Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS – Development Announcement

8 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

I have never used their stuff in the past (I come from xplane), but this seems fairly complex to get running.  Maybe it will make more sense once one gets into it a bit.  I really appreciate their efforts and whether I download it or not, I will be donating to them.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

29 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I have never used their stuff in the past (I come from xplane), but this seems fairly complex to get running.  Maybe it will make more sense once one gets into it a bit.  I really appreciate their efforts and whether I download it or not, I will be donating to them.

I am in the process of making the first steps a bit more "easier" till release. The whole process of the installer is quite complicated and som input is needed to get all files, thats the reason the "initial" setup looks quite hard, our goal was to get all information at the beginning so later it will be "fire and forget".

There are more then 5000+ users of AI Manager already, and I am sure many of them will help the new guys 😉

• Like 7

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

26 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

I am in the process of making the first steps a bit more "easier" till release. The whole process of the installer is quite complicated and som input is needed to get all files, thats the reason the "initial" setup looks quite hard, our goal was to get all information at the beginning so later it will be "fire and forget".

There are more then 5000+ users of AI Manager already, and I am sure many of them will help the new guys 😉

I also have always used commercial solutions for traffic in FSX, P3D, and X-Plane. I just donated to AIG and hope to figure out the install process without too much trouble. Thanks for all the work on this!

• Like 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

31 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

Does any of the installation involve replacing any of the files in the official folder?

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

1 minute ago, hanhamreds said:

Does any of the installation involve replacing any of the files in the official folder?

No, own package in community

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Just now, Kaiii3 said:

No, own package in community

Excellent 👍

I have more questions,  but will wait for the release instead👍

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

@Kaiii3 one more question please:

A lot of people (myself included) “disabled” the twin engine generics in the fs folders, and edited the aircraft.cfg files such as icao_generic from 0 to 1 and other changes, to remove the genéric aircrafts on the FS traffic.

So, i also changed the plane 320neo used for is-airtraffic to traffic 1. Honestly, I don't remember the changes I made, as I now use Ivao planes for Traffic.  Will these changes interfere with the AIG product when installing?

Edited by andrevieira

I have P3D, but removed it from my system when I had to do a clean install of WIn 10 a few months ago.  Would it be advisable to reinstall it and set up your product with it first, to work out any bugs in getting it running, before the MSFS-compatible version is released?  Or would that just complicate matters?

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

42 minutes ago, andrevieira said:

A lot of people (myself included) “disabled” the twin engine generics in the fs folders, and edited the aircraft.cfg files such as icao_generic from 0 to 1 and other changes, to remove the genéric aircrafts on the FS traffic.

So, i also changed the plane 320neo used for is-airtraffic to traffic 1. Honestly, I don't remember the changes I made, as I now use Ivao planes for Traffic.  Will these changes interfere with the AIG product when installing?

AIG doesn't use those models, so no.

Edited by Tuskin38

56 minutes ago, andrevieira said:

Those changes may have been reverted by any SU or WU since you made them. Further, changes to one file in the official folders can disrupt other files that look to them after an update and cause problems that way. That's why it's best to stay out of the official folders if at all possible and use mods for the changes instead.

James

I think the complexity level of OCI is being exaggerated a bit.

It has lots of options that allow you to customize things to your liking, but most of them are optional and not necessary for getting traffic installed.

Install OCI, have it check for updated Airlines. highlight the ones you want. and hit go. Easy peazy.  

• Like 4

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

41 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

It has lots of options that allow you to customize things to your liking, but most of them are optional and not necessary for getting traffic installed.

Install OCI, have it check for updated Airlines. highlight the ones you want. and hit go. Easy peazy.  

Exactly what I was thinking, I had it for p3d and it was just select the airlines hit install and boom done. Its not very complex to get started at all imo. 

1 hour ago, MDFlier said:

is OCI available now for MSFS?

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

13 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

The UI is a bit old school, and not that intuitive, but the actual process of implementing flighplans, models and liveries is extremely easy - that's why the software is called "one-click-installer". After that it's done. I guarantee you it's very easy and even if it was not, it would still be worth it.

• Like 3