Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Update available 10/31/20

2 hours ago, roi1862 said:

How do you know they planning to "fix" it in the next patch ? Or do something about it in general ?

Or that it needs fixing in the first place. I think this is in the realm of personal preference based on prior experience. 

Many people, and me for one, like it.

Steve Dra, I`m sure you are not a paid guy by Microsoft for shifting the attetntion to the graphics of MSFS.

But don`t you think one or two pictures are enough to show how great the water looks or the rocks? In nearly every page there are screenshots of yours, the topic in here is the update, I guess some people don`t have the motivation to filter out your screenshots.

Edited by BigDee
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Just so I understand the context of your screenshots in this thread, did the hot fix improve visuals for you, or something? I’m confused.

If you check my posts since the sim released, you'll see that the graphics have always been top-notch.

Previously I've been using nvidia's filters to bump it up even a little more than default. However with this release, the Sim looks as good if not better as it did with the Nvidia tweaks.

The quality of the graphics is very subjective, a lot of it is situational when you happen to catch just the right time, the right atmospherics, the right angle, etc.

Generally speaking the Sim never stops impressing me graphically speaking. And I have a old Titan Maxwell, which I hear is not as fast as a 1070. Just to put that in perspective

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Sim is moving in the right direction. Just did a flight from Grantly Adams to Princess Juliana in the default A320. Nice steady and completely automated till the last 500ft on the Rnav approach. Hopefully future patches are rolled out a little more seamlessly. The water is now very well done with wind effects and correct wave action , there were no obvious LOD issues and apart from the overdone lightning departing Grantly in the real weather the sim was pretty much almost back to how it was on release.

The default A320 just needs a little love on the flight dynamics to address the wing down just before TD as well as some lightning and overall weather cleanup and i would be content

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

12 minutes ago, BigDee said:

Steve Dra, I`m sure you are not a paid guy by Microsoft for shifting the attetntion to the graphics of MSFS.

But don`t you think one or two pictures are enough to show how great the water looks or the rocks? In nearly every page there are screenshots of yours, the topic in here is the update, I guess some people don`t have the motivation to filter out your screenshots.

Agree...just an excited simmer with an overactive shutter finger. 🙂

Enough screens though I concur....Sincerely hope everyone can enjoy the sim as much as I am!

Call screenshots to me akin to the old Lays Potato Chip ad (well..in my case, its 1,2,3,4,5. etc) 🤣

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

20 minutes ago, BigDee said:

In nearly every page there are screenshots of yours, the topic in here is the update, I guess some people don`t have the motivation to filter out your screenshots.

A good point.  I've been making screenshot threads for my flights in the specific screenshot section of these forums based on the Screenshot Rules here - https://www.avsim.com/AVSIM Pages/screen_shot_rules.html/

Images posted to AVSIM must conform to these rules.

• Images must be posted in the AVSIM Screen Shot Forum or the Real Aviation Photos Forum.
  • Images are not allowed in other AVSIM forums unless the image is required to show a problem you are having or images of configuration settings. Non-flight simulation images can be linked in the Hangar Chat Forum if required to show or emphasize the title of the topic. Anything related to Flight Simulation or Real Aviation will be moved to the appropriate Screen Shot Forum.
  • Images posted in topics that are actually screenshots to show off an aircraft or scenery will be split from the topic and moved to the appropriate Screen Shot Forum.

I'd be curious if the expectation is that these rules still apply here in the MSFS forum.

• Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

17 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

A good point.  I've been making screenshot threads for my flights in the specific screenshot section of these forums based on the Screenshot Rules here - https://www.avsim.com/AVSIM Pages/screen_shot_rules.html/

I'd be curious if the expectation is that these rules still apply here in the MSFS forum.

