

Since I bought the Super Duper version of MSFS largely for two aeroplanes (the F152A and the B787), but have not used that included default 787 much owing to it being a bit cack, I'll be happy to throw a few quid at QW for a decent version of the Screamliner for MSFS. 

In recent years, QW has impressed me with some very generous and enlightened pricing policies and some great add-ons. That was why I was happy to buy their 787 for FSX and P3D, and just to show that a decent and fair developer gets good karma, I'll buy it a third time when they get it out for MSFS. It is one of the most fun aeroplanes you can get for P3D, being complex enough to please, yet not so complex to have them demanding you take out a second mortgage to be able to buy the thing.

Bring it on QW. Quite a lot of developers could learn a thing or two from you guys. 🙂

• Like 13
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

As long as it doesn't wobble around like the default A320 at flare, I'll definitely buy it. 😄

Same for the Aerosoft CRJ.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

The QW787 for me is one of the most enjoyable payware aircraft I have.

It's not fully developed systems-wise like a PMDG aircraft is. Yet, in terms of accessibility for a lot of people flying normal ops (both level of systems depth and price point), I think it's great.
Other than the visuals, what I like are the interactive checklists, moving map, EFB, HUD, jump-ahead feature, interactive flight deck and cabin crew announcements. Plus it flies rather well without bogging down PC performance.

How I interact with the aircraft, and what I see when flying it, matters.
If they can develop it to the same standard or better than what they have achieved in P3D, I won't hesitate to pick it up.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

20 hours ago, OSM said:

Well, the majority of "ferrari" owners when buying new model know what level of quality MUST be and how much this quality cost. 😃

P.S. I have PMDG 737 and 777 and I will not buy any of them for FS2020. I definitely want to have different airplane and new flight experience.

The majority of Ferrari owners want a Ferrari so they can say they own a Ferrari. If they were serious about performance and quality they'd get a McLaren. 😉

19 hours ago, Ilari Kousa said:

.. not to mention the next new airplane from PMDG is probably a 787.. so potentially three different 787s...

Have they said that somewhere or is that just speculation?  Personally I'm hoping they do a 727 at some point. No one's done a good one, and it'd be a great plane to have in the hangar.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Ilari Kousa said:

.. not to mention the next new airplane from PMDG is probably a 787.. so potentially three different 787s...

The next type he mention could also be the 777-200ER. It's the one everyone has been asking for and falls in line with the 777 update. You can see the ER version in the screen shot from the 26 Oct announcement. Did they ever come out and say they were making the ER prior to this post?

begun work on a new airplane type… the <manufacturer deleted> <model number deleted> that you have always asked us to create… 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Great to here this! Especially for our commercial jet friends!

A big boost for this platform and helping to calm the critics who doubted continual improvements and the addition of Tier One aircraft.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

1 hour ago, eslader said:

The majority of Ferrari owners want a Ferrari so they can say they own a Ferrari. If they were serious about performance and quality they'd get a McLaren. 😉

I didn't say Ferrari, I said "ferrari", similar like are saying "jet" but I really hope FS2020 Sky will open new era for a "mclaren" level. 😄

So I have been wondering about how much 3PD would make out of high fidelity aircrafts like QW787, so here is the breakdown:

- Microsoft if not mistaken confirmed over one million copy being sold, so if we just take 20% of these whom would be really interested to spend more on airliners, that would be around 200,000 copies.

- Let's QW would reduce the price to 70$ because of the user base and hence 70$ * 200,000 = 1,400,000$

- Let's take PMDG, I would assume PMDG would sell their NG3 around 90$, this would be 90$ * 200,000 = 1,800,000$

- Let't take FSLabs, I would assume they would sell their A320 around 100$ (the same price for their FSX version), 100$ * 200,000 = 2,000,000$

Of course these numbers above includes VAT and some other expenses, for example Microsoft take from the Marketplace, hence if you subtract these expenses, still good for 3PD. However I am not really sure if these numbers numbers make sense but honestly, I don't think it would take PMDG and FSLabs long to push for MSFS development if they really want to make money.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I think the 20% figure is a huge way out. I would be surprised if more than 5% of non-game pass owners buy any DLC at all. Most of those million sold will be game pass 'owners'. In this case the game already has a 787 which by one means or another will get better and better. I would be expect 1000 sales tops of a $70 add on 787. This equates to $70,000 in sales which is pretty good if the company selling the product is made up of people working in the project in their spare time and have full time jobs elsewhere. 

CJ

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

So I have been wondering about how much 3PD would make out of high fidelity aircrafts like QW787, so here is the breakdown:

- Microsoft if not mistaken confirmed over one million copy being sold, so if we just take 20% of these whom would be really interested to spend more on airliners, that would be around 200,000 copies.

- Let's QW would reduce the price to 70$ because of the user base and hence 70$ * 200,000 = 1,400,000$

- Let's take PMDG, I would assume PMDG would sell their NG3 around 90$, this would be 90$ * 200,000 = 1,800,000$

- Let't take FSLabs, I would assume they would sell their A320 around 100$ (the same price for their FSX version), 100$ * 200,000 = 2,000,000$

Of course these numbers above includes VAT and some other expenses, for example Microsoft take from the Marketplace, hence if you subtract these expenses, still good for 3PD. However I am not really sure if these numbers numbers make sense but honestly, I don't think it would take PMDG and FSLabs long to push for MSFS development if they really want to make money.

except, I think your 20% is more like 2-4% at best when you consider the type of person buying this.   A simple look at the things most voted on the official forums would put your 20% figure off by a major margin.  You also do not include all the costs to develop.. the final return figure is useless unless you know the costs as the only important figure is ROI.. not sale value.

Graham

EDIT.. sorry @CJ1045  same thing.. our replies crossed 😉

Edited by Moria15
  • Upvote 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

As I said, I might be wrong, but we will know when the first airliner comes to MSFS, but even with 2%, I think is not bad. But let's see how is it going to be played out.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

3 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Your math is wrong.