Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KL791 said:

yes, but not very detailed and I used wrong colors... there is a good reason for it, but it isn't user friendly for others than ME 😄

Awesome, Thanks for the hard work! There is not some way to share an inline .kml viewer? 

Edited by bigifooti
typo

Screenshot-2024-04-21-154657.png

CRAZY

• Like 2

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loads of ships, lovely, but I spotted two aircraft carriers in the English Channel just off Brighton/Newhaven, not sure they should be there...

FS2020_20240421_150656_NIS_70_10_R.jpg?eFS2020_20240421_151216_NIS_70_10_R.jpg?eFS2020_20240421_151159_NIS_70_10_R.jpg?e

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

well, even if those carriers are no longer active in the Royal Navy they are part of the package... however before anyone tries to land on them... They do not have hard decks so you will wet your plane... Sorry.

• Like 3

Apologies for the silly question here.  In the readme it says to just extract to your community folder.  Now should I extract it with all folder structure intact so:

Community\

ai-boats-ships-v5-msfs\

gaist-ship-routes_v1_1

gaist-ultra-v5_0

Or....

Should all the Subdirectories be their own entries in Community so:

Community\

gaist-ship-routes_v1_1

gaist-ultra-v5_0

Apologies again for the silly question.  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

10 minutes ago, psolk said:

Apologies for the silly question here.  In the readme it says to just extract to your community folder.  Now should I extract it with all folder structure intact so:

Community\

ai-boats-ships-v5-msfs\

gaist-ship-routes_v1_1

gaist-ultra-v5_0

Or....

Should all the Subdirectories be their own entries in Community so:

Community\

gaist-ship-routes_v1_1

gaist-ultra-v5_0

Apologies again for the silly question.  

Second option is correct. And it isn't a silly question - the file got an "outer" folder just for facilitating download in one.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, KL791 said:

Second option is correct. And it isn't a silly question - the file got an "outer" folder just for facilitating download in one.

Thank you so much for the quick response, it is very much appreciated!  That explains why I am not seeing any boat traffic 🙂

Thank you again, have a great day!  And my goodness, thank you for this project!!

Edited by psolk
  • Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Posted (edited)

That looks really nice! I installed the two folders as advised, I can see vessels at sea but they are not moving? Did I miss a crucial step?

*EDIT* obviously these were vessel close to the shore, probably anchored. Found moving vessels further out from Malta... Very cool! Great addon!

Edited by DieselTen
Solution found...
  • Like 1

Thank you very much, your hard work is more than much appreciated !! 👍

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Love your global ai shipping as always. Adds SO much to the world of flight simming. Thank you for your tireless work on these packages 😊

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Posted (edited)

In previous versions of Gaist I also added a few regional route folders (e.g., North American/Caribbean) to my community folder.  Are those even still necessary with this new version?  

Edited by mikeklimek
  • Like 1

I think that they have all been combined into one folder.

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If I remember correctly from Boat traffic sliders were like an on/off and you wanted to set them to something low like 6% which enabled GAIST but didn't conflict with default ship traffic.  

Is that still the case or should I have ships and ferries at 100%?  

Thank you, appreciate the help! 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Posted (edited)

@psolk On the download page at Flyawaysimulation.com

"In MSFS general options under traffic ships and ferries should be set to 5-10 % for best performance. Increasing above 10% will not add any traffic to this project."

Edited by mobeans10
  • Like 1