Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Carenado PA44 Seminole

3 hours ago, ssair1 said:

Ok, I am about to almost purchase it. But some pros and cons? 

According to some research I did before buying, it's got rave reviews by many real world pilots and instructors who have time in the real world PA44. The Flying Fabio (aerospace engineer and former instructor at Flight Safety International) tested it extensively for several hours on Twitch and had mostly great things to say about it. You could also replace the default GNS 530 with Pimarc's one (which is way better) and use Kanaron's RandFailuresFS2020 to add lots of failures in various ways.  

Edited by EvidencePlz
  • Like 1

It's my go to GA twin...and as noted above be sure to grab the GNS530 mod too, it's fantastic.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I'm curious, to those of you who have the PA44 and use it in VR -  does it suffer from the "double mouse pointer" that afflicts the Mooney?

Every time I fly PA44 I remember the song "don't give me P-38 her props counter rotate" LOL I wish someone could mod Baron!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Alright pilots, after receiving all your kind feedback, I decided to take the plunge and bought the bird. It seems really good so far, especially the texture work and even the flight dynamics (I’m a private pilot). However, I am noticing a few issues which are mainly MSFS related. First, is anyone else experiencing a heading indicator bug which only goes up by 10 degree increments? Second, are there any additional add-ons for the GNS 530? Kind regards, 

Edited by ssair1

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

19 hours ago, EvidencePlz said:

According to some research I did before buying, it's got rave reviews by many real world pilots and instructors who have time in the real world PA44. The Flying Fabio (aerospace engineer and former instructor at Flight Safety International) tested it extensively for several hours on Twitch and had mostly great things to say about it. You could also replace the default GNS 530 with Pimarc's one (which is way better) and use Kanaron's RandFailuresFS2020 to add lots of failures in various ways.  

Thank you for the feedback. Why is Pimarc’s GNS 530 better? Kind regards, S.S

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

32 minutes ago, ssair1 said:

Alright pilots, after receiving all your kind feedback, I decided to take the plunge and bought the bird. It seems really good so far, especially the texture work and even the flight dynamics (I’m a private pilot). However, I am noticing a few issues which are mainly MSFS related. First, is anyone else experiencing a heading indicator bug which only goes up by 10 degree increments? Second, are there any additional add-ons for the GNS 530? Kind regards, 

Highly recommend pms50 GNS530 mod. It enhances default GNS significantly. With this mod you can have TAWS page, XM weather feed aka NEXRAD and other features 

https://github.com/pimarc/pms50-gns530

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, ssair1 said:

First, is anyone else experiencing a heading indicator bug which only goes up by 10 degree increments? Second, are there any additional add-ons for the GNS 530? Kind regards, 

If you have Honeycomb alpha/bravo then that's a sim issue which MSFS devs have acknowledged and already fixed. They will release the fix in either the UK world update or sim update 3. In the meantime you can unbind all the commands from the panel switches as a temporary work-around 

• Like 2

Is anyone else noticing weird rudder behavior at moderate ground speeds?

Regards,

Shelman S.

In combination with the GNS530 Mod it is a very enjoyable plane. Can't tell too much about the real behaviour but i like it.

The biggest drawback for me is the limited view which is obviously caused by the engines. Not as bad as in the Seneca but if you're looking for a good view you'd probably be better off with a single engine.

I am really looking forward to the Aerostar.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

19 hours ago, mtr75 said:

@Bert Pieke Have you tried this? Is it as good as the Alabeo one was in P3D?

There are suggestions that it actually IS the Alabedo one converted to MSFS and rebadged under the Carenado name (similarly with the Mooney M20R).

But I have no idea if that's true or how to prove it either way.