Sign in to follow this  
hvw

CTDs after December 2020 update

43 minutes ago, Millingp said:

Thanks I already tried that - made no difference - still CTD's.

Sorry to hear so. Did you also try to have all 3rd party add-ons removed from the community folder to see if that brings any improvement?

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

1 minute ago, DAD said:

Back to 456.71 as well and a flight finished in stable modded neo from LOWW to EKCH. Multiplayer and any air traffic still off though, same with photogrammetry. Still happy though after various CTDs before after the Dec 22 update 

Great, Phil. I did a few short flights today plus an EDDK-LGAV without any problems, apart from ATC wanting me to go all over the world :). Wished I could disable that traffic uncontroller 🙂

I am now running on the latest NVidia driver and the rolling cache has been disabled. No loss in performance whatsoever and no CTDs. I use the stable version of FBW A320Neo, when I use the latest mod version some entries in the FLTPLN are going up in smoke for no apparent reason. I am happy as is with the stable version. 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

4 hours ago, hvw said:

Great, Phil. I did a few short flights today plus an EDDK-LGAV without any problems, apart from ATC wanting me to go all over the world :). Wished I could disable that traffic uncontroller 🙂

I am now running on the latest NVidia driver and the rolling cache has been disabled. No loss in performance whatsoever and no CTDs. I use the stable version of FBW A320Neo, when I use the latest mod version some entries in the FLTPLN are going up in smoke for no apparent reason. I am happy as is with the stable version. 

That’s good news. I’m not sure I want to go through the trouble to find that doesn’t work. I may just stick with the earlier driver for now. 

4 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

That’s good news. I’m not sure I want to go through the trouble to find that doesn’t work. I may just stick with the earlier driver for now. 

Probably the best thing to do 🙂 . As long as it works great for you, why change drivers anyway 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

I'm also having incessant CTD's today, I have been able to complete flights over the past few days but today I'm 0/5 trying to do the same short flight.  I'm already on nVidia Driver 457.51, I disabled the rolling cache, and every single flight today ends with a CTD around 5-10 minutes into the flight.  I don't have any mods that I didn't have yesterday when things were working.  I also had another weird issue today where I got an error message "warning your packages are out of date", though a restart fixed that.  There's a lot of people having this issue today and on the main forum it was mentioned by a mod that they are having intermittent server issues today.  What are the odds that a server issue could be causing all of these CTDs?

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.12.13.0, time stamp: 0x5fda3fe4
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.12.13.0, time stamp: 0x5fda3fe4
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000011793a
Faulting process ID: 0x21a8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6dc8fed5a790b
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Chucky\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Chucky\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: 151d5d8f-7217-4657-9552-ae70e091d6ae
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. My issue had a different fault offset, best thing to do in my opinion, is to file a bug report with Zendesk. They are pretty fast in responding and most probably can put you into the right direction to resolver matters, too.

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Thanks, I’ve been testing and testing (flying the same route again and again with things removed then adding them back in) and have managed to fly it without a CTD a few times.  I’m getting close to having everything that I had enabled when I had the CTD’s back in again so we’ll see what happens in the next few flights.  The odd thing is that everything I’m about to add back in was enabled yesterday when I didn’t have this issue so go figure.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Just got a CTD on approach to ORBX Burbank. It was a awesome experience doing the approach in the soup only for the sim to CTD at the FAF. Sucks!

BTW, Nvidia driver 460.79

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

7 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Just got a CTD on approach to ORBX Burbank. It was a awesome experience doing the approach in the soup only for the sim to CTD at the FAF. Sucks!

BTW, Nvidia driver 460.79

Did you disable your rolling cache and/or rolled back your NVidia driver? Did help me a lot and from that moment on CTD free

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

15 hours ago, regis9 said:

Thanks, I’ve been testing and testing (flying the same route again and again with things removed then adding them back in) and have managed to fly it without a CTD a few times.  I’m getting close to having everything that I had enabled when I had the CTD’s back in again so we’ll see what happens in the next few flights.  The odd thing is that everything I’m about to add back in was enabled yesterday when I didn’t have this issue so go figure.

After many hours of testing yesterday I think I’ve narrowed it down a strange combination of mods and user error that are giving me a CTD.  The core issue is that when i last reinstalled the GNS530 mod i added in my own configuration file but left the “example” file in place as well.  In addition to this, For the CTD to happen, the various Working Title mods need to be installed plus the interface for my RealSimGear hardware must be activated.  This combination will result in a ctd nearly right away.  After I removed the extra configuration file the issued seem to go away...I’ll need to do some more testing to confirm.  

Dave

I just finished a flight in the CJ4 (un-mod-ed) from KEGE to KPSP with live (very bad) weather and Palm Springs was totally covered with giant clouds.
The flight time was 2,5h-ish and no CTD here. Rolling cache enabled but cleaned after the 12-22 update. Nvidia version: 3.20.5.70.

I think this ( should not ) have not that mutch to do with the newest Graficarddriver, i still use 452.06 and this is good for my config as i am on a RTX 2080 SUPER but if you go on

a30XX cards i would us newer driver because they more fitted to that kind of cards.

But for CTD`s and driver; i dont think so..thats mostly related to other problems..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Just finished LOWW to EKCH with stable modded neo, live weather, multiplayer and live traffic on. All with 456.71 (or was it 457.71?). Anyway, no CTDs! Rolling cache disabled anyway btw. 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

39 minutes ago, hvw said:

Did you disable your rolling cache and/or rolled back your NVidia driver? Did help me a lot and from that moment on CTD free

Why would turning off rolling cache prevent CTDs?

I also have a lean install of win 10 20K update. I might try a different driver. Which is the most stable?

I did the flight again because my settings were initially at ultra. I also have a bunch of mods for the west coast of the USA. For the flight back to KSBA I chose my fav weather theme and had zero issues.

1st flight

gAWzniB.png

J73MzKw.png

Going back

yFn9qtJ.png

UHIWoxh.png

No matter the weather this sim is beautiful and worth the aggravation. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

52 minutes ago, regis9 said:

After many hours of testing yesterday I think I’ve narrowed it down a strange combination of mods and user error that are giving me a CTD.  The core issue is that when i last reinstalled the GNS530 mod i added in my own configuration file but left the “example” file in place as well.  In addition to this, For the CTD to happen, the various Working Title mods need to be installed plus the interface for my RealSimGear hardware must be activated.  This combination will result in a ctd nearly right away.  After I removed the extra configuration file the issued seem to go away...I’ll need to do some more testing to confirm.  

Great ! I hope you will have plenty of safe and CTD free flights from now on.

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe