Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Working Title CJ4 v0.8.0 - OPEN BETA - RNAV/LPV, VNAV, FADEC

25 minutes ago, curt1 said:

With the latest mod, the throttle levers on the pedestal do not move.

I was going to mention this too.  However I have only seen this happen when I try to use the Virtual-Fly Test & Calibrate software to set up my throttles (TQ6).  If I use the built in MSFS control setups then they work fine for me.

Maybe related is that if I use FSUIPC7 to calibrate my throttle axes the calibration does not work properly with the CJ4.  I have to calibrate my throttle axes in either FSUIPC7 or the Virtual-Fly Test & Calibrate software because the TQ6 has a detent on the throttle axes.  With the CJ4 (and the FBW A320N for that matter) the axes calibration does not work and the full axis is used.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, curt1 said:

I absolutely love this mod, but I'm experiencing something I haven't heard discussed before.  With the latest mod, the throttle levers on the pedestal do not move.  Was a throttle lever lock coded in that I'm not aware of?  Also, the engines show TO when I'm in idle, and Climb mode is no longer available.  Cruise mode is all that annunciates on the display.  Hopefully someone can clue me in as to whether it's a bug or pilot ignorance.

It can be what regis9 said below, but the most common cause is when using a livery that includes a panel.cfg file. FADEC is called by us in panel.cfg, so if you have a livery that overwrites this, it won't work. Check for the livery and the below, for which I recommend having a control profile setup that uses the default in-sim config for the throttles for the CJ4, which you can disable when using other planes where you want to use your external calibration tool.

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

I was going to mention this too.  However I have only seen this happen when I try to use the Virtual-Fly Test & Calibrate software to set up my throttles (TQ6).  If I use the built in MSFS control setups then they work fine for me.

Maybe related is that if I use FSUIPC7 to calibrate my throttle axes the calibration does not work properly with the CJ4.  I have to calibrate my throttle axes in either FSUIPC7 or the Virtual-Fly Test & Calibrate software because the TQ6 has a detent on the throttle axes.  With the CJ4 (and the FBW A320N for that matter) the axes calibration does not work and the full axis is used.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

2 hours ago, cwburnett said:

It can be what regis9 said below, but the most common cause is when using a livery that includes a panel.cfg file. FADEC is called by us in panel.cfg, so if you have a livery that overwrites this, it won't work. Check for the livery and the below, for which I recommend having a control profile setup that uses the default in-sim config for the throttles for the CJ4, which you can disable when using other planes where you want to use your external calibration tool.

That fixed it for me, thank you!  I had two liveries with a panel.cfg file. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the great work, like the fadec works perfect for me.

have a Thrustmaster Hotas TH , i made my own detents to the FS-labs A3XX and use it for the FBW A320.

3D printed a set for the CJ4 used the console to get the values for the CLB  CRS detents .

Edited by westman
  • Like 1

I kept myself away from a CTD for the last 5 flights.

I was consistent by doing the following. Although i don't know which part played a role (if any).

• Navigraph installed.
  • In the map screen, defined only the departure airport and gate.
  • Never pressed shortcut keys (e.g. B for altimeter). Everything done by mouse.
  • Route programmed in FMC completely manually.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

My first two flights in 0.8.1 ended in CTD’s but my third and fourth flights went fine, go figure.

My load process is:

- create a simbrief flight plan

- load the plan into MSFS, changing the departure point from a runway to a parking spot

- import the flightplan from simbrief into the FMS.

- fly normally, including some use of the B button.

Two of my flights were identical, one ended in CTD and one didn’t.  Maybe the debugger that @MattNischan sent me is a miracle cure because I haven’t CTD’d since installing that...kind of like when your car stops making funny noises when you take it to the mechanic lol.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I have the same. The B button is CTD. If I don't use the keyboard then there is no problem.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

Just to say what everyone probably already knows - we are currently working on an update for the CJ4 to make it compatible with sim version 1.12.13.0.

We will post v0.8.2 when we’re done working through the many changes. This was a massive update to the sim and aircraft and there are many changes we need to incorporate to reach compatibility.

