Sign in to follow this  
holliwutt

PREPAR3D V5.1 HOTFIX 1 NOW AVAILABLE

Exciting.  Hopefully good news.  Now go get it folks and PLEASE report back. 

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I'm on holding.

Edited by Juliet Alpha

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Years ago people look at pete dawson go in holliday now we know when simbol update his software next update of p3d will come😃

• Upvote 4

Frédéric Giraud

so am I correct to assume based on reading the notes that we can install the client/content/scenery straight into V5.0HF2 hence skipping 5.1 last release?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 minutes ago, micstatic said:

so am I correct to assume based on reading the notes that we can install the client/content/scenery straight into V5.0HF2 hence skipping 5.1 last release?

yes, P3D is always a "full install" not just an update the requires an older version.

Just now, Chapstick said:

Could they be any more vague?

• Multiple rendering system stability improvements.

fewer crashes (DEVICE_HUNG)

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Before anyone complain about objects being visible thru clouds with EA enabled. LM have include a fix for 3rd party content, this will fix most of these issues without the need for 3rd party developers to do anything.

However for P3D own objects, please install the latest scenery:

Scenery Fixes and Improvements

• Fixed various building, vegetation, and vehicle models that would blend incorrectly with clouds.
  • Fixed invalid materials in several vegetation models.
  • Fixed issue that could vehicles to crash with jetways.
  • Updated various airports including W24, KRCW, OMAW, CYUL, and WAVG.

You been warned.. if you don't install the Scenery component.. you might still experience objects thru clouds with EA enabled.. Just save yourself the trouble and do a FULL update of all components as we all have been doing during Beta tests.

Regards,

Simbol

• Like 6
  • Upvote 12

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

Before anyone complain about objects being visible thru clouds with EA enabled. LM have include a fix for 3rd party content, this will fix most of these issues without the need for 3rd party developers to do anything.

However for P3D own objects, please install the latest scenery:

Scenery Fixes and Improvements

• Fixed various building, vegetation, and vehicle models that would blend incorrectly with clouds.
  • Fixed invalid materials in several vegetation models.
  • Fixed issue that could vehicles to crash with jetways.
  • Updated various airports including W24, KRCW, OMAW, CYUL, and WAVG.

You been warned.. if you don't install the Scenery component.. you might still experience objects thru clouds with EA enabled.. Just save yourself the trouble and do a FULL update of all components as we all have been doing during Beta tests.

Regards,

Simbol

Great news. I wonder if it's possible to install just the scenery update in order to get that fix without breaking compatibility with FSL, Activesky, etc.

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

5 minutes ago, bbain1187 said:

Great news. I wonder if it's possible to install just the scenery update in order to get that fix without breaking compatibility with FSL, Activesky, etc.

Nope.. I will repeat it again, I recommend ALL COMPONENTS

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Just now, simbol said:

Dang...worth a shot.

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

oh FFS im just about to take off after tweaking for 3 days , now ive just seen this lol !!!!😵🤐

• Like 2

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

@simbol, sorry, the Universe must have its entropy.  😀

Still on v4.5, hoping this is the right fix for me to buy 5.1.  Looking forward to your reviews.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

I just took my first PMDG 737 ngxu HomeCockpit flight in months now after the hotfix 5.1 was installed.

I have been flying VFR in MSFS for months now and really enjoy it.

The v5.1 hotfix works just fine in my setup.

Flying in my PMDG 737 ngxu home cockpit again after all these months was really good. Nothing beats it, not even MSFS.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

I hope enough people see this message, hence I'm quoting it and emphasizing it in in every way I can 🤣

Seriously though, if LM specifically states that the scenery component includes such basic fixes as changed material properties for default objects, better go and ahead and install the whole shebang. Personally, I've prepared for this by simply not installing anything that likes to install straight into P3D's folder. This includes all manner of modules, aircraft and some of the more involved pieces of scenery. Just to ensure a smooth transition from one P3D version to the next. Hopefully, with HF1, I can stop being cautious! Downloading now...

• Like 5

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case