Sign in to follow this  
robert young

PREVIEW: DA62 complete Makeover

@aurel42, thx for pointing it - voted !

@cavaricooperit surely does a whole lot of a difference, and while there aren't any airliners at the level of detail of Aerowinx PSX, it's the way to go, although my interest on simulation of airliners has long come to an end - I like small aircraft, ww2 airbirds, gliders and helis 😁

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS canceled MS FLIGHT... (will never thrust them for flightims again...)

Respectfully, now that the patch has been released, when can we expect a release of the DA 62 mod? Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Respectfully, now that the patch has been released, when can we expect a release of the DA 62 mod? Thanks. 

You realize that the patch has been out less than 24 hours..  😉

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

10 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

You realize that the mod has been out less than 24 hours..  😉

The mod or the patch? 🙂

40 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

The mod or the patch? 🙂

Update #7

• Like 1

Bert

7 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

A few glitches to be sorted. I'm afraid it's later than I wanted. Just a few things to clear up.

• Like 10

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

20 minutes ago, robert young said:

A few glitches to be sorted. I'm afraid it's later than I wanted. Just a few things to clear up.

Take your time. There's no rush. Thanks for all you do.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, robert young said:

Take your time. 

If you need another beta tester, just let me know. Would be happy to help. 😁

The AP is morphing into a fully capable, reliable work load reducing version- that has no tendency to require seat sucking- in short- completely different from stock.

HAND FLYING THIS BEAUTY IS SPLENDID... here we are, feet above minimums, slipping into CYVR this evening. We are slightly to the right with the wind off the left. Left wing going down to correct, and a little opposite rudder going in... pitch in this aeroplane is fantastic- nothing squirly or unexpected- just precise attitude control... lovely to be in Canada tonight! @Bert Pieke can you see me waving? 🙂

C

BKWgazR.jpg

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 7

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

The DA62 makeover is now suspended until further notice. Asobo's "improvement" to the autopilot is a total disaster and has utterly ruined countless hours of careful development. Their autopilot "smoothing" has completely destroyed any possibility of over-riding yet another hard-coded update. ALL the MSFS aircraft now cannot arrive at a selecting heading without taking 10 times longer than they should to get there, because someone at Asobo decided to roll out of a heading-capture turn way too early, resulting in a painfully slow arrival at the desired heading. When I say painful I mean it! Over one minute just to move 5 degrees. Ridiculous!

• Like 5

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

3 minutes ago, robert young said:

The DA62 makeover is now suspended until further notice. Asobo's "improvement" to the autopilot is a total disaster and has utterly ruined countless hours of careful development. Their autopilot "smoothing" has completely destroyed any possibility of over-riding yet another hard-coded update. ALL the MSFS aircraft now cannot arrive at a selecting heading without taking 10 times longer than they should to get there, because someone at Asobo decided to roll out of a heading-capture turn way too early, resulting in a painfully slow arrival at the desired heading. When I say painful I mean it! Over one minute just to move 5 degrees. Ridiculous!

Sad to hear Robert, but completely understandable given the current state of the autopilot.

Clearly Asobo have gone in the wrong direction with the  latest update.

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

53 minutes ago, robert young said:

Do you think they can release a quick fix on that or will we have to wait end of december for a better AP?

Would it be helpful for you if we all report it on Zendesk?

1 minute ago, bendead said:

Do you think they can release a quick fix on that or will we have to wait end of december for a better AP?

Would it be helpful for you if we all report it on Zendesk?

Problem is I don't think they believe it needs fixing. They think it is an improvement. It's nice of you to offer but I am not convinced they take the slightest notice of Zendesk reports unless 1 million people all said the same thing!

I will still give it a shot, last time they took my request on manual cache seriously and they fixed a bit of it