Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Working Title CJ4 v0.8.0 - OPEN BETA - RNAV/LPV, VNAV, FADEC

2 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

The latest official version is v0.8.3 available via our github here: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/cj4-v0.8.3

The discord temp build, which is v0.8.3b-beta1 is the CTD test build and should ONLY be used by people actively testing CTD behavior.

Right.  He said that the other issues I listed had been fixed in the "hotfix" well I am currently using version 8.3 with those issues so I was just confused what he was referring to.

Jevon 

1 hour ago, Novej757 said:

1.  Whenever I load a flightplan from simbrief or route page on the FMC the route loads perfect, but the airport frequencies on the Frequency page are usually wrong or 000.00.  Only way I can avoid this is to load the entire flight plan manually.

2.  Can Vnav/Approach mode be used on visual approaches created in FMC or is it just for lateral reference? If so is there a way to calculate the gp intercept altitude for the waypoint thats created at whatever distance you choose?

3.  I still get the sudden altitude changes whenever the baro changes above FL180

All in all great job, can't wait to see what you guys have in store next!!! 

1. There shouldn't be any difference between how the plan is loaded, but there are a lot of airports where the freq data is incomplete, especially with third party add-ons. This is especially true for ILS frequencies, which can be frustrating. I always verify them on the chart in advance and confirm it is set in TUN. If it is repeatable with the same airport working when manually entered, but not on simbrief import, please make a github issue so we can investigate and fix. https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/issues

2. VNAV/LNAV can be used, but not APPR mode (in the real aircraft). It may work right now in v0.8.2, but better to just use LNAV/VNAV. The intercept altitude would be dependent on what you have your VNAV FPA set for. If it is 3 degrees, then you can calculate it - 320 feet per NM. So at 5 NM you would want to be at landing elevation  + (320 * 5), or 1,600' AGL.

3. There's nothing to be done about this in the mod. As long as the weather engine makes abrupt atmospheric pressure changes, this will happen.

• Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Wow...just wow.....this is beyond excellent....Many thanks for this offering....only thing that would make this better would be if Asobo ever gets instant replay going.....

• Like 2

Just finished another great flight in the CJ4.  Nassau to Miami, dusk with scattered clouds, and the CJ4 that makes me grin with how immersive it is.  So satisfying to fly and I just can't stop bragging about it!

• Like 3

Again removing FBW320 and G3000 mod I did successful 2 flights. Today however I put FBW320 back and experienced CTD departing KATL (leaving  6000 climbing 16000). As usually CTD preceded fps freezes. In fact all CTD I ever had with CJ4 beta were in climb! I now start to see a pattern (in my case)

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I’ve started keeping all mods (including freeware scenery) outside of the community folder other than the ones I’m using for a given flight.  I don’t want to jinx it but so far I have not had a CTD since I started doing this.  I’ve gotten into the habit of running the excellent MSFS addon linker app to configure my mods before each flight.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Again removing FBW320 and G3000 mod I did successful 2 flights. Today however I put FBW320 back and experienced CTD departing KATL (leaving  6000 climbing 16000). As usually CTD preceded fps freezes. In fact all CTD I ever had with CJ4 beta were in climb! I now start to see a pattern (in my case)

All CTD's stopped with latest fix(es), however prior every CTD was in climb as well. They were all logged so Asobo has the data or at least access to it via the dump files.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

OK with or without FBW320 CJ4 crashed twice in a raw today departing KATLS with MSFS generated high altitude plan to TNCM. First time departing runway 8L second 26L. Twice it crashed approaching 13000 and as usually freeze before crash. I did edit flight plan deleted discontinuities and selected departure and preselected destination approach. That is 100 out of 100 percent CJ4 always crashes in climb. Also I do have AI handling radio if it could cause anything. 

25 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

OK with or without FBW320 CJ4 crashed twice in a raw today departing KATLS with MSFS generated high altitude plan to TNCM. First time departing runway 8L second 26L. Twice it crashed approaching 13000 and as usually freeze before crash. I did edit flight plan deleted discontinuities and selected departure and preselected destination approach. That is 100 out of 100 percent CJ4 always crashes in climb. Also I do have AI handling radio if it could cause anything. 

Again, with MSFS FP's CTD has always been result. Have never had a MSFS FP that terminated otherwise with this 🙂

SOP is to ONLY enter departure airport, and then manually create FP. Not a single CTD since.

• Upvote 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

23 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Again, with MSFS FP's CTD has always been result. Have never had a MSFS FP that terminated otherwise with this 🙂

SOP is to ONLY enter departure airport, and then manually create FP. Not a single CTD since.

me too 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

What app do you use to generate FP?

Guys, please go over to WT's Discord. Discussion of possible causes of  CTDs has advanced way past of what is being rehashed here. 

• Like 1

In my quest to fly this accurately, I have two questions.

1. What is the method used to calculate the proper trim for takeoff?  If I have 4 passengers, 200lb. of cargo plus the default load of fuel, then is there a calculation I can make to set this accurately?

2. I have several Simbrief flight plans downloaded for the CJ4.  How does the mod select the appropriate one when I want to import it into the FMS?  For example, I wanted to fly from Terre Haute, IN but simbrief kept importing a saved flight in Texas.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.  

Edited by curt1
correction

1 hour ago, curt1 said:

In my quest to fly this accurately, I have two questions.

1. What is the method used to calculate the proper trim for takeoff?  If I have 4 passengers, 200lb. of cargo plus the default load of fuel, then is there a calculation I can make to set this accurately?

2. I have several Simbrief flight plans downloaded for the CJ4.  How does the mod select the appropriate one when I want to import it into the FMS?  For example, I wanted to fly from Terre Haute, IN but simbrief kept importing a saved flight in Texas.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.  

1. Anywhere in the green bar should be good. I tend to go lower in the green bar (more ANU) if heavy or CG is to the front

2. The FMC connects directly to simbrief, you don't need to download anything. It loads whatever flightplan is your current active OFP on simbrief. So when you generate OFP, then that one is the one the FMC will pull. Then for your next flight generate another OFP and then the FMC will pull that one. You can always verify your active simbrief profile my going to "MY BRIEFING" in Simbrief

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT