Hi....

Shader folder deleted.

Windows 10 latest version.

Amd Driver Latest version.

Prepare3D.cfg?

W10 20H2?

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

4 minutes ago, yvjjflores said:

Windows 10 Ver 2004

Prepar3d.cfg no deleted after install...

Delete it.

You have this problem with several aircraft or just one?

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

1 hour ago, yvjjflores said:

Hello friends.

Today I have decided to update prepa3d from version 5.0 to 5.1 HF1. I updated the Client, Content and Scenery according to the LM indications.

However, I have the problem that I cannot start any flight with EA activated, because the simulator closes without any warning.

With EA off, no problem, everything works fine.

If someone experienced this problem, they would be very grateful for help in this regard according to their experience.

I found the following combination to crash Prepar3d5.1 HF1 without an error message within a minute. Completely fresh installation, all generated files deleted and only my ORBX collection added.

- Water on Maximum

- EA Checked

- One of the ORBX Region Sceneries (or even OpenLC) active

This is on my system - there may be other causes.

Try taking Water a notch back, maybe it helps. In my case it did the trick. May be the Triton Library is in conflict with something else. 

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Upgraded to P3Dv5.1 HF1 at the weekend and at the same time installed latest Nvidia driver and latest Windows update 2H20.

Followed the instructions to uninstall/re-instal each of the 3 main P3D components (Client, Content, Scenery). deleted Prepar3d.cfg and Shaders folder and ran the Sync Simulator for Orbx Global.

The only things I have tweaked in the sim were:

• I turned the Trueglass.dll off (.dll set to off)
  • Turned off EA since I have ASP3D and Rex Skyforce enabled.
  • I also had to turn off experimental versions for Chaseplane - there is a CP incompatibility being reported with the latest HF1 installed

Ran a 2.5 hr flight from LEMD to GCTS. and boy I was really impressed with the performance, smoothness and the depiction of the scenery. No CTDs.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

6 hours ago, pmb said:

I found the following combination to crash Prepar3d5.1 HF1 without an error message within a minute. Completely fresh installation, all generated files deleted and only my ORBX collection added.

- Water on Maximum

- EA Checked

- One of the ORBX Region Sceneries (or even OpenLC) active

This is on my system - there may be other causes.

Try taking Water a notch back, maybe it helps. In my case it did the trick. May be the Triton Library is in conflict with something else. 

Kind regards, Michael

Here :

Water at Max

EA checked

OpenLC active

Germany North/South

TE NL

No issues with my current 3090 or my former 2080 Ti. Sometimes when reading posts about CTD’s I am wondering if the AC being used in combination with certain settings is the cause. I use the Prosim 737-800 which instruments are running outside the Sim. That probably helps.

So your tip about the water is very helpfull for everyone experiencing the same issue 👍

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Here :

Water at Max

EA checked

OpenLC active

Germany North/South

TE NL

No issues with my current 3090 or my former 2080 Ti. Sometimes when reading posts about CTD’s I am wondering if the AC being used in combination with certain settings is the cause. I use the Prosim 737-800 which instruments are running outside the Sim. That probably helps.

So your tip about the water is very helpfull for everyone experiencing the same issue 👍

Aircraft has been the Default Mooney Bravo only. System as in the sig. Also running with a hardware panel driven via a networked machine and scenery only on the main display which should take some burden from the main sim. VRAM usage was below 4 GB.

But interesting to know you don't experience this, thus something else seems to factor in - whichever.

Kind regards, Michael 

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11