Thanks for your patience.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks to WT for your work!!

Al

• Like 1

Thanks for Your great efforts to enhance this Aircraft !!

Looking forward to the update.

I had a flight from EKBI-EGLC yesterday, that worked really fine, despite the SID wasn't interpreted right - but t´s beta so no sour mines here.

Thanks so far  - and don´t forget to enjoy the Holidays with the Family.

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

Thanks for your patience, happy to announce that v0.8.2 of the Working Title CJ4 has been released to address compatibility with sim version 1.12.13.0. Along with a few other small fixes. PLEASE NOTE THE COMMENT ON THE MSFS LIVERY COMPATABILITY.

Get it here: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/cj4-v0.8.2

Working Title CJ4 v0.8.2 Changes

Welcome to the Working Title CJ4 v0.8.2. This is a point release to address compatibility with MSFS 1.12.13.0 (VR Update).

Installation

Installation is easy, simply copy the workingtitle-aircraft-cj4 folder inside the zip file to your MSFS Community folder.

Important: We recommend that you fully delete the previous workingtitle-aircraft-cj4 folder before copying this release.

Default Livery Conflicts

The alternate default liveries that now ship with MSFS are not compatible with the CJ4 yet at this time. They currently ship with panel.cfg files that do not include our FADEC module. Please use the standard livery or a known compatible 3rd party or community livery.

Remarks to flight plan synchronization between the Game and FMS

Our recommendation is to keep FP Sync off.
You can still "file" your flight plan to ATC by entering it in the world map of MSFS and it will remain visible to ATC/VFR.

To then load the plan into the FMS you can either enter it manually or use the FPLN RECALL (GAME/SB) option in IDX -> PAGE2 -> ROUTE MENU

Due to the increased accuracy and capabilities of the FMC managed flight plan, you may find that the sync to the game does not always work as expected or does not reflect the FMC flight plan.

KEY FEATURES

• Compatibility with MSFS 1.12.13.0

FMC

• Fixed an issue where FPLN and LEGS would not show modifications unless the page was changed under certain conditions
  • FMC should now be able to continue to be used even on page error in most circumstances

Flight Plan Import

• Fixed an issue where game flight plans with blank ICAO legs would cause the plan to fail to load
  • Simbrief plans with 3 letter ICAO airports prefixed with K should now properly load

⚠️ Known Issues

• Sync to the game flightplan (ATC/VFR Map) is very much work in progress and turned off by default. You can enable this feature in MOD SETTINGS on the FMC.
  • Some external applications that use the GPS/Flight plan SimVars may not function correctly or as expected.
  • Loading and saving flights can have bad results.
  • Custom liveries can render FADEC inoperative if they ship with a panel.cfg. You must uninstall them or remove their panel.cfg from the livery folder. This is a limitation of the Asobo livery system.
  • Autopilot modes cannot be triggered via key bindings or controllers and must currently be triggered in the cockpit with the mouse.
  • TOD sometimes will flash on the PFD during an approach.
  • Sometimes a heading to altitude instruction on takeoff will display further than the first RNAV fix on an RNAV departure procedure; in these cases the workaround is to cross-check the DP chart and remove the erroneous waypoint either by deleting the heading to altitude fix or dropping the first RNAV fix onto the magenta line in the LEGS page.
  • Due to sim autopilot bank rate limitations, the aircraft may overshoot on certain RNP approaches with tight turns. If you encounter this, we recommend hand flying the approach with the given lateral and vertical guidance.
  • Sometimes when turning more than 90 degrees onto an approach segment, VNAV might give a NOPATH condition because it sees that you are too high. Engage FLC or VS and descend down and it should recapture the path.
  • Very long legs may display some constant cross track deviation on the map and course needles. The plane will still track properly towards the fix. This will be addressed later in the beta.
  • The FMS now builds turn anticipation into direct-to course projection. However, you will still encounter some overshoot beyond 90 or so degrees.
  • If for whatever reason, you find that VNAV is not behaving as expected, try and turn it off and on again.

🎅 Have fun! 🎅

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2