Sign in to follow this  
kt069

Nvidia Driver 457.51 is Available. Reduced Stutters...

This driver reduced my stutters by exactly 2.375%...!!!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Chris Camp

2 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Not 2.374?

word not allowed, going to have to re-test!

• Like 3

Chris Camp

by 2.71828

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

16 hours ago, AnkH said:

Stupid question: are you one of those HT off user? If yes, did you try HT on to see if this resolves stutters? And do you have the Windows 10 Game mode activated? I have less cores, but HT on and Game Mode on and see no stutters after the last patch...

What I say is that I haven't changed anything on my PC and the recent update introduced stutters and very short pauses that didn't existed before. HT has always been the same, ON or OFF I don't really know.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Just installed the new/latest drivers. Ran the sim using X1 to mild OC and saw great smooth performance... then got a CTD first time in a long time. Rebooted PC and tried again no X1 OC ran really smoothly.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

24 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Just installed the new/latest drivers. Ran the sim using X1 to mild OC and saw great smooth performance... then got a CTD first time in a long time. Rebooted PC and tried again no X1 OC ran really smoothly.

Have you tried the built-in Nvidia OC tool (if you enable experimental features in Geforce Experience)? The automatic tuning seems quite thorough...

1 hour ago, DylanM said:

Have you tried the built-in Nvidia OC tool (if you enable experimental features in Geforce Experience)? The automatic tuning seems quite thorough...

No but using the auto limiter in X1 which seems to accomplish the same thing? Was not aware of this will take a look thanks.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Funny, overall it >feels< smoother to me since the update overall. But some places I didn't notice bad slow downs now have them. I have flown low over the San Francisco presidio many times, without troubles, I'd get better FPS there than most of the rest of the city. But now there's some VERY bad slow downs, 10fps (mostly I'm 20-28fps over San Francisco) over some tree covered areas in/around the presidio. 

I got the new drivers this morning, haven't really flown yet since then. But since I got the 3080 I've been having nothing but trouble putting my PC to sleep and waking it up. Which I generally use all the time, no troubles. So really hoping the new drivers mean I can sleep again and not have to either leave it on or turn it off. 

I have a test area where I test my FPS after each update. I used to get 104 fps, Now it's about 106 fps. I will test other areas for stutters...

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.