Sign in to follow this  
kt069

Another Perfect Video of MSFS

Those reflections on the underside of the fuselage @11:07 😲

Very well done on the editing of the entire video! 

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

That his voice, really a pro, makes you want to play the video multiple times!

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Just now, Victoroos said:

even when I fly on vatsim? 🙂

Not yet for VATSİM aircraft but will be...All in he thread.

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

I want to note that in addition to the Simmers and Gamers we have a new type - XBoxers. And that's how they fly 😃

P.S. One day we will see how XBoxer flies PMDG aircraft at VATSIM! 😄😄😄

Edited by OSM

Great video. Can you please post your flight plan. I'd like to fly it in the TBM 930.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Outstanding vid.....I'm sorry but I can't get onboard (pun intended) with those so dead-set against this sim when you see footage like this and know its only months old.

To me, it only proves they can't come to grips with what will eventually be, and any reference to how much better previous flightsims are because they still are the only holder of the golden airliner key is completely moot

When reality sets in and their beloved devs, still stuck in the thimble-sized customer market, finally get the tools they need to offer their software in the ocean that is the MSFS market, I don't think there will be any question to where the development dollars will go.  I won't speculate and only time will tell (to concede the fact that the SDK "may" be fully baked one day...not "when"), but to me it seems logical that a dev would want to sell his wares in an ocean vs a thimble don't cha' think?

In the vid...when he put the "Crickets" sound bite in there when the baggage truck is pushing bags thru the plane, completely mis-aligned...was a perfect comedic punchline, hehe.  Yep...the sim is not perfect...no doubt, and we can only hope it moves towards that in the future. 🙂

Ultimately I don't care what people use - this is a hobby, and if P3D or XP float your boat, then great. Enjoy yourself.  Some people have their "perfect" setup, configured just the way they like it with all of their payware and freeware, and that's cool.  Fly what you like - why would I care?

With that obligatory throat-clearing out of the way, I agree 100%.  I think a lot of people are straining and rushing to try and bury MSFS, for a variety of reasons - they see it as a threat to their sim, or the ongoing creation of add-ons for their sim, or to their business model (in the case of 3PDs), or they have a lingering dislike for Microsoft, or something else.  Some of this was fueled by obnoxious gravedigging for the other sims (and add-ons in general) by over-hyped fans over the last 12 months, though I think the people who cite that quietly ignore that there was similar counter-effort by some people to downplay MSFS and declare it another Microsoft Flight.

P3D and XP are both sims that have been iterating upon an established foundation for years now.  MSFS is a largely nascent foundation, that borrows a few bones from the skeleton of FSX.  I think some people weren't realistic enough in understanding that there would be a period of "growing pains" to what Asobo were trying to deliver right out of the gate.  That doesn't "forgive" charging for a product that wasn't really finished and thoroughly QA'd at launch, but it does contextualize things more.

As someone who actually has paid close attention to how Microsoft's Xbox division has changed over the years (as opposed to a lot of people here who suddenly sat up at E3 last year when MSFS was announced), I have complete confidence that Asobo will finish the SDK, and MSFS itself will be receiving years of updates.  This kind of ongoing support is a big piece of their business plan in the era of Game Pass, and fueling ongoing engagement with their software.  They care far less about how many "copies" they sell, than they do with how many "players" they have.  You can see this in Asobo's own replies - they have no doubts about the commitment to continuing work on the sim for years to come.  And I don't doubt Asobo's enthusiasm and dedication to making MSFS the best SIMULATOR it can be.

MSFS is modern software built-for and extensible-using modern tools and techniques.  This is why you see all of the major third-parties still bullish and excited about it as the future of the hobby, despite their diplomatic frustration with the incomplete state of the SDK.  XP and P3D are ironically a lot like Windows, in that they have a mountain of technical debt they are carrying around, aging codebases, and expectations of long legacy support for existing add-ons and whatnot - and on top of that, they also don't have nearly the manpower and resources behind them.  P3D is an entertainment product is basically a grey market, not a super-serious business for LM.

Personally, my prediction is the same it's been for months:  MSFS will slowly get better over the next few months, and you'll continue to see people quietly migrate over.  Then the 3PD tubeliners and whatnot will come, and you'll see even more people quietly migrate over - including some of the people loudly saying they won't move over now.

We aren't there yet, so you'll continue to get condescending posts about how it's a "scenery simulator" for babies, or Microsoft "really" just wanted an Xbox game, or they are gonna get bored and walk away in a few months, etc. etc. etc.  I can live with that, because it really exposes their insecurity about their platform of choice, more than it gives me any pause.

• Like 3

I agree, why does it always have to be this or that. Use what sim you like, and I'll use what I like. It doesn't need to be competition. 

I've used Microsoft's Flightsims since 98. I got P3DV4 when that came out and it replaced FSX for me. I tried X-Plane, it just wasn't for me.

