Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

xEnviro 1.14 is out

7 hours ago, Paraffin said:

A full 3-dimensional weather system would need to load the METAR you were flying from, and also load the METAR you were about to fly into, and show both those things in the world outside the cockpit!

But it does load multiple METARs. Just use the native real weather. If you modify (say with notepad) the metar.rwx file and then reload the weather, you'll see that changes to METARs of  airports (that are in the tiles currently loaded) are reflected in the shown weather.

The 3 dimensionality is limited to cloud depiction though, so yes it certainly needs lot of improvements.

Edited by Murmur

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Looking forward to more reviews from people using the new update.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Another test, compared to FS Real Global Weather, SMP and RWC the FPS using XEnviro are slightly better. On the downside I have some artifacts when changing views. Clouds look great, seasons do not work unser Vulcan. No problems so far.

18 hours ago, Ralf Maylin said:

On the downside I have some artifacts when changing views

Similar problem here, but overall it's looking good

Yes Tony. Another nice flight this morning. Wonderful rain effects and clouds. Flew into Manchester to test the FPS. ORBX Britain and Aerosoft Manchester airport scenery. No problem, fluid 30+. It really enhances the sim now. X-craft Legacy flown.

Edited by Ralf Maylin

Thx for the report Ralf ! Following it ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

11 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Thx for the report Ralf ! Following it 😉

Hi José, what’s the current status? Installed or uninstalled? 😉

Stay safe.

Ehehe, installed, with few time available to play... Sometimes I start XP11, sometimes I start MFS, sometimes Condor v2 ...

Enjoying xEnviro 1.15 ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Yes I really do. XEnviro was my most hated add on. 1.14 was the first version that I liked but „going back“ to Open GL was no option. Now I have my fluid graphics and clouds that look like being up there. I like the way that clouds look like landscape. They still look a little bit like foam sometimes but no other clouds I have seen seen come so close.

xEnviro is the most frustrating add on. The developer seems to have skills but he cannot nail it.  There are always buts, like but the performance is terrible or but the clouds are pixelated or but there's problems changing views................

Well, never bought it, but I - honestly - like what I see in videos like this one:

[XP11] Sheremetyevo Real-Ops, xEnviro 1.15, RTX 3090 - YouTube

Just wonder how it would perform on my rig compared to what I already get and is even better in MFS, even at LOW settings...

So, I decided to give LR a new chance when XP12 get's announced / released... Meanwhile will keep default + EC plugin.

OTOH, we still getter more realistic visibility effects in precision approaches in XP11 than we get in MFS due to the fact that there isn't yet a consistent way to translate reported visibility in that platform... That's why I use XP11 and the Toliss A319 for those approaches.

Systems modelling wise the same, although that freeware NEO is progressing astoundingly !

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

4 hours ago, Greazer said:

xEnviro is the most frustrating add on

It's frustrating for me because xEnviro for me has always used only live weather despite its price tag. Having custom weather themes or to use XP's weather dialog appears to a very low priority item for them and really limits when/where I can use this product, especially during the winter months. Visually, it's the best clouds addon for XP, just a pity the developers have other priorities. In addition, no Mac OS support, which is where I suspect a lot of XP's loyal user base now remain.