Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Speculative: PMDG Update

Anyone remember when Flight came out (2012)...

How lucky are we now 🤣

• Like 2

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

8 hours ago, captain420 said:

What is X-Plane? Never heard of it.

Star Wars flight dynamics simulator.

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

LOL... Why do all these PMDG Posts stray so far off topic?

• Like 1

Chris Camp

1 hour ago, Kilo60 said:

NVM.

Edited by jbdbow1970

9 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

NVM.

Aah!  Neonatal Ventricular Myocytes. 

Pesky things are everywhere.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

12 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

LOL... Why do all these PMDG Posts stray so far off topic?

Several reasons. As there is not a lot of information people start - as the thread suggests - speculating. Then you add all sorts of emotions. Those excited for the 737, those who have beef with PMDG, those who decided there can only be one sim and don't want to see MSFS succeed in that regard ...

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

59 minutes ago, tweekz said:

those who decided there can only be one sim and don't want to see MSFS succeed in that regard ...

...those who decide there can only be one sim and don´t want to see X-Plane succeed in that regard...

(those can be identified by cheesy kiss-word not allowed and cheerleading signatures to their posts 😂)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Janov said:

...those who decide there can only be one sim and don´t want to see X-Plane succeed in that regard...

(those can be identified by cheesy kiss-word not allowed and cheerleading signatures to their posts 😂)

X-Plane has already succeeded... 🤨

If someone is offended by positive comments though, I am really sorry. 😞

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

2 hours ago, tweekz said:

Several reasons. As there is not a lot of information people start - as the thread suggests - speculating. Then you add all sorts of emotions. Those excited for the 737, those who have beef with PMDG, those who decided there can only be one sim and don't want to see MSFS succeed in that regard ...

It's the perfect thread.  Some would call it, 'Thread Art'

Edited by ErichB

Been a while since I’ve posted and I’ve found this post very interesting but just wanted to  add that I personally still run FSX-SE and never made the switch to P3D. I know. I know. Ridiculous!  But let me say this: there was no way that I was gonna fork over hundreds of dollars to have all the addons that I currently have working successfully in FSX in P3D. I just couldn’t justify it. Ya ya. I know. What about the OOM errors? The 64 bit platform? I rarely am bothered with OOM’s and everything just, well, works! The scenery though? Horrible! But that’s not really want I’m interested in. Accurate system simulation is more important to me. 

I upgraded my system recently with the coming of MSFS which I currently own and LOVE!  But, as we all know it has its limitations and issues. If I want to fly VFR, nothing even comes close to MSFS at the moment. If I want to fly long haul in a tube liner I go back to FSX and the PMDG products which are second to none in my opinion.  Same goes for a truly realistic GA aircraft. I own all of the A2A products also and have gotten a ton of enjoyment out of all of them. A lot of money invested for sure in this hobby but nope. No way I was ever gonna pay for a product twice. Glad I didn’t because here we have MSFS and it is the future. We all know that. They’re committed to this over the next 10 years as they say. Will I buy the PMDG and the A2A products when they’re available for this platform? Absolutely! But to have bought them again for a dressed up version of FSX? Are you kidding? I don’t think I’m alone with this sentiment. 

Sorry for maybe being a little off topic from the OP comments by that’s my 2 cents. For what it’s worth. 

Edited by 744 driver
  • Like 3

Mark Adams, KPWM

On 2/2/2021 at 8:46 AM, Drumcode said:

Looking at the Navigraph's survey results, I'd say releasing anything for P3D at this point is a major risk of losing a ton of money. I haven't touched P3D since June of last year personally, good luck with the sales if that's the goal.

I'm confused with comments like this and I see them a lot.  What type of flying are you doing? I'm legitimately curious. If VFR, then I can understand this. But for anyone who likes "Tubeliners" or "Heavies", how can you possibly not still be flying P3D?

8 minutes ago, Bigt said:

But for anyone who likes "Tubeliners" or "Heavies", how can you possibly not still be flying P3D?

I must be against the norm then! 95% of my flying has been in the A32N and I'm having a blast. Haven't touched P3D since September.

• Like 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

10 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

I must be against the norm then! 95% of my flying has been in the A32N and I'm having a blast. Haven't touched P3D since September.

I have no idea what the "norms" are, but ok. Perhaps I will have to give that 320N another look. Last time I tried it, I thought it was a steaming pile of garbage and despite the nice visuals in MFS, it wasn't enough to pull me from my FSLabs or PMDG aircraft. I do feel MFS is the future for what it's worth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigt said:

I have no idea what the "norms" are, but ok. Perhaps I will have to give that 320N another look. Last time I tried it, I thought it was a steaming pile of garbage and despite the nice visuals in MFS, it wasn't enough to pull me from my FSLabs or PMDG aircraft. I do feel MFS is the future for what it's worth.

Admittedly it does still have issues and isn't anywhere near the level of FSLabs. Vertical profile is still hopelessly broken for example. But it improves daily with the work FlyByWire are doing to it. It is a bit more a handful than the FSLabs purely because sometimes it's a bit unpredictable, but it's definitely a very usable aircraft and in my view the better visuals and better performance than P3D make up for the slightly lacking systems depth.

• Like 2

Tom Wright

6 hours ago, 744 driver said:

What about the OOM errors? The 64 bit platform? I rarely am bothered with OOM’s and everything just, well, works! The scenery though? Horrible! But that’s not really want I’m interested in. Accurate system simulation is more important to me. 

That was my main reason for moving. I got fed up with coming in to land at EGLL (or any other big hitter airport) ,flying the PMDG737/747 with Orbx scenery running and hearing the dreaded chimes on approach and then landing in black and white on wire frame runways with no taxiing possible.

Yes it cost. But I am happy with v4.5  and consider it money well spent to have no OoMs.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.