MSFS has replaced P3D for me. Yes it does have all the addons or scenery yet, but that's just the nature of a new product.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

Very nice vid. Well done 👍

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

26 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

I think a lot of people are straining and rushing to try and bury MSFS

....the last gasp of breath. The market for PMDG and FSLabs is shrinking rapidly. 

32 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

Ultimately I don't care what people use - this is a hobby, and if P3D or XP float your boat, then great. Enjoy yourself.  Some people have their "perfect" setup, configured just the way they like it with all of their payware and freeware, and that's cool.  Fly what you like - why would I care?

With that obligatory throat-clearing out of the way, I agree 100%.  I think a lot of people are straining and rushing to try and bury MSFS, for a variety of reasons - they see it as a threat to their sim, or the ongoing creation of add-ons for their sim, or to their business model (in the case of 3PDs), or they have a lingering dislike for Microsoft, or something else.  Some of this was fueled by obnoxious gravedigging for the other sims (and add-ons in general) by over-hyped fans over the last 12 months, though I think the people who cite that quietly ignore that there was similar counter-effort by some people to downplay MSFS and declare it another Microsoft Flight.

P3D and XP are both sims that have been iterating upon an established foundation for years now.  MSFS is a largely nascent foundation, that borrows a few bones from the skeleton of FSX.  I think some people weren't realistic enough in understanding that there would be a period of "growing pains" to what Asobo were trying to deliver right out of the gate.  That doesn't "forgive" charging for a product that wasn't really finished and thoroughly QA'd at launch, but it does contextualize things more.

As someone who actually has paid close attention to how Microsoft's Xbox division has changed over the years (as opposed to a lot of people here who suddenly sat up at E3 last year when MSFS was announced), I have complete confidence that Asobo will finish the SDK, and MSFS itself will be receiving years of updates.  This kind of ongoing support is a big piece of their business plan in the era of Game Pass, and fueling ongoing engagement with their software.  They care far less about how many "copies" they sell, than they do with how many "players" they have.  You can see this in Asobo's own replies - they have no doubts about the commitment to continuing work on the sim for years to come.  And I don't doubt Asobo's enthusiasm and dedication to making MSFS the best SIMULATOR it can be.

MSFS is modern software built-for and extensible-using modern tools and techniques.  This is why you see all of the major third-parties still bullish and excited about it as the future of the hobby, despite their diplomatic frustration with the incomplete state of the SDK.  XP and P3D are ironically a lot like Windows, in that they have a mountain of technical debt they are carrying around, aging codebases, and expectations of long legacy support for existing add-ons and whatnot - and on top of that, they also don't have nearly the manpower and resources behind them.  P3D is an entertainment product is basically a grey market, not a super-serious business for LM.

Personally, my prediction is the same it's been for months:  MSFS will slowly get better over the next few months, and you'll continue to see people quietly migrate over.  Then the 3PD tubeliners and whatnot will come, and you'll see even more people quietly migrate over - including some of the people loudly saying they won't move over now.

We aren't there yet, so you'll continue to get condescending posts about how it's a "scenery simulator" for babies, or Microsoft "really" just wanted an Xbox game, or they are gonna get bored and walk away in a few months, etc. etc. etc.  I can live with that, because it really exposes their insecurity about their platform of choice, more than it gives me any pause.

I think some may be overlooking that it’s not just long time simmers that frequent these forums to discuss this product. There are at least some that are new or getting back into simming after a long hiatus. We’re not really interested in how it compares to other sims... we know this is the future. We simply want a good sim experience using the latest tech. And many like me are disappointed that it’s not a suitable IFR sim experience. The ATC, aircraft systems, SDK, and AP and even flight dynamics and weather/METAR need some work. And we wonder how long we are going to need to wait before it becomes a good IFR simulator. A few months? A few years? I’m guessing at least a year. For someone who’s been simming for decades a year is nothing. For someone who’s just getting into it and trying to figure out at what point it makes sense to invest a ton of time to learn proper ATC interaction, flight systems, navigation, etc with this sim, the wait is painful. 

ps. Great Video. Almost like the BBC produced it!

Edited by Virtual-Chris

Your entire post is spot on with my thoughts Scotto!

.....it's a "scenery simulator" for babies">............

Again, my mind takes me a funny movie line when I see your quote above (although in the movie, the opposite is true where the old tech is "for babies")

36 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

MSFS will slowly get better over the next few months, and you'll continue to see people quietly migrate over.  Then the 3PD tubeliners and whatnot will come, and you'll see even more people quietly migrate over - including some of the people loudly saying they won't move over now.

And I hope that when this starts happening, we'll all sincerely welcome them into the "family" without any snarky comments, quoted from posts they made many months before...We (MSFS) folks need to completely resist any urges in that matter....it never turns out well. 😉

Edited by Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg