Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Take the test boys and girls!

And if it gets out of hand,  you know what happens then! :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

You can probably deduce my answers to a few of the questions if I simply state.......modern society is going too far down the "politically correct" avenue, and pandering far too much to the outspoken few.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

33 minutes ago, Chock said:

Erm, nope, you need a serious look in the mirror. For starters, it was in fact you who first had a pop at my recommendation that using Tai Chi could help a fellow forum member get over a back injury, you jumped in to that and started commenting that one of my interests was nonsense, which was not only completely unrelated to why I recommended it, but aggressive and also incorrect anyway. Go back and check, you started that one yourself and a look at the chronology of the thread will confirm that.

No that's not true Chock. Not a at all did I claim Tai Chi couldn't help an individual with a back injury. It was the suggestion that speed was developed through super slow movements I disagreed with. Rather than correcting me and pointing out that you trained for speed plus slow movements for coordination, you responded negatively. Believing that a concept somebody believes in is "nonsense" isn't insulting that individual, its simply disagreeing with the concept which we all have a right to do.  

Now you start pushing repeated attempts to make what you think are jokes about my apparent need for therapy, and I'm all for a joke, even a poor one, however when I posted a completely heartfelt and true tale about why this is not the case, which included going into personal details about a bereavement of one of my parents, you again respond to it completely inappropriately by seeing it as another opportunity to take the p*ss, instead of recognising it as the subtle and entirely friendly hint it was for you to knock it off.

You aren't being singled out though Chock. I responded exactly the same way to another forum member, regarding my light-hearted, fictions therapy business. 

As for personnel details about bereavement, to be honest, I was on my phone, and didn't thoroughly read the  lengthy post. So didn't notice that at all. For that, I'm prepared to apologise profusely. Again, I didn't notice it, Just rapidly scanned it.

I honestly and truly meant the reply as a humorous exchange, I am not the sort of person that would deliberately "take the p*iss" as you put it. I've been on the forum quite a while, since 2008 I recall, thought you'd have realised that by now.

Edited by martin-w

2 minutes ago, martin-w said:

No that's not true Chock. Not a at all did I claim Tai Chi couldn't help an individual with a back injury. It was the suggestion that speed was developed through super slow movements I disagreed with. Rather than correcting me and pointing out that you trained for speed plus slow movements for coordination, you responded negatively. Believing that a concept somebody believes in is "nonsense" isn't insulting that individual, its simply disagreeing with the concept which we all have a right to do.  

You aren't being singled out though Chock. I responded exactly the same way to another forum member, regarding my light-hearted, fictions therapy business. 

As for personnel details about bereavement, to be honest, I was on my phone, and didn't thoroughly read the entire, lengthy post. So didn't notice that at all. For that, I'm prepared to apologise profusely. Again, I didn't notice it, Just scanned it.

I honestly and truly meant the reply as a humorous exchange, I am not the sort of person that would deliberately "take the p*iss" as you put it. I've been on the forum quite a while, since 2008 I recall, thought you'd have realised that by now.

It's cool. Don't fret about it, if you didn't mean that, then you have nothing to apologise for. 🙂

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 minute ago, Chock said:

It's cool. Don't fret about it, if you didn't mean that, then you have nothing to apologise for. 🙂

👍

2 hours ago, martin-w said:

Biologically there are only two genders. Psychologically, there are more than two.

Yeah, I know. "Scientists" have been "discovering" genders for a while now. How many are there now? 50? 

• Upvote 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

26 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

.modern society is going too far down the "politically correct" avenue, and pandering far too much to the outspoken few.

No doubt about that. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Human beings are fundamentally inclined to be horrible to those who they see as weak or different. History is bursting with examples of such behaviour and the present day is not short of instances either. The "political correctness" movement is no more or less than a clumsy attempt to address the imbalance, as proposed  by those who support it and as decried by those that do not. The "pendulum" is rarely in the middle and its position is defined by the times. It has always been the same and always will be until we humans are no more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Male 61.3% Err. wrong! 100% red-blooded heterosexual male here.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much. (I just made that up) 😀

• Like 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Regardless, I feel secure in my sexuality :tongue:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

4 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Regardless, I feel secure in my sexuality :tongue:

Whatever it may be. At the end of the day as long as it isn't done in the street and scares the horses. (Dang! I'm good today. I just made that one up as well.)

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

The gender test questions would appear to be interchangeable with an "Attitude to my fellow human beings" test. The assumption that this behaviour is gender specific is probably naive at the very least. Having reached an age at which other peoples' perceptions of me are less important to me than they once were, I am willing to state that it identified me as 50-50. I am happy with that, given the preconceptions built into the questions.

Edited by Reader

30 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Yeah, I know. "Scientists" have been "discovering" genders for a while now. How many are there now? 50? 

Wel, genetics, neurobiology and endocrinology are clearly very complex. Add human psychology to the mix and you are dealing with a concept that is even more complex.

Certainly not as straightforward a many believe. 

The obviously loaded question about genders is typical of the woke vision of things in the US (it has not reachef Europe much yet). It is not just only slightly ridiculous. The consequences can be dreadful.  It brings some unhinged parents and unethical doctors  to feel right  to administer puberty blockers to young children who are supposed to be dysphoric.  

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Upvote 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam