Sign in to follow this  
newtie

KSEA by Drzewiecki Design thoughts?

Hi all-

I see KSEA by DD is on sale over at SimMarket. I had T2Gate a while back but am now on V5 and wanted to try something different.

Can anyone comment on this airport/

Thanks,

Mark

I have both and think that the DD version was much better, definitely no complaints at all. The Seattle Airports pack also gets you BFI, RNT and PAE which were all very much in need of some TLC. 

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I agree with Dave. Also, I’ve emailed taxi2gate several times looking for support and updates but I don’t recall ever hearing back. 

Dan

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

SEA is "fine" in v5, but there are definitely some glaring compatibility issues for BFI/RNT/PAE that have yet to be addressed.  Land class, elevation, objects, etc.  I agree, very much need some TLC.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

8 minutes ago, CaptKornDog said:

SEA is "fine" in v5,

What version did you install ?

I liked it in v4.5 and installed it to v5 but didn't work. I bought this twice already with the fshop fiasco and I'm not buying it a 3rd time.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

If you have a proff of your shopping at fsop, just send an email on Drzewiecki  site and you will get a DL link at simmarket.
I did so.

Good evening from ELLX
Yves

• Like 1

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

Does this have a sort of silverish/grayish tint on the textures? I feel like it's on several DD airports for some reason which makes them look a bit surreal, for lack of a better word.

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I just bought Drzewiecki Design Seattle airport and city last week. I do like that it comes with 5 airports (including KBFI) and I do like that Seattle is up-to-date (it includes the pedestrian bridge to the S gates). Along with the city of Seattle it is really immersive place to fly now. I just wish the airport textures were a bit higher resolution. You can tell the difference between these textures and say Flightbeam textures. Although the lower resolution airport textures means good performance.

One thing I wish I can do is install only certain static planes in the scenery. Like at KBFI I have the static planes installed so I can have the Boeing factory planes in the scenery, but it also has static planes for GA planes and biz jets that I wish I could get rid of. It also has about 7 or 8 Saab 340 static planes there for some reason. I have the static planes installed at KBFI, KPAE, KRNT but not at KSEA or S50.

Also when you install this scenery (and other DD scenery) you have the option to install a custom global environment map. According to DD it is a replacment for the default reflection texture. Is that a good thing for P3D v5? I always decline this option because I am afraid it might mess things up.

11 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

there are definitely some glaring compatibility issues for BFI/RNT/PAE that have yet to be addressed.

Which ones are those? They all work very very well for me with FTX PNW.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Bought and installed yesterday. Very impressive so far. Love the jets in the lighted Delta building at night. Much better than the T2Gate version.

I’m going to look at other DD offerings in the future for sure.

Cheers,

Mark

They still haven't gotten around to fixing the duplicate taxi signs at KSEA in P3D v5.1 because of you know, MSFS. P3D is the like the forgotten middle child with them.

• Like 1

Eric 

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

They still haven't gotten around to fixing the duplicate taxi signs at KSEA in P3D v5.1 because of you know, MSFS. P3D is the like the forgotten middle child with them.

Have you applied iniBuilds' P3Dv5 compatability / exclude files for Drzewiecki's Seattle area airports?
https://www.inibuilds.com/p3d-v5-scenery-compatibility-files

1 hour ago, newtie said:

Much better than the T2Gate version.

I’m going to look at other DD offerings in the future for sure.

The more recent Drzewiecki sceneries are of 'good' to 'very good' standard of products.
Bought and happily still use KSEA, UUEE, EPWA, EPKK and Polish Airports 1, plus the 'Landmarks' city scenery products of Seattle, Chicago, Moscow, Warsaw.

Edited by F737NG

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I agree with those that like D products. I think they are good value for the money, an I like that the sceneries are produced such that the city and airports blend seamlessly, which is of course not the case necessarily if you get city and airport sceneries from different developers.

My only point of annoyance with DD airports is the terminal windows, which frequent are way too transparant. At night it sometimes looks as though there's no windows at all. I really wish they would address this. Other than that, I quite like DD airports and have almost all of them.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

i really like their seattle as well as all of their city sceneries.  However not a fan too much of DCA/JFK/EWR.  Textures on terminal and ground are lacking.  But what they do well they really do well.  It's just a shame they are 100% over to msfs

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next