Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Speculative: PMDG Update

@Ray Proudfoot I keep hearing "SDK not complete" but no one ever seems to say how, although I appreciate it's not the SDK is not well documented. Aerosoft's CRJ will be out soon so we'll see what the SDK is capable of, but I suspect by "not complete" what aircraft developers mean is "we have to recode some stuff because the old ways of working don't work, and we'd rather Asobo made the SDK work with our old stuff". I'm very sure PMDG et al will appear in MFS because it's where customers are already moving to in their droves, PMDG have already confirmed quite vocally it's where they'll be focusing their efforts. And once one moves across, the rest will surely follow or fade away. It's a question of when, not if these aircraft appear.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

@ckyliu, the day PMDG or FS Labs announce they are planning on producing their aircraft for MSFS is the day I know the SDK is sufficiently mature to permit development.

In my opinion Aerosoft do not produce aircraft of the same quality so I would never be interested in their products.

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@ckyliu, the day PMDG or FS Labs announce they are planning on producing their aircraft for MSFS is the day I know the SDK is sufficiently mature to permit development.

PMDG announced it will bring its all fleet to MSFS back in August, is that what you mean? FSLabs nothing we heard from them though. 

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

3 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

PMDG announced it will bring its all fleet to MSFS back in August, is that what you mean? FSLabs nothing we heard from them though. 

Perhaps I didn’t phrase that well enough. When the product is available and community response is favourable. As for FSL there’s just a huge silence even over Concorde for P3D. That’s just the way they operate.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, dave belsey said:

That is fine, do that.

Yet you still feel the need to join thread after thread in the MSFS forum.

Dave.

I gave my reasons why I couldn’t move to MSFS. I suggest you think more carefully before having a go at me. This isn’t the first time either.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Perhaps I didn’t phrase that well enough. When the product is available and community response is favourable

Ah I see, this will come 100% sure about it, it is about patience 🙂

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Aerosoft's CRJ will be out soon so we'll see what the SDK is capable of [...]

Not necessary, as Aersoft clearly stated several times that their planes are meant to be used for "normal operations" without any failures and such. Then, I would bet a reasonable amount of money that 

a) "soon" is only "soon" if Aerosoft accepts a half-polished/finished variant of the CRJ with lots of "still to come"

b) "soon" corresponds to the classic Aerosoft marketing blabla, means it can be either in two weeks or two years or everything in between.

Personally, I am pretty convicend that if the CRJ will be released as full blown product with almost all functionality right in the RC, it wont be that much earlier than the PMDG planes. My bet would be in mid Summer, maybe July?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

11 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Personally, I am pretty convicend that if the CRJ will be released as full blown product with almost all functionality right in the RC, it wont be that much earlier than the PMDG planes. My bet would be in mid Summer, maybe July?

Most likely this month

23 minutes ago, AnkH said:

"soon" corresponds to the classic Aerosoft marketing blabla, means it can be either in two weeks or two years or everything in between.

It will be released this month. De facto confirmed. See the CRJ thread.

• Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

As for FSL there’s just a huge silence even over Concorde for P3D.

I think it's a huge shame that they seem to have dropped the Concorde completely. While I understand that there's perhaps more demand for the Airbus family, the Concorde is a timeless classic just screaming out now for an update. If a Concorde ever does come to MSFS I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

10 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

I think it's a huge shame that they seem to have dropped the Concorde completely. While I understand that there's perhaps more demand for the Airbus family, the Concorde is a timeless classic just screaming out now for an update. If a Concorde ever does come to MSFS I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

They haven’t. They’ve announced a version for P3D v4/5 but no further details have been forthcoming. Scroll down to near the end...

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/27773-a320-xa319-xa321-x-update-v501126-now-available-and-happy-holidays/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I wouldn't be surprised if FSL quitely drop or at least postpone the P3D x64 Concorde to move development resources to MFS. Given how long that port/rebuild has taken thus far, I can't see them getting it released in time to see a decent sales return, given the number of people willing to spend on new P3D products seems to be shrinking quite rapidly according to Navigraph. Lefteris says release this year, in which case much work might already be done so they may as well finish it, but we'll see.

I expect PMDG will similarly drop the J41 P3Dx64, and I wouldn't mind that but they probably won't port that to MFS either given how much more work it would be 😭

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

7 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

iven the number of people willing to spend on new P3D products seems to be shrinking quite rapidly according to Navigraph. I mean Lefteris sasy this year, in which case much work might already be done so they may as well finish it, but we'll see.

That is why I am 100% sure again, all these companies will bring their fleets to MSFS no matter what, it is business and you don't want to miss out new stream of revenue, especially that MSFS shares many things with FSX and P3D in terms of Simconnect and SDK. Just look at Milviz, we know they are not MSFS fans (see their stream) but yet they are dropping things to develop for MSFS because they know, P3D is no longer financially viable, they admitted that by themselves in that stream.

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

I absolutely agree with you, with asobo A320-32NX and soon Aerosoft plus some other third parties that are probably working on other model of the Airbus family, it makes sense to make something unique.

I am pretty sure it will sell very well and it's the reason I bought FS2000 a long time ago

The question is when that will happen. I have not used MSFS so far, however from what I have read there is still much work to do. I wouldn't expect that the sim will be there were we all want it before end of 2022.

I will respire when they get the performance run better in the sense, support of DX12 and make use of multi core processors.