Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS – Development Announcement

5 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

Basically, the AS addon is a paid addon, and all it does is reskins the default Asobo models (the horrible ones) with real world liveries, to an unrealistic extent. i.e. you will have easyjet/ryanair liveries on the asobo 'a330' model

AIG uses its own models, i.e. an A330, will look like an A330, an A380 will look like a A380 as so on, it uses real world flight plans and the best thing it's free,

I am probably missing a few others pros for AIG, but for me AIG is the more realistic option and it's free, and Aerosoft have even said there simple traffic is not meant as a full AI traffic solution, more a temporary fix until there's a more complete solution, which AIG is

My experience with AIG in P3D was that it was so good at creating a 'living airport' that sometimes I would just park my plane on the apron of FlyTampa's CYYZ and watch the planes taking off and landing.  Virtual plane spotting, if you will.  The AIG schedules closely matched the real world schedules shown in FlightAware (pre-Covid).

As mentinoned above -better models, better liveries, realistic schedules and realistic airport population.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ConstVoid said:

One thing that bothers me is that the tutorial doc indicates that AIGTech - AI Manager.exe should be run as administrator. I don't like running anything as administrator if I can help it. What's the reason for this, as I can't think of anything AIM would need administrator access for?

Edit: Just discovered that the AIG Traffic Controller also insists on being run with administrator.

Both apps need read/write access on the C:Drive.

Edited by Tuskin38

19 hours ago, Carts85 said:

Personally I would like to see a side by side comparison video explaining the pros and cons of this and the other product. For someone like me that hasn’t followed this project avidly it would be a big help.

I'll make it short: The only advantage of Aerosoft is that the installation will be easier and take less time. However both installations are a one-time-thing (unless you want to update to new models, liveries, flightplans for AIG, which however is done with two clicks).
In anything else AIG will be vastly superior: more liveries, more varied liveries (e.g. on P3D there were like 50 different Lufthansa liveries for the A320 alone), more aircraft models (Aerosoft has basically only 3), real-life flightplans, real life aircraft instead of fake-default models, no immersion-breaking stuff like a Ryanair A330, continous often updates ...
AIG was the only mod on P3D that really changed the simulator for me, more so than the PMDG 737 or any other aircraft.

Both will suffer from AI deficiencies in the base simulator, but at least AIG is working on some workarounds; Aerosoft will basically just "paint" the default aircraft and leave you alone with the rest. I cannot immagine any situation where someone would be happier with Aerosofts product.

EDIT: Well wasn't that short after all 😄 Wanted to add that a video comparison is not yet possible, due to both products being unreleased. Anyway you have nothing to lose, just download AIG for free when it releases this week and try it out; if you don't like it you can still pay cash for Aerosofts product.
I can understand some caution with Freeware, but this is basically a professional product like the FBW A32X, only that it is for free.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Both apps need read/write access on the C:Drive.

That's what worries me - what would it be doing to my C:Drive? My MSFS isn't even on there, and even if it was I'm none too happy with it possibly altering MSFS official files etc.

Ian Box

34 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I'll make it short: The only advantage of Aerosoft is that the installation will be easier and take less time. However both installations are a one-time-thing (unless you want to update to new models, liveries, flightplans for AIG, which however is done with two clicks).
In anything else AIG will be vastly superior: more liveries, more varied liveries (e.g. on P3D there were like 50 different Lufthansa liveries for the A320 alone), more aircraft models (Aerosoft has basically only 3), real-life flightplans, real life aircraft instead of fake-default models, no immersion-breaking stuff like a Ryanair A330, continous often updates ...
AIG was the only mod on P3D that really changed the simulator for me, more so than the PMDG 737 or any other aircraft.

Both will suffer from AI deficiencies in the base simulator, but at least AIG is working on some workarounds; Aerosoft will basically just "paint" the default aircraft and leave you alone with the rest. I cannot immagine any situation where someone would be happier with Aerosofts product.

EDIT: Well wasn't that short after all 😄 Wanted to add that a video comparison is not yet possible, due to both products being unreleased. Anyway you have nothing to lose, just download AIG for free when it releases this week and try it out; if you don't like it you can still pay cash for Aerosofts product.
I can understand some caution with Freeware, but this is basically a professional product like the FBW A32X, only that it is for free.

Do either of these projects utilize Real-Time Traffic--i.e., sync with actual traffic like the default feature tries to do albeit in limited fashion--or all they all 'fake' as it were?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

26 minutes ago, ConstVoid said:

That's what worries me - what would it be doing to my C:Drive? My MSFS isn't even on there, and even if it was I'm none too happy with it possibly altering MSFS official files etc.

cache/temp files, AIM needs a default directorty that is present on each system for that

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

5 minutes ago, Noel said:

Do either of these projects utilize Real-Time Traffic--i.e., sync with actual traffic like the default feature tries to do albeit in limited fashion--or all they all 'fake' as it were?

All AIG flightplans are based on real world timetables. Our team is collecting each season data for the various airlines and is then picking a "sample week" that will be converted to the flightplan. So it is not live, but close to 90% real. Compared to the "live"-traffic stuff this allows us to release flightplans for airlines/airplanes that are not covert by MLAT or ADSB.

• Like 2

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

43 minutes ago, ConstVoid said:

It's nothing malicious or altering official files, it's just for clearing temp files.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

All AIG flightplans are based on real world timetables. Our team is collecting each season data for the various airlines and is then picking a "sample week" that will be converted to the flightplan. So it is not live, but close to 90% real. Compared to the "live"-traffic stuff this allows us to release flightplans for airlines/airplanes that are not covert by MLAT or ADSB.

Very good thanks.  Will AIG also utilize the existing models, or use their own airplane models if you will?  I'm not one to load up on mods and addons but this is a must!  

Cheers

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

5 minutes ago, Noel said:

Very good thanks.  Will AIG also utilize the existing models, or use their own airplane models if you will?  I'm not one to load up on mods and addons but this is a must!  

Cheers

Most of the models and textures needed are downloaded via AIM.

Some will require manual downloading, but the app itself will open that website when needed.

You can also choose to skip manual downloads, in that case you just won't see those planes in the sim I believe.

Edited by Tuskin38

24 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

cache/temp files, AIM needs a default directorty that is present on each system for that

Thanks Kai (and Tuskin38). I'm just a bit wary of programs which require admin access with no explanation. Could you possibly add a brief comment in the tutorials/manuals to allay fears in future?

Ian Box

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

i know this package will be quite popular but I too have some concerns.  One is the shear volume of potential download.  The payware version only has selected minimal liveries.  Yet here it is stated that you will be getting a full model aircraft (possibly dozens) each with possibly 20 liveries or more.  I will have to see if it is like 20GB payware vs 300MB AIG as I am getting somewhat space limited.

Also, read the new posting on the AIG site, still not quite clear; do both the AIM and the AITC have to running while in sim? or one or the other? or neither? or only for a short time?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K