Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Working Title CJ4 v0.8.0 - OPEN BETA - RNAV/LPV, VNAV, FADEC

10 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

It appears as though the LNM custom waypoints don't load properly into the FMC.

We'll give it time... but it would be nice if this could be added (or restored).. 🙂

• Like 1

Bert

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

We'll give it time... but it would be nice if this could be added (or restored).. 🙂

What is the downside/issue using ICAO WPs? Is there some benefit to these LNM thingies? Or are they just custom GPS coordinate WP's?

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

1 minute ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Or are they just custom GPS coordinate WP's?

That is what they are.. It allows for much finer flightplan increments..  Think "User Waypoints"

Bert

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

That is what they are.. It allows for much finer flightplan increments..  Think "User Waypoints"

Got it thanks. Just downloaded the program but need to install. Use Foreflight but no way to just import unfortunately. Seems would be useful for the "missing" WP's have found on many IAP's.

Wanted to express my thanks as well to the people behind this mod, tbh I never had any interest in flying bizjets in any shape or form.  I either fly GA or airliners but this mod certainly has changed that, can't stop flying this bird as its systems are so satisfying to become familiar with.  So thanks again for the time and effort being put into this!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, romoni said:

But a new oroblem: Has anybody idea that about how I can delete on FMC -> Route Menu -> Wrong Pilot ID (SimBriefF)? Some reason it's gone totally wrong and I can't change it.

I tryed search all files in Flight Simulator folders and found nothing - I deleted Working Title mod an re-start a computer and ran sim again and shut down FS. After that I re-installed Working Title mod and started sim. As I check a Route Page there is my Pilot ID a coordinates of the ESMS airport and I can't change it to correct SimBrief Pilot ID. It is some where in deep into sim. Any help? I have Steam version.

Rolf Niemi

1 hour ago, romoni said:

I tryed search all files in Flight Simulator folders and found nothing - I deleted Working Title mod an re-start a computer and ran sim again and shut down FS. After that I re-installed Working Title mod and started sim. As I check a Route Page there is my Pilot ID a coordinates of the ESMS airport and I can't change it to correct SimBrief Pilot ID. It is some where in deep into sim. Any help? I have Steam version.

On the FMC go to IDX -> Page 2 and select MOD SET to get into mod settings menu. Enter your correct pilot id and press the button next to the simbrief id. You can also delete or by hitting clr/del and then clicking the select button next to the ID.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

25 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

On the FMC go to IDX -> Page 2 and select MOD SET to get into mod settings menu. Enter your correct pilot id and press the button next to the simbrief id. You can also delete or by hitting clr/del and then clicking the select button next to the ID.

Thank You but I did those trick before I asked here. I can't delete the wrong ID and I can't enter a new ID - that is the odd problem.

Rolf Niemi

Just wondering, is there anyway to save the PFD and ND setting, map type, terrain on, zoom level, etc for future flights or can I modify something in the community folder to default it?

So what is major suspect of CTD? I have managed to make several successful flight before experienced another CTD. All flight with new build X.8.3 were by stock MSFS flight planner. Does Simbrief generate less CTD?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I had a CTD today immediately after take off.  Based on someone's observation in another thread on this forum I disabled the WT G3000 mod (and the Gx mod for good measure) and was able to fly the exact same flight with no CTD.  I'm going to test further.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 hours ago, bendead said:

Just wondering, is there anyway to save the PFD and ND setting, map type, terrain on, zoom level, etc for future flights or can I modify something in the community folder to default it?

Yes, there are three MEM buttons. Short press recalls the settings and long hold saves the current setup of the MFD into the memory slot.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

So what is major suspect of CTD? I have managed to make several successful flight before experienced another CTD. All flight with new build X.8.3 were by stock MSFS flight planner. Does Simbrief generate less CTD?

MSFS flight planner (entering anything beyond spawn departure airport) and WT G3000 are only common denomenators have experienced. Obviously this is compounded by other mods so talking baseline.

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

There is no consensus. All I know for certain is that the CJ4 mod by itself does not directly cause a CTD. I know this because a large majority of people using the mod do not experience CTDs, myself included.

However, people on various threads on various forums and on our discord have said the following things stopped their CTDs:

-Rolling back NVidia Driver

-Not using FP Sync

-Removing Navigraph Data

-Removing Navigraph Simlink

-Removing 3rd party scenery

-Not using the world map other than to specify departure point

-Not using simbrief import and instead using LNM to import to the world map

-Not using LNM import to world map and instead using simbrief to import to the world map

-Not using either LNM or Simbrief on the world map, but instead using the simbrief FMC import

-Disabling processor overclock

-Disabling GPU overclock

-Disabling live weather

-Disabling Rex

-Disabling live traffic

-Disabling AI traffic

-Disabling rolling cache

-Removing FSUIPC

-Removing mod XYZ from their community folder

-stopping the 'SysMain' service and put it on Manual instead of automatic

We have provided Asobo with many crash dumps and they report that in each dump we've provided, including a number from people in this thread, none of them point to anything related to the plane causing the CTD, but rather a failure of some drawing of something - at an airport or scenery related - I don't have the exact specifics.

At least one person has reported each of these solutions to us - that by doing one or more of the things above they now don't get CTDs in the CJ4 anymore. I think the conclusion we're coming to is that there is no pattern and no specific thing we can do to eliminate the crashes, which is unfortunate, but reality as of today. Clearly some of the "solutions" are contradictory. How one person can say "I don't get CTD if I use the world map for LNM import" and then someone else comes along and says the opposite is what is causing their problem...

We will continue to look at and review CTD reports, we will continue sharing info with Asobo in hopes of finding a smoking gun, but in the meantime we will continue adding features and capabilities for the majority of users that aren't experiencing CTDs.

We continue to advise not using the FP Sync feature since it does try to sync nav data back to the sim that is more detailed in our FMC than in the game flight plan, but at the same time, people do use it and aren't getting CTDs...

I wish I had something more definitive to say, but I do not.

Edited by cwburnett

33 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Yes, there are three MEM buttons. Short press recalls the settings and long hold saves the current setup of the MFD into the memory slot.

Working great, thanks 😉

Also, Is it possible to change the zoom level without going inside the PFD menu?

Edited by bendead