Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Update #6 (1.10.11.0) is now live!

Mine installed a 1.4gb update from going straight into the sim, do you think I should go back too the store and do the update there as well?

I start the sim, the sim closes and update on microsoft store starts, then it starts the sim again and stays in window mode for the REAL update, using like 90% GPU even if it's just updating, so I can't use my pc for another game while waiting. Really clever use of resources bugsobo...

Edited by EmaRacing

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

12 minutes ago, skysurfer said:

Hello. 
Question for those who has Microsoft Store version. How do guys install updates? Do you run the sim and just follow onscreen instructions or you go straight to the Store and download it from there without starting the sim? Every time I start the sim and if new upside available and I follow onscreen instructions I usually get error message and after that update is screwed. I usually end up reinstalling the whole sim. Thanks 

never had any install issues here

- launch sim, it says there's a mandatory update

- click ok, sim closes and goes to windows store to download

- when store download has finished i press play

- sim launches to download the rest

easy peasy!! 🙂

Edited by UKflyer
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, leprechaunlive said:

word not allowed, on the patch note it said 3rd party messed up cocpit interactions would be fixed...:

Download and install without problem. Started at Lowi in the TBM. Taxing very hectic. But worse, AP cannot be activated. Button does not accept any clicks. Well, ...

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Smooth install here, and it seems my goto aircraft, FBW A320NX, is good to go.

Now if only I didn't have to work!!

• Like 1

Albert

i7-9700KF; RTX 2070 Super; Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S, 32gb G Skill 3600;
2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

35 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I personally would have quit it and restarted Windows, but that is me.

Thanks, I did this and when I restarted it downloaded 6.5gb and all seems to be working.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 minutes ago, DAD said:

Download and install without problem. Started at Lowi in the TBM. Taxing very hectic. But worse, AP cannot be activated. Button does not accept any clicks. Well, ...

Is the ap switch over head set to on? 

• Like 1

The stock CT182 still has opposing wind directions in PFD vs MFD. Shoot. 

Yoke removal in CT182 and Mooney fixed !

Edited by Eclex
new info
  • Like 1

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

19 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I visit the game's page on the Microsoft Store, and after a few seconds the download begins automatically. Then I launch the game from there and the installation manager kicks in after the update check is complete.

Thanks for help 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

I have MSFS on Steam.

It downloaded the usual 200mb patch, then i started the game and.. that's where i still am at. With the full screen Mount Fuji and nothing else happening.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

18 minutes ago, dsmbell said:

Mine installed a 1.4gb update from going straight into the sim, do you think I should go back too the store and do the update there as well?

Mine did the same thing on the last update, it never went to the store, did it all in the sim, and had no problems with it

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

never had any install issues here

- launch sim, it says there's a mandatory update

- click ok, sim closes and goes to windows store to download

- when store download has finished i press play

- sim launches to download the rest

easy peasy!! 🙂

That what I have been doing so far but I always get an error message when I ended up in the store. Things usually go south after that. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

1 minute ago, Pastaiolo said:

I have MSFS on Steam.

It downloaded the usual 200mb patch, then i started the game and.. that's where i still am at. With the full screen Mount Fuji and nothing else happening.

Mine did the same.

If you use MSI afterburner, make sure it is closed, the same if you have simlink, quit them.

After I quit them, the update started

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

1 minute ago, skysurfer said:

That what I have been doing so far but I always get an error message when I ended up in the store. Things usually go south after that. 

hmm what's the error message you get?