Sign in to follow this  
leprechaunlive

Carenado Waco

Thanks Ryan, did as instructed above, and no more problems. ALL my Carenado planes work like a charm.

As for the WACO swinging to one side, and becoming uncontrollable, watch real world tutorials on taildraggers, it really helps understand what’s going on. And don’t forget, nearly every takeoff and landing you do, there’s a crosswind component to consider. The plane will naturally swing to the left, so right rudder is needed on takeoff. Getting that right takes practice. To aid this, a right crosswind is better than a left crosswind. Simply do some research, and learn how taildraggers fly, it has really helped me.

• Like 1

The Waco does dance a lot on the departure roll.  I ended up adding full back pressure to simulate a tail wheel lock (not sure if its modeled).  But it does seem to help stabilize takeoffs.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

The Waco does dance a lot on the departure roll.  I ended up adding full back pressure to simulate a tail wheel lock (not sure if its modeled).  But it does seem to help stabilize takeoffs.

The tail wheel lock lever is down near the trim wheel on your left.

On 2/20/2021 at 6:47 AM, ryanbatcund said:

Can you tell me what made Waco stop dancing anymore? For me it still runs to the left. Describe how you start?

I'm wondering if the latest MSFS update did something to the overall aircraft physics because I've recently noticed that when accelerating the WACO, the tailwheel lifts off the ground a lot sooner than it used to, assuming you're not pulling back on it of course. 

31 minutes ago, Tailwinds said:

I'm wondering if the latest MSFS update did something to the overall aircraft physics because I've recently noticed that when accelerating the WACO, the tailwheel lifts off the ground a lot sooner than it used to, assuming you're not pulling back on it of course. 

The flaps bug that the latest update brought is providing twice the lift for flaps. There is a workaround that can be applied r the upcoming sim update in March will resolve it. 

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

The Waco doesn't have flaps, so that particular Asobo screwup shouldn't come into play.

One of the things the update did change was how ground effect is implemented, so that may be what caused the change you're seeing.

2 hours ago, ndts said:

The Waco doesn't have flaps, so that particular Asobo screwup shouldn't come into play.

One of the things the update did change was how ground effect is implemented, so that may be what caused the change you're seeing.

Well seeing I don't own the Waco then! 🤠

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

I have had a couple of successes at repainting the Waco, I like it.

But...

When I create a package for the community folder I don't get the pilot's body to show, nor does the knee pad function other than show and hide.

Any advice please?

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel

Hello chaps,

it looks like there is a mobile portion on each wing; I haven't been able to find how to move it? Or is there?

KIND REGARDS,

J. WYATT

Once more unto the breech, dear friends...

After a long day in the Salt Mines, I decided to spend the evening watching the sun go down in St. Maarten... always a lovely way to enjoy a Sundowner.  The Waco was just the platform for some island hopping and after a couple of circuits at St. Barts, I decided to plop down at Grand Case...

8VufKmm.jpg

@Carenado if you're reading this, would you please finish this aeroplane?  Please start with Weight & Balance... your Alabeo product flies beautifully... this one ought to as well.

@Asobo if you're reading this, would you please start insisting on some more QC before approving aircraft and sceneries in MSFSMP? A simple W&B problem ought not to make it past your initial review.

@WorkingTitle if you're reading this- would you please consider a dialog with MSFS re. patching the leaky ship before adding more sail?

I suppose that's enough whinging for now...

Ta- C

• Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

The Orbx "Vessels" addon combined with the Juliana airport make St Maartens an ideal place for flying this aircraft.

The flight model still needs tweaking, especially the CoG, but at least they have not dumbed it down to the point it " flies on rails "  like often happens when developers are after mass market sales.

• Like 1

The Waco really needs 50 mph airspeed for full rudder authority. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to accelerate beyond 40 with the stick held back. If it would, I'd just fly it off the runway but the only way to get the airspeed up is to push the stick forward. and as soon as the tailwheel leaves the runway, she slews wildly w/o rudder response. Love the bird but she's a PIA to get airborne.

On 1/22/2021 at 2:26 PM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Whenever they do get around to it - MS will then take another 6 weeks to get the patch into the marketplace for those people that purchased it in game  😄

Hi is there any other way of purchasing Carenado other than MSFSs broken Marketplace - I haven't been able to purchase anything in game (despite supports efforts till they gave up 3 months later) since buying the sim from day 1 till now ? Cheers

Win 10 Pro 64bit - CPU Intel i7 9700K 5.1GHz - Cooler Noctua NH-D15 - MoBo Asus Z390 Aorus Master - RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 2800 15-15-15-35 - GPU Asus Cerberus GTX 1070Ti - A8Gb - Drives 3 x 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro M2 NvMe