Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Anyone seeing this in the oceans?

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Yes it does and I suspect that willing to add some dynamic to this effect   would tax our computers a bit too much and is not a priority

Agreed. You probably wouldn’t notice it anyway. Actually, I‘ve never even bothered to think about whether it‘s dynamic or not. Even it it were static, it effectively creates the illusion of a dynamic sea, that’s sufficient for me personally. 

• Like 4

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

7 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Agreed. You probably wouldn’t notice it anyway. Actually, I‘ve never even bothered to think about whether it‘s dynamic or not. Even it it were static, it effectively creates the illusion of a dynamic sea, that’s sufficient for me personally. 

Agreed.  It almost looked like it did move, but of course I was moving.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

3 hours ago, FrankR409 said:

It almost looked like it did move, but of course I was moving.

It’s all relative... 😃

here we go again focusing on the water in a flight simulator ...

• Upvote 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

35 minutes ago, rtodepart said:

here we go again focusing on the water in a flight simulator ...

Here we go again, a simmer with no clue about the importance of water in a flight simulator.

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

That's one of the first things I noticed, and it's amazing! If you've ever flown over flat open water in real life, that's exactly what it looks like. Asobo did an amazing job with this!

• Like 1

On 11/5/2020 at 5:40 PM, Dillon said:

Guys, this effect moves in the real world.  It's not static like what we have in the sim...

Sure it moves, water moves. But how fast? It's a feature of flat water. And you're flying over it at a few hundred miles an hour. Do you think you'd notice if it was moving at 10-20 MPH? Nah. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Here we go again, a simmer with no clue about the importance of water in a flight simulator.

You know what Dominique  in the real world I understand what’s important or not but Please explains to me during the day or night  in a home (((flight simulator ))) <<<<< Remember that part why is this specific detail so important. Go ahead type a few pages and try to explained ill give you a chance.

actually ill give you the only detail i REALLY care about water : as long as a seaplane behavior is close to realistic thats what i care about but to get into details I rather not even go there since I myself can’t come up with a better looking water/ocean simulation or whatever you want to call it . 

Asobo comes in see's 59 pages of another detail in the Water and Makes a change for the next update and MAKES THE WATER WRONG FOR SOME AGAIN and here we go on to another 53 New threads about how (ASOBO CANT DO ANYTHING RIGHT THEY MADE THE WATER WORSE ) 

Edited by rtodepart
  • Like 2

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I'm really glad I was made aware of this very bad problem. Now I won't be able to sleep....again.

• Upvote 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

16 hours ago, rtodepart said:

You know what Dominique  in the real world I understand what’s important or not but Please explains to me during the day or night  in a home (((flight simulator ))) <<<<< Remember that part why is this specific detail so important. 

My post answering you  was not about water

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

This is a picture i took yesterday when hiking on the Apuan Alps here in Tuscany. You can see the same thing happening in the water, and further away there is a bit zone where there is no wind or currents and the surface is even smoother. This is perfectly normal, and it happens all the time.

UJ31xYc.jpg

• Like 3

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Can´t really believe some of the topics here. This adds realism to the water and it´s a pretty good simulation of  the sea from above. "It doesn´t move" sounds like a poor excuse once the "bug hunting" did not go very well.

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

Another vote for it looking good and doesn't need changing. Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but the different water textures are also due to the way the wind blows. So it's both currents, water temp, and wind effect.

• Like 3

On 11/7/2020 at 2:37 AM, Dominique_K said:

I would say, as someone who spends like 80% of my time, at least, flying over water, that it's hugely important. It is one of the things I think they did a superb job with. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1