Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

MS FS 2020 Update # 5 Now Available

1 minute ago, RaptyrOne said:

I have CH Products Toke, quad and pedals and no CTD, so it is a strange one for sure. BUT you should not be using CH Control Manager.

I could never get it to detect without it.  The newer CH yokes might work, but my Flight Sim Yoke wouldn't work right without it.

Installed fine, store version and no CTD with my peripherals (TM Hotas stick and throttle, Saitek rudder pedals). 

FPS about the same. The problems I've noticed since two updates ago with trees popping into view near the plane and blurred textures are still here, but it looks like they did increase the texture resolution at least a bit in the middle distance. Still not like what I remember from the Alpha or first release, so I hope they're still working on this.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

2 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

So the problem is, MSFS will try to interface with your peripherals on loading the game.  That's where the bug is.

Remember in the future, this is how you debug software 🙂

I'm going to now try yoke alone. Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

NO CTD on my side upon loading. Carenado Money electric trim and yoke hide inop. Also CTD when I'm trying to change course

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, RobJC said:

Is anyone able to fly without CTD with the store version?

Yes but ive only flown the Cessna Jets. Was waiting on feedback before jumping into the Default Neo.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Is there a list of known crashy usb peripherals yet?  

I'm still trying to get the download started in the MS store so I can't test mine yet.

I think is safe for me to conclude that they broke my beautifully working sim. All I can hope is that my controllers work.

19 minutes ago, captain420 said:

What problem did you have in Korea and what changes did they do in order to make it better? I haven't flown there much but am curious to try.

Every time I tried to spawn into Seoul International Airport or fly close to it, I would CTD. I submitted a bug report the other night and today they sent me an email response saying they hoped that the update fixed it.

Everything looks more crisp which probably due to the AA fix, and had a very smooth flight over Seoul.

• Like 1

CTD, can't reach the menu

Steam, nVidia 1070Ti

No addons, no mods. Community folder empty.

This sim is like a Zorba the Greek movie, what a beautiful disaster 😞

EDIT: I disconnected all my peripherals and it started.

Edited by Steku

21 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I'll disconnect everything, but I do not see the point since I will need my usb peripherals.

Update: Sim loaded.

plug them in after the sim loads maybe ?

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Good news. The sim loaded with just the Honeycomb Alpha yoke. I'll see if my pedals work.

• Like 3

I used the AddonLinker and delinked all my addon sceneries and all my liveries and managed to fly around a bit on the A320 Neo

Now, I need to start linking(adding) my addons one by one to figure out the offender

Before that I should just simply fly the default as is for a while. I still get the consistent CTD at KSEA. which I was getting earlier too. so I am going to ignore that specific CTD.

So I am no curious about folks who removed all the contents from Community folder. Hmmmm...

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Just now, Maxis said:

plug them in after the sim loads maybe ?

Trying one at a time. I have a feeling that the USB hub is the issue.

• Like 1