Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Working Title CJ4 v0.8.0 - OPEN BETA - RNAV/LPV, VNAV, FADEC

had the same issue with a previous version of WorkingTitle CJ4.

typical procedure: remove all other freeware addon liveries and aircraft temporarily from community folder. use latest CJ4 WorkingTitle  v0.83

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

@Ricardo41 Because I had the same problem I filed the issue to GitHub ......

During my flights I had all WT mods - G1000/G3000/CJ4 and the A32NX activ (in the community folder).

After removing all mods, except CJ4 of course - no CTD anymore.

I got an answer from a teammate: as far as he could try it out - WT G3000 is the candidat for a possible conflict.

You may try it out, if you have other WT mods activ too.....   

Best regards and merry christmas - stay healthy

Edit: and as @turbomax prescribes - liveries. Even the newest liveries fom Asobo in the VR-Update - conflicting with FADEC from WT (according to the changelogs from WT CJ4)

Edited by stratone
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stratone said:

@Ricardo41

Even the newest liveries fom Asobo in the VR-Update - conflicting with FADEC from WT (according to the changelogs from WT CJ4)

I don't miss those liveries, unfortunately the ugliest available 😞

happy christmas, flying, enjoying MSFS, new year and so on ....

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Only the Working Title 0.8 update and an additional livery was in my community folder. Created a flight plan, using the default MSFS flight planner, which I then loaded into the FMS. No crashes. I had other issues, but the sim didn't crash. 

A lot of folks are still reporting crashes, though, so I'm not holding my breath. 

This release has great features but also seems to be the least stable. Here's hoping for quick updates.

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Created a flight plan, using the default MSFS flight planner, which I then loaded into the FMS.

Can you help me with the steps to load the flight plan into the FMS?

If I start up the CJ4 without the mods, the MSFS flightplan is active, but with the mods, there is no flightplan to be found..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Bert, I'm not near my pc to verify, but click on the FMS index button, then click to page 2, select pilot routes, then click the option that says "game".  This is not verbatim but should be close enough to get you there.

Edited by curt1
Clarity

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Can you help me with the steps to load the flight plan into the FMS?

If I start up the CJ4 without the mods, the MSFS flightplan is active, but with the mods, there is no flightplan to be found..

I'm away from my pc, but it's something like index - page 2 - route menu - click left next to flightplan game, or something to that effect. 

(like the above poster said, I just noticed).

1 hour ago, curt1 said:

Bert, I'm not near my pc to verify, but click on the FMS index button, then click to page 2, select pilot routes, then click the option that says "game".  This is not verbatim but should be close enough to get you there.

Thanks, that works 🙂.

But it leaves me with two questions..

1. Where is the documentation that I do not seem to have

2. Since this import only loaded the airports, but not the intermediate waypoints in my flightplan... should I fly the CJ4 without the mods if I would like to fly the detailed flightplan?

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Bert,

Load in the mod!

I would suggest watching 

Its long, but theres lots of timestamps, so you can skip to the important bits. 

The version in the video doesn't have working VNAV, but thats easy enough if you have any experience with VNAV.    

My experience is you should NOT load the flight plan in the Main Menu in MSFS as that causes CTDs for myself and many others.    Just load your departure airport, get your flight plan through Simbrief, and load it in your self.  

Its a blast! 

Edited by JughedJones

46 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Thanks, that works 🙂.

2. Since this import only loaded the airports, but not the intermediate waypoints in my flightplan... should I fly the CJ4 without the mods if I would like to fly the detailed flightplan?

Not sure why it didn't load the intermediate waypoints, it will normally.  The CJ4  without the mod isn't very satisfying imo.  You can download a general normal procedure file from their website, or better yet watch youtube videos.  Search for CJ4 mod as there are plenty of videos to learn from.

Thanks, that works 🙂.

Bert, I would recommend reading the release notes (this has the latest details on flight plan options), as well as checking out the interim SoP documentation that covers the process for importing simbrief into the FMC directly.

If you go to our main page and scroll down, you will see links to the mods which have release notes, as well as links to some documents.

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages 

In the CJ4 docs, you'll see about half way down a link to an SoP document that can be helpful.

We are also developing a FAQ, which can be accessed on the wiki tab at the link above.

We suspect that something related to syncing the game flight plan with the FMC is causing CTDs for some people. While many don't experience this, some do and for those that do, specifying only the departure airport in the world map seems to solve it for them. We are working with Asobo to track it down as it seems that we are somehow triggering an unrelated bug that causes the CTD. So I would recommend making a simbrief plan and importing it or manually entering it, like with the GTN in P3D.

It is odd that when you did the fpln recall though you didn't get the full plan, I've not heard that one before. If you use fpln recall it should pull either your full simbrief plan or your MSFS map plan, depending on which you select in the FMC.

• Upvote 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

43 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

It is odd that when you did the fpln recall though you didn't get the full plan, I've not heard that one before. If you use fpln recall it should pull either your full simbrief plan or your MSFS map plan, depending on which you select in the FMC.

I selected the MSFS flight plan which does show up correctly on the VFR map.

When loaded into the FMC, only the airports remain, and all the intermediate waypoints are dropped.

Bert

43 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

When loaded into the FMC, only the airports remain, and all the intermediate waypoints are dropped.

That MSFS FP will CTD you more often then not. Just had CTD where the only entries were DEP and ARR with entire FP entered manually in FMS. Reloaded the sim with ONLY DEP airport and voila no CTD.

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Mind sharing the route so we can check it out?

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT