Sign in to follow this  
Car147

Next World update UK

4 minutes ago, edpatino said:

They are adding 4 to 10 airports, improving let's say 50 minor airfields, add 30-60 POIs, and that do nothing in places like the US and the UK where you can find a thousand airports and airfields and thousands of POIs

Well lend them the money to spend on more time and hire more employees.

they said in today's Q&A that they're looking towards a a X-Plane style Gateway system.

Edited by Tuskin38

Hoping they improve EGCC Manchester considerably; allegedly this is going to happen, so let's hope it's a decent facelift.

The default airport is only really vaguely akin to the real place, the buildings, stands and piers are more or less correctly placed although not completely correct as are the taxiways in terms of placement at least, but the structures themselves are for the most part nothing like the real ones in appearance. The control tower is broadly similar to the real one in shape.

I had to look twice to see if I was actually at the right airport the first time I loaded it up and although I did work at the place and so am possibly a bit harder to please than most, I still think it is a pretty lacklustre effort for anyone who is after a bit of realism. Considering that it is one of the UK's major airports, I think that's not too unreasonable an expectation, particularly given that Aerosoft are partnering up with Asobo and they have access to a decent 3D model of the place which could be supplied as the basis for an improved model. Guess we'll find out in a week or so.

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

UK would be great.  TBH MSFS is not that much better than FSX with VFR phoroscenery in the UK in many respects.  Some of the freeware addon cities are veey good though.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

3 minutes ago, cianpars said:

UK would be great.  TBH MSFS is not that much better than FSX with VFR phoroscenery in the UK in many respects.  Some of the freeware addon cities are veey good though.

This is why it is going to take something special to move me from P3Dv4.5HF2 with ORBx TrueEarth GB, PlayHorizon 5 metre mesh, UK2000 Xtreme airports and VFR Airfields packages, Scotflight freeware packages, REX Texture Direct 4 Enhanced Edition (for some stunning dawn and dusk atmospheric effects), and my custom database of AI airliners and military planes.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

31 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

This is why it is going to take something special to move me from P3Dv4.5HF2 with ORBx TrueEarth GB, PlayHorizon 5 metre mesh, UK2000 Xtreme airports and VFR Airfields packages, Scotflight freeware packages, REX Texture Direct 4 Enhanced Edition (for some stunning dawn and dusk atmospheric effects), and my custom database of AI airliners and military planes.

Not sure you can say that in one breath!

Asobo have already been round to my house this week to take pictures.

Let's hope for some Dorset love.

Liverpool airport will be great as that is the first I flew from as a friend's dad had a Piper Cherokee, it was a stepping stone to being a pilot for Manx air. The more airports the merrier.

CJ

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Hoping they improve EGCC Manchester considerably; allegedly this is going to happen, so let's hope it's a decent facelift.

Guess we'll find out in a week or so.

Totally agree, this needs to happen.

what have you heard, I missed the Q/A they announcing which airports will be included next week?

20 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

I missed the Q/A they announcing which airports will be included next week?

The link to the Q&A is in the first post of this thread.😉

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

1 minute ago, 109Sqn said:

The link to the Q&A is in the first post of this thread.😉

Didtn really want to watch an hour an 8 minutes for that one answer but cheers anyway

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I would contend that something which costs as little as a quid, doesn't require any add-ons at all (which are frequently quite expensive) but which manages to look much better and get better frame rates whilst doing so, already is 'something special' even at this point in its evolution.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 5

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

@Chock, I don’t have MSFS but was watching a YT video yesterday and the author was landing on 23R in an A320neo. What we’re all those office blocks where Heald Green is? I hardly recognised it.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I get some stunning views with TrueEarth GB in P3D, but I have no idea how it compares with what I would see in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Given that LM has removed the worst issues out of Prepar3d5, now seems to have come the time to start fighting MSFS. This is done in the Prepar3d forums, where it may be okay, but I find it a bit inappropriate in the MSFS forums.

Enjoy what you have, but please, let us enjoy what we have as well.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I would be more than happy if the worked on the flight models, performance issues and other bugs first before taking care of one world update after the other. Otherwise this may end up as a screenshot simulator, but that might be the plan anyway.

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

People claiming MSFS looks like FSX are delusional. Using the AIP entry for an airfield picked at random (Denham, EGLD) I was able to taxi out and take off following the published VRPs, which are motorways nearby and a roundabout in a nearby village. I flew cross country avoiding the London restricted areas down to Shoreham. VFR all the way. Little B roads and ponds were right where they ought to have been. Hills and ridges were convincingly shown right where real world maps and charts said they'd be. Fields and hedges and farmhouses are all where you'd find them. I recognised paths I've walked previously going over the South Downs. Brighton's urban sprawl and layout is there, as is my friend's house on his road.

FSX and P3D after that is like flying over themed bedroom wallpaper.

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

I have no idea why you quoted my post here. I can do all of the things that you mention above in P3D with TrueEarth GB South installed, but I have never claimed that the new Microsoft Flight Simulator looks like FSX. I am not trying to start any arguments here. That is not my style. All I am saying is that I have a very realistic rendition of the UK in P3D (though by no means perfect), so I do not need to replace it with another one at this moment in time.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png