Sign in to follow this  
Steve L

Looking to pay for someone to record a MSFS flight video

Dear Avsim forum members; I am looking to purchase a short 35-40 minute video clip of a specific flight leg on MSFS (2020 version if possible).  Originally, I was going to just purchase MSFS 2020 myself until I learned that my laptop does not have the recommended spec for running it.  Rather than risk it MAYBE being sufficient, I thought maybe someone could simply make the flight him/herself and sell to me.  I'm an ex-military pilot and ATPL but trying to put together a clip of a unique route/leg which I can show to some investors to promote a new business venture.  The route is pretty simple really and can provide more details upon request but just wanted to see if this may be possible.  Not sure what format video MSFS would produce but hopefully one that can easily be played back on a standard Windows 10 laptop.  If possible, I can just make an online transfer to provide payment.  Hope to hear back from someone !  If you want email direct, please just send to me at StephenLakeway@yahoo.com. Thanks.

I hope you realise your request sounds uncannily like a lot of those phishing emails, usually trying to collect peoples personal details with supposedly lucrative job offers.

Especially since you can get the game for $1 for a month on Xbox game pass for PC.

You may be legit - but you really need to post some sort of confirmable information other than just a yahoo address and a brand new avsim account for people to take you serously.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pulsepowered said:

what type of flight are you looking at? Here's a demo video of what my pc is capable of.

Whats the machine specs? awesome footage, cached the region?

20 minutes ago, Armchair Pilot said:

Whats the machine specs? awesome footage, cached the region?

Specs in video description. Yes manhattan skyline saved in the manual cache.

• Like 1

Is MSFS licensed for commercial use?

Many years ago a medium sized aerospace company used the free Orbiter Space Flight Simulator to make an animation of their spacecraft for a NASA program bid and then posted it publicly.  The only thing was that the license for the base Orbiter sim expressly forbids commercial use, and they also incorporated some 3D models from addons that were not licensed for such use.  There was a bit of a kerfuffle over it....I think agreements were reached smoothing things over in the end.  

Just something to think about.  I don't know exactly what your "application" is.  

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

since  it's  a  first  post   looks  like  it  is

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

But what if the client is a Nigerian Prince in exile..surely then it is legit, and a good cause as well.  

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K