Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

Trinidad TB21 for MSFS

Thanks

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

32 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

This looks like an interesting mod for the folks who bought this:

https://flightsim.to/file/11511/moulinsart-trinidad-tb-21-gt-plus-requires-the-lhc-trinidad-tb-21-gt

Yeah I spotted that. This is what he had to say on the MSFS forums:

The Trinidad TB-21 GT for Microsoft Flight Simulator is a nice plane with many qualities … and many issues, the main one being that it’s really a TB-20 (no turbo-compressor), with the manifold pressure never exceeding the outside air pressure.

• The plane is now a TB-21, with a Lycoming TIO-540-AB1AD turbo engine. The max manifold pressure has been set to 32.5 inHg from sea level to 17 000 ft, as described in the PIM for ISA conditions. It will then decrease linearly down to 27.4 inHg at the service ceiling of 25 000 ft. The performance has been tuned to be very close to the official numbers, especially in terms of cruising speeds.
  • New custom-made manifold pressure / fuel flow gauge (DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE WITHOUT PERMISSION) based on a real gauge.
  • New custom-made CHT / TIT gauge (DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE WITHOUT PERMISSION) based on a real gauge. A turbo engine is leaned by using the Turbine Inlet Temperature (TIT) as reference, not the exhaust gas temperature (EGT).
  • TIT is quick to react to mixture changes (unlike CHT), but will lag a couple of seconds behind EGT.
  • A too high TIT can damage the turbo, do not exceed 1650°F.
  • This gauge has been swapped with another one to make it bigger and closer to the pilot, it makes setting a functional custom view easier; see tb21-1.jpg for an example of my flying “position”.
  • The rudder trim wheel between the seats is now active: the “take-off” position will keep the plane from pulling left when full power is applied on the runway. It can also be useful for cross-wind landings, to counter the crosswind effect on the tail of the plane.
  • Fixed the “Weight & Balance” page where the plane’s center of gravity was in the red with the default 50% fuel load.
  • Wing bump map fixed (all liveries) to smooth exaggerated wrinkles on the wings.
  • Wing textures corrected (only for 4X-JES and D_HAUN liveries so far) to remove the rivets that were not aligned with the bump map. The bump map is a much better way to show rivets than the texture.
  • Yokes color corrected to better match the cockpit, for all planes with a dark grey interior, plus 4X-JES (blue interior), and D_HAUN (beige interior). If you know what you’re doing, you can easily copy the yoke textures for other planes.
  • In addition to D-HAUN, the beige interior planes are G-RRFD, N72TX, VH-AXY, I-TALY, N993J.
  • In addition to 4X-JES, the other blue interior plane is G-CANA.
  • The fuel tank selector has a bug: when entering the plane, it shows “left tank” and yet pulls fuel from both tanks, which is not possible in a real TB-21. As soon as you touch it, it will then work Ok for the rest of the flight, pulling from the single selected tank.
  • Bad news: I could not fix this behaviour. However: now when you enter the plane the selector will show “off”; that’s a visual trick only, if you don’t touch it, it will still pull from both tanks. But now when you do your engine-starting routine, you will have a visual reminder to turn it to “left” or “right”.
  • Canopy transparency corrected for “clean” liveries (too dark by default).
  • Dirty canopy transparency corrected for 4X-JES and D_HAUN liveries (too dirty by default). If you want to port the Plexi texture to other planes, the other “dirty canopies” are N7248J, G-CBHA, VH-ARC and 334. VH-BXE has his own outrageaously dirty set of textures, very nicely done.

As we all fly from the left seat, two CPU-heavy instruments were removed from the copilot panel to improve fps; one replaced with a Hobbs meter, the other with a EADS/Socata logo from the time the TB-21 GT were made.

Have fun,
Haddock

• Like 1

Oh yes, I should have posted it too, thank you (though the bulleted list seem to have suffered in the copy/paste 😉). 

Btw, I send a mail to LHC to know if they'd be interested to merge some of my mods back into the offical version, as it woud make everyone life's simpler, no answer yet.

Hello,

I wonder if someone who owns this aircraft could help.

