Sign in to follow this  
holliwutt

PREPAR3D V5.1 HOTFIX 1 NOW AVAILABLE

If I install the three components from scratch what happens to AIG AI that I've spent hours installing?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

8 hours ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

Do any of these addons work already with 5.1hf1, particularly pmdg, Leonardo, fslabs and Majestic? I want to make sure I don’t have 2 sims without complex airliners, even if it’s just for a short time 😎

Cheers,

Pete

The MJC Q400 will work 99% of the time after a version update unless LM changes something that may affect how the Q400 interacts with the SIM platform.  WE are still working on getting the CPAN back to full functionality, but it is not a show stopper for operating aircraft.  I did some testing this morning and everything gets a thumbs up. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Does Milviz' superb T38 work with 5.1HF1? Could be the perfect time to get it now.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

1 hour ago, BWBriscoe said:

If I install the three components from scratch what happens to AIG AI that I've spent hours installing?

Make your life easier, follow these instructions.  You will not lose anything in your main P3D directory if that is where you installed AIG.  Instructions are for P3D v4 but same for v5.

Edited by MarkW
  • Like 2

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

3 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

I uninstalled 5.0 entirely. All of my AIG stuff was in my addon scenery folder.

After I ran 5.1 once and shut it down I just ran the AIG manager and it fixed everything right up. No fuss. No muss. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I just updated. I updated client, content, and scenery (I ALWAYS update all 3). Everything went smooth and everything seems to addressed. This was a good hotfix.

11 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Quick test....still on MARS. very Orange/Red. 

It is a little confusing they do so less about the visible eye candy stuff. It is if the DEV has a fable for ugly 😉

I noticed it is worse with the more clouds you have. If you use the "fair weather" theme or the "clear skies" theme the very red/orange skies are not that bad. I guess this will be completely fixed with v5.2?

13 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

You weren't a general in WW1 were you? Forward men, into the battle. Let me know how you get on. I'll be in the Officer's Mess.

LOL.  Too funny. Actually you wouldn't want my feedback.  I'm not very technically savvy so you'd be hard press to find anything resourceful for me.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

This version finally made me jump to 5.1, from 4.5hf3. I had bought a new PC this fall due to MSFS2020, and never installed 4.5 on that. After being stuck with MSFS2020 and A320 mod for some time which honestly is very buggy, I came to miss P3D and all it has to offer, as I have a lot of investments in add-ons for that platform already - namely PMDG aircraft, Activesky (real weather as opposed to MSFS weather being not so real), add-on airports, GSX ,PSXseecontraffic etc. 

First flights in 5.1 HF1, and I'm very impressed. Think the lighting was very good at default - not at MSFS2020  level, but more than enough to enjoy. Better frames, less stuttering also than MSFS2020. Now I think I will move back to flying main time on P3D, leaving MSFS2020 for a while until PMDG get their ac released for that platform whenever that will be. 

Edited by vhaaland

46 minutes ago, vhaaland said:

This version finally made me jump to 5.1, from 4.5hf3. I had bought a new PC this fall due to MSFS2020, and never installed 4.5 on that. After being stuck with MSFS2020 and A320 mod for some time which honestly is very buggy, I came to miss P3D and all it has to offer, as I have a lot of investments in add-ons for that platform already - namely PMDG aircraft, Activesky (real weather as opposed to MSFS weather being not so real), add-on airports, GSX ,PSXseecontraffic etc. 

First flights in 5.1 HF1, and I'm very impressed. Think the lighting was very good at default - not at MSFS2020  level, but more than enough to enjoy. Better frames, less stuttering also than MSFS2020. Now I think I will move back to flying main time on P3D, leaving MSFS2020 for a while until PMDG get their ac released for that platform whenever that will be. 

I share your experience. I did the very same just some weeks ago and will stay with P3D for probably a longer time.

• Like 3

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I will be sticking with P3D flying airliners is more about aircraft and airports and less about scenery, MSFS to me is a GA aircraft scenery sim and less about airports that`s why i will not be buying addons in the sim.

Edited by G-RFRY
  • Like 4

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Does anyone know if you can uninstall P3D completely from the uninstaller, then install the complete new version and leave your aircraft as they are. Will they work after? Or we need to uninstall each aircraft before uninstalling P3D. I am talking for the aircraft installed in the P3D directory, not with the add-on.xml way.

Edited by ComSimPilot

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

11 minutes ago, ComSimPilot said:

Does anyone know if you can uninstall P3D completely from the uninstaller, then install the complete new version and leave your aircraft as they are. Will they work after? Or we need to uninstall each aircraft before uninstalling P3D. I am talking for the aircraft installed in the P3D directory, not with the add-on.xml way.

Yes.. I was doing this during the entire Beta process.. I never had to re-install PMDG products or others..

S.