Sign in to follow this  
Little_D

Black Screen on GTN750 (GPU & Anti-Virus resolved)

Have attempted to research this issue through this forum and have drawn a blank so far.

I have installed Garmin Trainer 6.21 and this works separately.

Windows 10.

Logs only show the following; ;

21/02/08 17:39:52.269 07664 -    ] # rxpGTN.DLL version 2.5.28.0
21/02/08 17:39:52.269 07664 INFO ] 
21/02/08 17:39:52.384 07664 ERROR] GTN: failed to open simulation
21/02/08 17:39:52.680 07664 INFO ] using: C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\Drivers\PFC\PFCHidReports32.dll

Can i get some further help ? I have verified that the files Quarantined by windows defender have now been reinstated including the above PFCHidReports32.dll

LogTrainer = 7

DebugValue = 1

the FSX standard C172 is being used and a popout window is selected for GTN750 on 1 box only.

It always appears but does not power up.

17 minutes ago, Little_D said:

Have attempted to research this issue through this forum and have drawn a blank so far.

Seriously?  The left is from the RXP flight sim GTN forum and the right is from the RXP xPlane GTN forum.  Three topics in plain sight with Black Screen in the topic title.

image.png.c69fa3966b83132c239b5c004386baee.pngimage.png.57875abb421c98bdab71cedb0ca6c60e.png

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

More specifically... it seems that a recent Windows Update has caused Windows Defender to quarantine an RXP file.  That happened to me also.

C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll

1) restore the file

2) add an exclusion for the folder

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

It seems that a recent Windows Update has caused Windows Defender to quarantine an RXP file.  That happened to me also.

Always check your rxp log files first!!  This is what I found..

21/02/08 05:34:09.679 12552 ERROR] GTN 750.1 process not ready: The specified module could not be found., code: 0000007e
21/02/08 05:34:09.680 12552 ERROR]  check if file is missing or your antivirus: C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll

To fix (In Windows Security):

1) restore the file C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll

2) add an exclusion for the folder C:\ProgramData\Reality XP

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Upvote 1

Bert

fppilot, Seriously, yes, I worked through all of those topics without yielding an answer. Fair enough ?

Bert, I did not see that particular file in the exclusion list but will check. Thank you.

Another weird thing is that if I load the AC11 with GTN it works, select A2A 182 black screen.

Restart P3D v5 start with A2A 182 both GNS and GTN at the same time works. Go figure.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Thank you for the quick report Bert.

This can unfortunately happen sometimes. I'll submit a false-positive report ASAP.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Ok, I have now resolved my issue and the GTN 750 is now showing.

Turns out that my PC was not using the Installed Graphics Card drivers but a Windows 10 native driver.

This was not apparent until i changed the debugger to LogTrainer= 1 which then showed the problem with loading was due to OPENGL 1.5 not being available.

I then downloaded the latest drivers for the Graphics card and everything sprang to life.

For Clarity I should say i was using Garmin Trainer V2.7.1.0 and GTN Trainer V6.62.4 and loaded these before installing RealityXP

although relieved to have found a solution and looking forward to using the software I do feel the level of support from realityXP is somewhat lacking.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

21 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

More specifically... it seems that a recent Windows Update has caused Windows Defender to quarantine an RXP file.  That happened to me also.

1) restore the file

I came here as I had suddenly found my RXP GTN 750 and 650 were black.  This was exactly the issue, Bert.  Thanks for the post.

EDIT: I also had to add an exclusion for C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\FltSim\bin\ which was also being flagged by Windows Defender.  FYI.

Edited by Gridley
  • Like 1

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

8 hours ago, Little_D said:

Turns out that my PC was not using the Installed Graphics Card drivers but a Windows 10 native driver.

I do feel the level of support from realityXP is somewhat lacking.

Hi,

I'm sorry you're feeling this because in less than 24H you've been able to find a solution if not from me directly, from other very helpful customers which I thank for their assistance here.

You've done the right thing using the available "troubleshooting" settings to get more information in the log file leading to the root cause in this case, and please note the video card question you're raising also has a dedicated chapter in the RXP GTN User's Manual > Troubleshooting section to guide you through setup up the video card adapter on Win10.

Do you mean you're using the embedded GPU for the GTN and your discrete (NVidia/AMD) GPU for the simulator?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 2/8/2021 at 2:06 PM, Bert Pieke said:

1) restore the file

I Truly can't get the hang of adding Exclusions. I am less than a year with Win 10 after a 15 year hiatus when I used XP.

I had allowed the false flag dll in my Win defender.

Also, whenever I go to reinstall GTN, the gauge tries to download first then stops and looks for the trainer, downloads the trainer and then resumes. Didn't happen first time.

I'm still lost. Hitting around the target but missing it.

Need RXP AND Win 10 for dummies.

2 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

I Truly can't get the hang of adding Exclusions. I am less than a year with Win 10 after a 15 year hiatus when I used XP.

I had allowed the false flag dll in my Win defender.

Also, whenever I go to reinstall GTN, the gauge tries to download first then stops and looks for the trainer, downloads the trainer and then resumes. Didn't happen first time.

I'm still lost. Hitting around the target but missing it.

Need RXP AND Win 10 for dummies.

Looks like you downloaded the GTN and the trainer, good.  Check. 🙂

As for Defender.. Windows 10 is a mystery to me also, but try this:

1. Start the Windows Security app (search for it if you cannot find it..)

2. Virus & threat protection settings

3. Manage settings / Exclusions

4. Add an exclusion

5. Browse to the C:\ProgramData\Reality XP folder and select it

All done 🙂

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

8 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi,

I'm sorry you're feeling this because in less than 24H you've been able to find a solution if not from me directly, from other very helpful customers which I thank for their assistance here.

You've done the right thing using the available "troubleshooting" settings to get more information in the log file leading to the root cause in this case, and please note the video card question you're raising also has a dedicated chapter in the RXP GTN User's Manual > Troubleshooting section to guide you through setup up the video card adapter on Win10.

Do you mean you're using the embedded GPU for the GTN and your discrete (NVidia/AMD) GPU for the simulator?

No, the first PC I attempted to set it up on was a laptop and I diagnosed the OpenGL issue there first. I then attempted to setup on another, more capable PC with a more capable GPU. After getting identical results with this PC I discovered the GPU had never been properly installed with the correct driver and was using a native windows 10 driver which worked to all intents and purposes ( I didn’t even think to examine the device settings) but crucially did not support OpenGL 1.5 hence my issue. 

I guess you cannot assume anything with  Hardware and Software combinations !

• Like 1

Bert - sorry for the question which is not your responsibility but is the path you describe C\Program\Data the same as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP"   this seems to be where my rtn is installed.  I have the black screen even though I by-passed the trojan horse defender warning.  I cannot seem to get it to work again and I cannot find the log file which suggests to me my install is cooked or I am not looking in the correct place?