A week or so ago, the autopilot stopped working for me. I'm a very basic user, not really a simmer, so really all I do is gain the desired altitude, click on the AP button, and click on the NAV button (for some reason this also resulted in me maintaining that altitude, despite not clicking the ALT button).

But now, none of those buttons have any effect. They are still clickable, because if I set the altitude using the dial, and then click AP, the altitude reading will clear. But nothing else happens.

I suspect I've activated some other setting that overrides this, but what? Any ideas gratefully received.

On 1/28/2021 at 12:05 AM, Chock said:

The manual has the usual Lionheart annoying bible thumping proselytizing going on, which I can do without.

Agreed. I impulse-bought their Epic Victory awhile back. I remember thinking if the guy had spent more time getting the plane functional and less time worrying about making sure I get right with God's kid, the end product would have been much better. As it was, I didn't use it much so I don't have super-clear memories, but the lighting was a mess, the systems were a joke even by Carenado standards, and it was generally a less-than-stellar product.

I appreciate his willingness to tackle stuff that others aren't touching, like oddball Rutan creations, but the Victory left such a disappointing impression that I haven't bought anything else.

Edited by eslader

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

Hello,

I wonder if someone who owns this aircraft could help.

A week or so ago, the autopilot stopped working for me. I'm a very basic user, not really a simmer, so really all I do is gain the desired altitude, click on the AP button, and click on the NAV button (for some reason this also resulted in me maintaining that altitude, despite not clicking the ALT button).

But now, none of those buttons have any effect. They are still clickable, because if I set the altitude using the dial, and then click AP, the altitude reading will clear. But nothing else happens.

I suspect I've activated some other setting that overrides this, but what? Any ideas gratefully received.

I'm sure you have checked this stuff, but just in case: A few things which may be going on.

First up, make sure you have pressed in the circuit breakers for everything.

IHsmf9Z.png

For GPS Navigation you're either going to need to click on the the GPS/HDG button up in the top left to swap between following the Heading and GPS Nav settings, or you could press the CDI button on the GPS to do this too if you prefer.

bPxukwt.png

On the autopilot, you will need to select NAV or HDG, in order to tally with your navigational preference. For altitude settings, you need to use the dial to put in a preferred altitude, then you will need to click on the ALT button so that FPM displays, then you can use the UP and DOWN buttons to choose a positive or negative rate of climb/descent. With all that chosen, don't forget to turn the autopilot on with the AP button. If you are not climbing but you have dialled an altitude in, it's because you haven't also chosen a rate of climb in feet per minute. That's the bit which catches people out.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Chock, thanks so much for the screenshots and instructions; I'm sorted now.

It was the circuit breakers; I guess they stay in a saved state between flights.

Really appreciate it, thanks again!

Ascending slowly at 300ft per minute, delighted 😀

bhSN0jX.jpg

Edited by Chopper
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, hangar said:

Has the startup procedure been fixed so that you don't need to "control-e" it?

You might be talking about a problem about an early version ? I only bought it recently (last month), but I always start cold & dark and never had any starting issue.

I do not like the cabin style, it is in the way of the view, I find it annoying, so I will pass this aircraft.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Lionheart Creation listens to the customers feedback so he provided fixes for the bugs often reported, like the 3D pilot and transponder in the Trinidad TB21.

Build 3.6 is released. Note of the build 3.6 at the bottom of the page.

http://lionheartsimulations.com/trinidad_tb21_msfs.html

• Upvote 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

20 minutes ago, guibru said:

Lionheart Creation listens to the customers feedback so he provided fixes for the bugs often reported, like the 3D pilot and transponder in the Trinidad TB21.

Build 3.6 is released. Note of the build 3.6 at the bottom of the page.

http://lionheartsimulations.com/trinidad_tb21_msfs.html

oh yea, i can tell you Bill is working hard on this, all his time is devoted to that plane for now, good things are coming.

• Upvote 1

Still only starts with Control+E for me, but in spite of that it is certainly one of the better GA aeroplanes for MSFS.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

24 minutes ago, Chock said:

Still only starts with Control+E for me, but in spite of that it is certainly one of the better GA aeroplanes for MSFS.

I asked about this a few pages back and was given this response...basically saying that this is no longer an issue:

Edited by hangar