Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

What's this?

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

At the moment all my FSDT products reside on a separate SSD where my P3D Addons live.  I hope there will be a simple migration process in place, to move those folders to my new MSFS Addons Folder when the time comes? Uninstalling, and reinstalling will be a bit cumbersome if I continue to add products at this rate :).

We always try to be the most efficient as possible, not wasting any of your precious ( and expensive ) fast SSD space, and since many of our products supports multiple simulators ( all version of FSX and all version of P3D ), we try to share files when possible, and to make the update process easy, we keep all FSDT products together, regardless which sim they run on, so if you use multiple simulators, you won't have to starts multiple updaters. Imagine if every developer that supports multiple simulators and has an updater would force you to start different updates for each version of the sim...at least you have only one updater to worry about, as far as we are concerned.

That's why we always suggest to install FSDT products in a "neutral" folder that doesn't have any specific relationship with the simulator. We don't prevent you from doing that, because users wants flexibility, which also means allowing them to do less than smart choices, like installing "inside" the simulator own folder. That's why we also don't install any files in the Community folder either, but instead put just a symbolic link to it, so you are free to install FSDT everywhere you find most convenient, even in MSFS, which doesn't have a P3D-like add-on.xml system. Note that this is anything strange, new or unusual, I believe even OrbX does a similar thing as well.

So, if you plan to stop using P3D in the future and want to switch to MSFS-only, and that folder dedicated to P3D addons doesn't look good to you, you can just uninstall everything, for both P3D and MSFS, and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" the Uninstaller does at the end.

If you do that, when you'll reinstall the first product, you'll be asked again for a new destination for all FSDT products, so all subsequent installs will go there.

If you a worrying about possible activation issues, please don't. Uninstalling\Reinstalling won't have any effect on Activation, it can be done an unlimited number of times, as long as you are on the same hardware and are not reinstalling Windows as well.

And even if you DO reinstall Windows, you can Deactivate your activation, either from the Addon Manager when the products are still active, or from the Self-Help site, when you no longer have access to the old system or the old Windows setup. And even if you *forget* to Deactivate, or you choose not to, you have 6 activations per order, so even when completely reinstalling a system, is basically impossible to have issues with the activation.

Instant buy and instant heaven. 😉
(Ottimo lavoro, come al solito, Umberto!!)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

3 hours ago, virtuali said:

That's why we always suggest to install FSDT products in a "neutral" folder that doesn't have any specific relationship with the simulator. We don't prevent you from doing that, because users wants flexibility, which also means allowing them to do less than smart choices, like installing "inside" the simulator own folder. That's why we also don't install any files in the Community folder either, but instead put just a symbolic link to it, so you are free to install FSDT everywhere you find most convenient, even in MSFS, which doesn't have a P3D-like add-on.xml system. Note that this is anything strange, new or unusual, I believe even OrbX does a similar thing as well.

Thanks for the detailed response.  I am hoping that as time goes on, capacity will exist for a single click "mover" program.... move ALL FSDT from one folder to another without the re-install.... that way, I can delete P3D stuff, and just move the pointer/hyperlink creator (if the FSDT Updater) is given the ability, one could just uninstall/reinstall that- and it would do the rest on the fly....

Anyway- I appreciate your talents and your fiscal wisdom... Tante bella cosa Umberto!

C

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

24 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Is this mod removed? Or renamed? I can no longer find it on nexus mods...

It was removed after being found to have pirated AIG content in it.

• Like 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

5 minutes ago, w6kd said:

It was removed after being found to have pirated AIG content in it.

The real sad part for us who liked the mod is that all that the dev had to do was ask for permission to use the flight plans.

Ask and you shall receive is still a good adage to remember.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.