They do, and I've been bending them probably about as far as the mods will let me. 😉

But rules or not, I'm simply just an over-excited 59 year-old kid who happens to have a knack for posting pics, who wants to share his enthusiasm with my simming brethren. I've clearly posted more than I should have to make my initial point(s), but I'm one who can only read so much before hoping for a random screen that punctuates the intent of the thread vs dragging my poor retinas, damaged from years of absorbing virtual paint fumes from my "other" hobby, across mountains of black text on a white background. 🙂

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 7

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I can understand your euphory, but it would be rather interesting to read on-topic posts. Thanks for your acknowledge.

2 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

vs dragging my poor retinas, damaged from years of absorbing virtual paint fumes from my "other" hobby,

Ah yes, the way to look forward of getting old (ironically said).

Edited by BigDee

Returning to the subject of the 'Hotfix' 1.10.8.0. Has anyone else had difficulty actually getting it?! For me starting the sim and getting the customary 'Update Available' pop up etc. etc. results in nada.Apart from the now familiar CTD.

I've trawled through every option on the Microsoft Store, Clicked 'Updates' only to be told 'You're good to go'. The version on the store shows as  1.10.7.0 so I'm patently NOT good to bloody go!

Can you feel the frustration creeping in?

😣

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

3 minutes ago, BigDee said:

I can understand your euphory, but it would be rather interesting to read on-topic posts. Thanks for your acknowledge.

Ah yes, the way to look forward of getting old (ironically said).

Yeah...I surely went off the reservation with those Navy ship pics. 😞

It wasn't my fault though! @wthomas33065 started it when he revealed he was a silly Bubblehead! (for the uninitiated and lacking deep knowledge of Naval terminology and fokelore)...well....I could go on but then this very post would turn into the very type you called me out on. 😉

Anyway, four those just interested in that topic, google Bubblehead submariner, ASW, SH3, etc if you want to know more why we are arch-rivals. 😉

I'm going back to my sim and flying. 🙂 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

9 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Returning to the subject of the 'Hotfix' 1.10.8.0. Has anyone else had difficulty actually getting it?! For me starting the sim and getting the customary 'Update Available' pop up etc. etc. results in nada.Apart from the now familiar CTD.

I've trawled through every option on the Microsoft Store, Clicked 'Updates' only to be told 'You're good to go'. The version on the store shows as  1.10.7.0 so I'm patently NOT good to bloody go!

😣

Were you able to get the sim to start when you plugged out all the peripherals when patch 5 came out ? or you ctd even when everything is plugged out ?

If youre using the MS store version i think you may want to see if you can start the sim and get it to pull up the store (at that point you should see what looks like a play icon (do not click the launch game button from within the ms store).

What may be happening is that the sim ctd before even bringing up the MS store.

Oh and as Mr Drabek stated in the post below the sim will not download anything else but the 900mb thats in the store.

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

3 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

😣

Hey Ron,

This "sub"patch (or is it a re-patch?) is different than any other before it.  I did the same thing you did, but after updating with the 900mb (or so) "patch"...there was no "Please select your default MSFS folder", then the long wait while it unpacked gigs of data....the sim was literally ready to go once I restarted it.

Not sure why it didn't tick the update number for you.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 hours ago, guibru said:

Correct 1.10.8.0

Still CTD for me. I may need to do full reinstall then. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Was just wondering on thoughts of the new flight modeling for the 152, 172 and TBM?  I can't really tell if there's a difference, but I haven't taken them through the ringer, anyone noticed anything?

6 minutes ago, slashed2 said:

Was just wondering on thoughts of the new flight modeling for the 152, 172 and TBM?  I can't really tell if there's a difference, but I haven't taken them through the ringer, anyone noticed anything?

Been putting around in the 172, seems "different" than before.  Now, I had some custom settings for my controls to smooth out previous version's oddities set, but have not looked at them yet to review after the new update.

Seems to fly believably, but one thing I noticed (that will probably be addressed when I go and re-tweak my control settings) is that I seem to loose some elevator authority as I'm just getting ready to flare for landing....causing some embarrassing plops on to the runway.  Other than that...the controls seem a little less twitchy and more "solid" for lack of better words.

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg