Sign in to follow this  
tull

Just phenomenal......

I just took off from PAKT and climbed out through the clouds which were quite low and it was just awesome, it really was, absolutely fantastic, this simulator is mega, I absolutely love it! Im 53 years old and been simming for over 20 years, never never been so immersed withe a desktop simulator ever...and I've had them all since FS98 all the payware sceneries, pmdg aircraft, A2A etc etc, pd3, xp11, the bloody lot......this sim is the best!! 

Just wanted to put this out there!!

Cheers

Regards

Paul EGCC

• Like 46

Regards

Paul EGCC

TBM930, I fly everywere in it, in real time with real weather and have done pretty much since day 1, My pc is 10 years old, its an i5 processor, nvidia 1060 6GB card and it runs the TBM very well, the airliners not too good, they must be more demanding I expect, but the tbm no problem, I ve had no problems either with anything, it runs so well. 

But flying through them clouds and breasking out through them is just great! I'm on my way to Japan, going to fly up to Anchorage then across stopping off at various airports, not planned my route yet but I will over the weekend!

😀👍 

• Like 2

Regards

Paul EGCC

1 hour ago, tull said:

I just took off from PAKT and climbed out through the clouds which were quite low and it was just awesome, it really was, absolutely fantastic, this simulator is mega, I absolutely love it! Im 53 years old and been simming for over 20 years, never never been so immersed withe a desktop simulator ever...and I've had them all since FS98 all the payware sceneries, pmdg aircraft, A2A etc etc, pd3, xp11, the bloody lot......this sim is the best!! 

Cheers

Regards

Paul EGCC

My impression as well.  Simming over 20 years, and I just starting looking at an interesting stat for me.

I'm a screenshot aficionado and have taken thousands throughout my simming journey.  In the few months I've been in MSFS2020...I've actually taken about as many pics as I did the 1st few years of snapping them in previous versions!  Way too many to ever post...but the inspiration to snap a shot to just look at later is unreal...and is a testament to how incredible the whole experience is in this sim.

Nothing before it even comes close.

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I've had every flightsim since FS2 but this is the buggiest and clunkiest of them all   No doubt the bugs will be resolved in time, though why they couldn't use the old FSX interface I really don't know.  Maybe it's just a case of getting used to it.

Also rather annoyingly, I can't take ownership of any of the files and my joystick can't access the Program to create a profile because it is protected.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

18 minutes ago, cianpars said:

I've had every flightsim since FS2 but this is the buggiest and clunkiest of them all   No doubt the bugs will be resolved in time, though why they couldn't use the old FSX interface I really don't know.  Maybe it's just a case of getting used to it.

Also rather annoyingly, I can't take ownership of any of the files and my joystick can't access the Program to create a profile because it is protected.

The old FSX interface? In 2020? You'r joking right? 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I had a similar flight and feeling last night. Out of KFHR at sunset, low clouds were prevalent and as I climbed through the dark grey soup at 5500 in the DA62, an incredibly gorgeous red/orange/yellow sky just opened up in front of me as I was skimming the tops of the cloud layer. Just stunning! 

• Like 2

I get that feeling all the time. If it's not the clouds, it's the lighting. If it's not the water and waves, is the colors. On every flight there's the real feeling of flight immersion which is something I have not felt since Flight Unlimited II & III.

• Like 5

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, tull said:

Cheers

Regards

Paul EGCC

I absolutely love it too. I’ve had many many years away from flight simulation, previously flying in  FSX way back in 2005 or so. Having just a few months back with MSFS2020, this sim has blown me away. 

Exciting times ahead with so many addons in the pipeline. And the community is amazing with all the support 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I get that feeling all the time. If it's not the clouds, it's the lighting. If it's not the water and waves, is the colors. On every flight there's the real feeling of flight immersion which is something I have not felt since Flight Unlimited II & III.

I felt that in the "glide" version of Pro Pilot 99.  In 2d, it sucked, but on the 3dfx, it was pretty amazing.  AT the time FS98 was still rendering pyramids for mountains, only now it was "hardware accelerated".  The first time I flew next to Mount Rainier and saw proper mountains my mouth dropped.  

Haven't had that level of astonishment until I took my first flight in MSFS 2020.  

Am with you on this! Thought I would do a quick fly over New Orleans. Ended up flying south to the mouth of the Mississippi to see what it looks like. Now am on a trip up the full length of ol man river, currently between Memphis and St. Louis. 

Always dreamed of taking a steamboat ride in real life. This is a great substitute. 

Grant 

Yup. 

The looks department are in favor of this sim to such an extent as to be almost ridiculous. And as such, the immersion is at times through the roof. I've been flying in OnAir in North America for some time, using general aviation aircraft and jumping between small airports. Even the totally default grass strip is light years ahead of everything else. Denying this is borderline retarded. Just for "haha's" I compared some of the little grass strips in MSFS with the other sims and, well, it is like comparing my six year olds drawings to a renaissance master piece.  Yes, my six year old wins in charm but it is undeniable where the aesthetics are... 😉

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

35 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Yup. 

The looks department are in favor of this sim to such an extent as to be almost ridiculous. And as such, the immersion is at times through the roof. I've been flying in OnAir in North America for some time, using general aviation aircraft and jumping between small airports. Even the totally default grass strip is light years ahead of everything else. Denying this is borderline retarded. Just for "haha's" I compared some of the little grass strips in MSFS with the other sims and, well, it is like comparing my six year olds drawings to a renaissance master piece.  Yes, my six year old wins in charm but it is undeniable where the aesthetics are... 😉

Gives you hope that someday your kid is gonna make masterpieces 🙂

Currently using FSX-SE. I have UT North America, GEX North America, and Active Sky Next. Was out of simming since 2006 prior to June. Century of Flight last version I used. I liked FSX when I first started with it. Better but still familiar. I am impressed with the screen shots from MSFS 2020. I currently have only 8 gig of DDR4 3000 on my Ryzin 5 with RX580 8 gig. I would like to buy me 16 more gig of ram for Christmas and then I will decide between Xplane 11 and MSFS. I DO enjoy visuals but I'm also a tech nut and bolt counter. I like GNS, GTN, FMCs, a 45 minute preflight checklist, and procedures. Tough call.

Edited by Gary1124

Agreed, absolutely beautiful!  The amount of times I'm staring out the window and forgetting to fly the plane is unreal ha.

Thomas Derbyshire