Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

Trinidad TB21 for MSFS

Thanks for heads-up, @69Yanks!

Swapping the 2D xml gauges to 3D gauges is actually a game changer in terms of performance (beside the looks of course) - get this:

- v3.6 (2D gauges): 32fps on stock ELLX

- v4.0 (3D gauges): 56fps in the same place.

Wow 😵

Edited by apollon01
  • Like 1

Performance is great now, however the HSI is broken (neither LOC nor GS indicated - needles dead) as is VOR1 (GS not indicating). LOC is OK for VOR1 and VOR2.

I will get in touch with Bill and ask him for a fix.

8 minutes ago, apollon01 said:

Performance is great now, however the HSI is broken (neither LOC nor GS indicated - needles dead) as is VOR1 (GS not indicating). LOC is OK for VOR1 and VOR2.

I will get in touch with Bill and ask him for a fix.

I just sent him a list of things. Is your audio panel working?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Altimeter is also broken and only moves in .17 increments so the only way to set barometer us ing "B"...engine  modeling seems waaay off as well.

I thought it was supposed to be turbo? Seems to have trouble just maintaining 25MP after takeoff?

On the bright side they fixed the issue with the comm radio not lighting up on the saitek panel.

Fly's nice & smooth but there are some serious fde issues here regarding engine power and drag too.

..weird flyer, IMO.

Edited by hangar

29 minutes ago, hangar said:

Altimeter is also broken and only moves in .17 increments so the only way to set barometer us ing "B"...engine  modeling seems waaay off as well.

I thought it was supposed to be turbo? Seems to have trouble just maintaining 25MP after takeoff?

On the bright side they fixed the issue with the comm radio not lighting up on the saitek panel.

Fly's nice & smooth but there are some serious fde issues here regarding engine power and drag too.

..weird flyer, IMO.

Had to use the b key to set alt.

The fuel selector seems incorrect. You cannot toggle to the left and the right toggle is two increments. Appears off center.

On 5/14/2021 at 3:32 PM, 69Yanks said:

The fuel selector seems incorrect. You cannot toggle to the left and the right toggle is two increments. Appears off center.

Bill told me use the mouse wheel because the right mouse button does not work in msfs. 

Edited by 69Yanks
Edit

V4.0 is really a game changer ... I started flying VR a month ago and had put the TB-21GT in the back of the hangar, but with the performance boost it now is one of my favorite GA planes in VR for these flights where I need a Garmin.

On 5/14/2021 at 7:50 PM, hangar said:

engine  modeling seems waaay off as well.

Yes, the engine definition is very wrong, I've fixed it in my mod based on the POH. I've made contact with Bill, I'll now try to convince him to include my modifications but until then you may try my mod :

https://flightsim.to/file/11511/moulinsart-trinidad-tb-21-gt-plus-requires-the-lhc-trinidad-tb-21-gt

9 hours ago, apollon01 said:

Today's v4.1 update addresses the HSI and VOR1 issues.

Oh nice. Still not available on Justflight, but thanks for the news.

Haddock

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 5:52 PM, sd_flyer said:

Have the same feeling

There eyebrow rising disclimber

"

BUGS AND ISSUES:

Presently Doors are inoperative.  This is a known Asobo issue and hopefully repaired soon.
Some flashing from materials might appear at certain angles of sunlight.  This should be updated soon.
The instrument panel lights are 'always on' at night.  Asobo presently do not have a way to turn off 2D XML Instrumentation that feature light mapping.  Hopefully this will be updated soon in the simulator.
You 'might' need to use Control-E for engine starts.  A bug that is industry wide is reporting starting issues on some addon planes wsome computers."

Edit: Nevermind. Didn't realize how old the first page was

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

2 minutes ago, styckx said:

Sounds like another SimMarket special. At least these developers are up front about the problems and qwirks

This looks like the release notes of the initial version from Autumn 2020. These issues have long been fixed.

The panel lights still have some weird glitches (sometimes you have to click twice to turn them on, and they will turn off if you go to external view) but no deal-killer. The doors do work, the gauges are not always illuminated anymore, and I start it cold & dark without any issue.

Is the Trinidad worth picking now with these latest updates ?

3 hours ago, Haddock69 said:

This looks like the release notes of the initial version from Autumn 2020. These issues have long been fixed.

The panel lights still have some weird glitches (sometimes you have to click twice to turn them on, and they will turn off if you go to external view) but no deal-killer. The doors do work, the gauges are not always illuminated anymore, and I start it cold & dark without any issue.

"Bright Panel Lights; Gauge/Instrument lights are controlled by a new knob, top right, on pilots instrument pod, has a small light symbol on it.  Turn that up and down for adjustment, dimming.  You can mouse wheel 'and' click."

2 hours ago, Matchstick said:

Is the Trinidad worth picking now with these latest updates ?

The airplane has receive a bunch of updates since its initial release, so I'd say YEAH!

If we compare this level of support to the one we get from Carenado, it's no contest.