Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Carenado PA44 Seminole

19 minutes ago, PBest said:

I would kill for the weather and light from MSFS transferred into X-Plane and would die on the gallows a happy man. Cheers Pete

Yep, but xEnviro 1.15 has just been released :-)

Reporting NAV mode not engaging in my Seminole A/P :-/

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

Yep, but xEnviro 1.15 has just been released 🙂

Reporting NAV mode not engaging in my Seminole A/P 😕

I flew after the last patch and it was working great. Did you use GPS navigation?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

37 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I flew after the last patch and it was working great. Did you use GPS navigation?

I'll check it again and report back. Maybe I missed some step...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Just now, jcomm said:

I'll check it again and report back. Maybe I missed some step...

I bind a  key to AP engage/disengage on my TM Warthog Stick. However, there is dedicated button under GPS that can turn autopilot ON (by using mouse). Make sure you engage it (in case you don't have AP key bind). Alo note HSI must be adjusted manually if you choose GPS navigation. Finally, I'm using GNS530 mod. I don't know if it makes any difference

https://github.com/pimarc/pms50-gns530/releases/tag/v1.0.22

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

On 12/25/2020 at 11:52 AM, PBest said:

I enabled UAC - Reset my MS Account and changed payment methods - email matches - Region settings match - reinstalled xbox app - tried launching MSFS from the xbox account- changed permissions - downloaded  many Gbs of non essential updates - held my tongue in various different positions and if I was a bit younger I might have tried a handstand.

I did a flight in MSFS yesterday with the standard 172 from KSFA north up the coast early morning using Weather Preset Pro -Towering clouds and the sky and light was stunning I have to admit. I would kill for the weather and light from MSFS transferred into X-Plane and would die on the gallows a happy man. Cheers Pete

You probably tried this, but running Flight Simulator as NOT administrator fixed it for me. 

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

just got it and hsi/nav2 is not working, even after reinstall twice:

hsi red flag on nav, not slaved to gns530-looking thing

no glide slope

nav2 obs dial not moving (loc/gs needles seem to deflect ok)

• Like 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

6 minutes ago, kdfw__ said:

just got it and hsi/nav2 is not working, even after reinstall twice:

hsi red flag on nav, not slaved to gns530-looking thing

no glide slope

nav2 obs dial not moving (loc/gs needles seem to deflect ok)

Know issue. It was broken by last ASOBO update.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

5 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Know issue. It was broken by last ASOBO update.

Ughhhhh...no wonder I've been having a time with RNAV approaches - even with the GNS530 mod.  Thanks for the heads up Jose!

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

10 minutes ago, SmokeDiddy said:

Ughhhhh...no wonder I've been having a time with RNAV approaches - even with the GNS530 mod.  Thanks for the heads up Jose!

Don't forget to download the latest release of the GNS530.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

21 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Don't forget to download the latest release of the GNS530.

10-4 - I just downloaded it for the first time this morning.  It should be the latest and greatest.  Thanks for the reminder tho.

• Like 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

Starts to look like XP 🙂

I know they had XP as a reference, but heck... they could be more soft in introducing new bugs / incompatibilities with each new update 😕 - referrinfg to ASOBO, not CARENADO which has done a very nice job with this Seminole !!!

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

3 hours ago, Republic3D said:

You probably tried this, but running Flight Simulator as NOT administrator fixed it for me. 

I was going to suggest that, it can definitely fix a broken Marketplace.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Anyone else have issues with the elevator trim in this?  I occasionally have what I would call "runaway trim"...and I know the default trim is quirky and I always use shorts burst to avoid the it from moving faster but this seems much worse than the default trim issue. I use a HoneyComb yoke and have trim assigned to the 2 buttons on left.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

17 hours ago, Republic3D said:

14 hours ago, Fielder said:

I was going to suggest that, it can definitely fix a broken Marketplace.

Thank you both - I hadn't tried it but unfortunately I normally logon as Admin to slow windows defender down and find that I installed MSFS as Admin and I'm not about to reinstall it again nor Win10 as they suggest just to get it working.

I have had a pleasant 3 hours in X-Plane today flying VFR in the beautiful Thandra DHC-2 Beaver exploring ORBX Nth California but I really appreciate you taking the trouble to post your suggestions.

I'm watching the mailbox for my Honeycomb Bravo Throttle which tracking tells me left Frankfurt de on the 22nd Dec so I will have a long awaited new toy to play with till someone gets back to me from support.

Thank you both again - hope you have a Safe and Happy New Year. Cheers Pete

Win 10 Pro 64bit - CPU Intel i7 9700K 5.1GHz - Cooler Noctua NH-D15 - MoBo Asus Z390 Aorus Master - RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 2800 15-15-15-35 - GPU Asus Cerberus GTX 1070Ti - A8Gb - Drives 3 x 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro M2 NvMe

I'm always logged in as administrator. But I have two types of shortcuts in my toolbar to flightsimulator.exe. One runs MSFS 'as administrator' and the other shortcut to flightsimulator.exe is not done as adminstrator. When I made the shortcuts it gave me the option to check a box to run the executable as administrator or not to check the box. I made one of each.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.