Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Nvidia control panel

Ahmad anyone installed the latest nvidia driver ? 457.51 I believe? And not been able to open the control panel?

cheers 

mike

Just updated to 457.51, Nvidia Control Panel working here after a reboot.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

16 minutes ago, CaptKornDog said:

Just updated to 457.51, Nvidia Control Panel working here after a reboot.

Thanks.. 🤔 I may just have to uninstall and reinstall.

thanks

mike

7 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Thanks.. 🤔 I may just have to uninstall and reinstall.

thanks

mike

I had this last night.  The windows store downloaded it for me 

Did you get game ready or studio driver? 

v63vq9-5.png

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

I had this last night.  The windows store downloaded it for me 

Did you get game ready or studio driver? 

Game ready.

mike

2 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

Do your control panel settings go back to default after driver update?

I think only if you do a full installation.  Or maybe it's called custom.  Can't remember the prompt.  I've found unlike in the past there really isn't a need to change too much in NCP anymore.  In terms of P3D.  There are some good bench studies out there you can google that will show you the power management feature can be left at default now.  Only thing I personally change is under resolution to lock my refresh rate to 30hz when running p3d.  

9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 |EVGA FTW3 3090 | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM1000x |  240MM AIO.| MFG Crosswind | T16000M Stick | Saitek Throttle Quad | Skalarki MCDU and FCU | Saitek Radio Panel

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

I think only if you do a full installation.  Or maybe it's called custom.  Can't remember the prompt.  I've found unlike in the past there really isn't a need to change too much in NCP anymore.  In terms of P3D.  There are some good bench studies out there you can google that will show you the power management feature can be left at default now.  Only thing I personally change is under resolution to lock my refresh rate to 30hz when running p3d.  

Sorry for rookie question...why does changing to 30Hz make a difference? I'm currently at 60.

1 hour ago, BWBriscoe said:

Sorry for rookie question...why does changing to 30Hz make a difference? I'm currently at 60.

Well if you set to 30hz (provided your monitor or tv supports it) you give your cpu/gpu some headroom.  You also have to have vsync on to make sure the sim knows.  The other benefit is you have less spikes.  So you may be able to get 60fps 90% of the time.  But if you have dips to 35 periodically, that dip will result in a stutter.  So if you know you 100% of the time you can achieve 30 then you will have a smoother experience.  Flying airliners i've found I don't have much of a need for higher than 30.  The only time I notice it is when panning.  

9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 |EVGA FTW3 3090 | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM1000x |  240MM AIO.| MFG Crosswind | T16000M Stick | Saitek Throttle Quad | Skalarki MCDU and FCU | Saitek Radio Panel

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

Well if you set to 30hz (provided your monitor or tv supports it) you give your cpu/gpu some headroom.  You also have to have vsync on to make sure the sim knows.  The other benefit is you have less spikes.  So you may be able to get 60fps 90% of the time.  But if you have dips to 35 periodically, that dip will result in a stutter.  So if you know you 100% of the time you can achieve 30 then you will have a smoother experience.  Flying airliners i've found I don't have much of a need for higher than 30.  The only time I notice it is when panning.  

i run at 30 hertz as my monitor is 4K. i agree with the panning though. and the slugish mouse

• Like 1

v63vq9-5.png

Hey Micstatic -- is there a place in NCP to set the refresh rate for P3D specifically? I can't find one and am changing the refresh rate manually via Windows.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, Blk Ed MB; Intel I7-4790K CPU (@4.5 Ghz); Deepcool 240 AIO Cooler; 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win10 Pro (P3D V5 HF2); 2 Samsung 1Tb SSDs;Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k;

yes scroll to the bottom in "manage 2d settings" then  programme settings  open vertical sync , there is options in there !

50 minutes ago, pgde said:

Hey Micstatic -- is there a place in NCP to set the refresh rate for P3D specifically? I can't find one and am changing the refresh rate manually via Windows.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

The P3d specific max frame rate doesn’t work as well for me. What I do is manage resolution. Then change refresh rate there. When done flying I go back to 60